Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Beneke Method

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beneke Method  (Read 37751 times)

BenekeMethod

Re: Beneke Method
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2006, 10:41:51 PM »

Thanks Paul L. I'm about 6 feet, maybe slightly under...

porkypine

« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2006, 09:11:31 AM »

Photo Update: I defrosted the mush, put it into capsules and learned that I can't make more than I will eat at a given time!

My capsules, size 000.

I put the mush into a little baggie and snipped off a tiny bit on one corner.

Open up the capsules and squeeze the mush in, just like a pastry bag.

This is the resulting capsule.

They come together quickly, so I stored them in a glass in the fridge. What is not pictured is that when I went to retrieve them in the morning, they had almost completely dissolved the capsules! The moral of the story is, make and consume immediately if you are using capsules. On the upside, it is impossible to get any taste once they are safely ensconced. I had 10 last night and felt very satisfied.

BTW, Tim, wow! And thanks for this great information!

Ann H

« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2006, 08:37:30 PM »

Almost like home sausage making. Nifty!

drouhard

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »

When you say:

"I defrosted the mush, put it into capsules and learned that I can't make more than I will eat at a given time!"

Do you mean - You can't make enough of them to work because its to difficult to make them, or you must eat them all immediately because otherwise they will dissolve?

As far as the dissolving thing - have you tried freezing them?

Also, I'm trying to decide if i should try the capsule or the crazy spice approach.  Do you have any idea how much you are getting in a capsule?  If you have a kitchen scale you could try weighing a bunch of empty and full capsules and subtract the difference.

Tom

porkypine

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2006, 05:07:43 AM »

I mean that I have to eat whatever I make right away, otherwise they will dissolve and I will lost the benefits of encapsulation.

I didn't think about freezing, although I worry that 1) while in the process of freezing, they will dissolve and 2) I'm not sure how my tummy will react to swallowing frozen food. In any case, it really only takes about 5 minutes to fill 10 capsules, so it's not a big deal in terms of time.

I do both crazy spicing and Beneke capsules, since I do not feel the need to consume 100% of my calories flavor-free. I think Tim mentioned here or elsewhere his estimate of calories per floated-swallowed-mush. If you click on his name, you can see all his prior posts to this website.

drouhard

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 10:09:10 PM »

I have put together a spreadsheet that calculates the calories in the mush, but I'm just not sure how many capsules I would have to fill and eat to get 300 to 400 calories.
Tom
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18