Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/ : runtime-created function on line 3
FashionablySlim forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FashionablySlim  (Read 1653 times)

« on: June 17, 2006, 10:44:29 AM »

Hi, This is my first post.

I began about 5 weeks ago, after I read about it on  I got curious and decided to try it.

For the first week or so, it seemed like nothing was happening.  (I  bought some fructose at whole foods and was using fructose in the morning and Extra Light Olive Oil in the afternoons/evenings.) No noticeable results.  In fact, maybe I was even hungrier than usual - bummer!  But I prevailed. I was smart enought to know that you can't give up too soon.  Eventually, I switched to just 3 or 4 T. sugar in water twice/day. Sometimes in Hot water, sometimes in Cold water.  No more fructose or oil, too much trouble.

My body started to get used to the idea that the sugar water would curb my appetite and eventually, that is exactly what happened.

I was able to eat smaller portions without minding it and be able to miss meals without noticing it or getting hungry.

That has NEVER happened!

I slowly started to lose "weight" or body fat.  I am very physically fit and exercise a lot but it is hard to get down to very low body fat levels if you eat anything you want -- and most even active adults cannot possibly exercise enough to make up for overeating too many calories.  I know. I have tried. 

But the Shangri-La definitely worked for me.  Of course my scale weight would vary up and down a little bit each day, but it has slowly gone down.  I averaged about 1400 - 1600 calories per day during this time, rarely less than that.  And I did do some exercise just about every single day, which I normally do.  Exercise by itself however, has never caused me to lose a lot of body fat since I am already below 21% bodyfat (and a low 20 BMI) -- which is the average-ideal for a woman.  At those levels, it becomes increasingly more difficult to lose body fat without some hard work.  But  Shangri-La makes it easy.  And I have not lost any muscle, in fact my muscle tone looks even better than ever.  I do cardio every day (sometimes interval work HIIT- High Intensity Interval Training) and  a Yoga-style stretching routine every day.  I also do Weight Lifting and Pilates 2 or 3 times per week.

Other people at work and at the Health Club are not aware that I have been doing Shangri-la and have come up to me and told me that I look leaner or slimmer and many people have asked me what I have been doing differently. They already know that I exercise a lot and yet they have noticed a big difference.  Mind you, on the actual scale, I have only been losing at the rate of less than one pound per week, probably between one half and three quarters of a pound of fat per week.  But no muscle loss.  And that is good.

By the way, I am not that strict anymore about what I eat.  In general, yes, but in social situations, I will have the odd glass of wine and a little taste of "fattening foods", if I want to.  Back home, however, I do eat more healthy foods in general.

I must say I am impressed.  I didn't think that the iShangri-La diet would work for me, but it seems to be working "as advertised".

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18