Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Glucomannan (a.k.a. konjac)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glucomannan (a.k.a. konjac)  (Read 13506 times)

Gelsemium

Glucomannan (a.k.a. konjac)
« on: October 11, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »

Holy Cow. I decided to try some glucomannan capsules for extra fiber, and they really help with AS!
Start date: 8/8/13

Pigwig

Re: Glucomannan (a.k.a. konjac)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »

So does plain ol' psyllium fiber. But since most of them are flavored, be sure to use noseclips.

EuGenius

Re: Glucomannan (a.k.a. konjac)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »

Holy Cow. I decided to try some glucomannan capsules for extra fiber, and they really help with AS!

Hello Gelsemium,

First I've experienced the virtues of sugar, but it so happens that I'm in a kind of pre-diabetes mode, so I gave up.
I tried canola oil with very little - if any - AS.

I had known about glugomannan long before I'd seen your post, but I was just saying to myself no more therapies (except homeopathy). But this time it convinced me that it was worth a try: I'm taking Glucomannan capsules and I've already experienced AS after only two days!

There's interesting advance in the "brain inside our gut" (microbiota), two kilos of bacteria living with us / for us...in perfect harmony :D
In this part of the world (Europe), there's a TV channel called ARTE (in French and German) on which they showed an absolutely amazing documentary on bacteria dealing with obesity (Le ventre, votre segond cerveau). It turns out that those whose bowels lodge colonies of Akkermansia muciniphila are NOT obese! - worth googling it up :)

Thanks for the tip!

EuGenius
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18