sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I am no longer afraid to eat as much as I want of whatever I want. (This might be the best Shangri-la benefit of all.) -- Heidi

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Sea Salt (a.k.a water cure)  (Read 15618 times)

taligator

Sea Salt (a.k.a water cure)
« on: June 19, 2006, 04:57:14 pm »

I've been following "the water cure" for almost 2 years now and I love the results I've have with it. Basically I add gray sea salt to all my drinking water. It keeps me from retaining water, helps my feet not swell up as well as keeping my skin clear and aids in my digestion. Phew. It does a lot for me and I don't want to give it up.

My question is this .. since I drink almost all my water with salt in it, will this affect the 2 hour window while I'm doing SLD? I've not had any salt in my water since I started because I wasn't sure of the reaction.

Any thoughts?

As a side note, one thing I noticed when I started the water cure was how unappealing salty food became for me. I used to crave it and I'd read for chips and salty items over sweet items. I started the water cure and suddenly everything was too salty. I found eating out very unpleasant and stopped seasoning all my food. I did end up switching to craving sweet foods so I'm interested to see if the sugar water helps with that. I know right now, even just day 2 that I'm not as interested in the sweet foods as I was 4 days ago.

leslee

Re: Sea Salt (a.k.a water cure)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:37:11 pm »

Thanks for the salt info- I went to the web site and found it very interesting - now keen to  rehydrate myself- not sure how to answer your question-salt is a mineral and it does add a taste  so this one could be for Seth-SLD is all about the no flavor -but if the salt is disolved in enough water it should be ok- how much salt do you add to how much water? I am looking forward to seeing how the two work together- I have noticed since taking the oil that my mouth gets very dry and I am thirsty all the time - and also have alot of water retention -thanks againg taligator

taligator

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 08:14:17 pm »

The actual recipe is 1/4tsp per quart of water. Some people find it very salty but to me it tastes just right .. I can always tell when I'm not getting my salted water.

Remember it's grey sea salt, it's not table salt. Most packaged sea salt is refined making it white and devoid of the nutrients. The salt should be grey and slightly moist to the touch. I buy mine from The Grain & Salt Society.

believer

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 09:51:41 pm »

is tsp tea spoon or table spoon?

taligator

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 11:31:17 pm »

teaspoon

tsp is teaspoon
tbs is tablespoon

believer

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 01:48:57 am »

thank you. I'm not american and it's very difficult for me to understand your measure.

splitbamboo

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 10:23:24 am »

I believe in a previous post Seth indicated that salt water is flavorless. Do a search--I believe it's here...

akhdar

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 11:43:05 am »

Didn't Dr. Batamanghelidj (am I spelling this right?) switch from sea salt in one of his later books as he was not receiving sufficient iodine? Or perhaps he began to add iodine in some fashion? I remember reading something akin to this in his latest work in the bookstore. I think?

Akhdar

taligator

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 06:03:19 pm »

Dr. Batman does recommend iodine supplements because sea salt is not iodized. =)

Thanks, I'll search and see if I can find that information about salt water being flavorless.

American-Woman

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 06:05:12 pm »

Basically I add gray sea salt to all my drinking water. It keeps me from retaining water, helps my feet not swell up as well as keeping my skin clear and aids in my digestion.

I am so intrigued by this that I just purchased a pound of the gray sea salt to try!  I'll keep you posted on my reaction.  I don't think drinking salt water should be a factor w/ the SLD.  I seem to recall Seth saying it would be ok and it seems to me that if sugar isn't considered a flavour, that salt wouldn't be either.

YŠll correct me if I'm wrong!

taligator

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 10:58:43 pm »

I did look through some posts and Seth said he thought it wouldn't be a problem.

I found that since I haven't been drinking my salted water over the past few days that despite doing SLD that I am up a couple of pounds. I started back on my water today so hopefully that'll clear up.

Today was three and I didn't get everything in and yet I didn't feel overwhelmed by food. Tomorrow will be better ..

American-Woman

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2006, 06:39:02 am »

Tomorrow will be better!  Today I'm down 4 pounds from yesterday.  I know it was water weight, because I felt horribly bloated! 

This is my first week and I gained the first few days I was on the diet.  Then the drop.  So maybe that's what you're doing as well.

Good luck!

taligator

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2006, 08:56:13 am »

I haven't been drinking enough water these past couple of days, I know that's a huge problem. Today I'll drink more freely. Not having salt was a big issue for me, when I don't drink it water doesn't satisfy me.

Victoria

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 11:42:40 am »

I do the water cure, too, and I have never put salt in the water.  As I understand it from the website, you add the salt to your food, or you can just eat pinches of it, washed down with water.  Doing it that way, it wouldn't be difficult to avoid salt in that 2 hour window.

taligator

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 10:56:55 am »

Dr Batman's book does not recommend taking salt straight and washing it down with water. He recommends in the book that you add it your water and use it on your food. Have you read the book? The watercure2.org website also suggests putting it in your water.

The only time I use it straight is at night when I can't sleep. I put a pinch on my tongue and let it melt and then take a few swigs of water and I fall right asleep. Dr. Batman explains that the body reacts to straight salt in an almost emergency type manner and it shouldn't be taken this way often.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18