Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Has anyone's SO experienced 'Collateral Dieting?'

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone's SO experienced 'Collateral Dieting?'  (Read 10149 times)

J-Loo

Has anyone's SO experienced 'Collateral Dieting?'
« on: May 22, 2006, 08:43:50 AM »

When my girlfriend and I started dating about a year and a half ago, we both gained a fair bit of weight.  I gained about 10 lbs and she gained about 15 lbs from the restaruants and the long meals that we had.  Much of her weight gain could be blamed on me as it's hard to maintain a diet when your boyfriend eats a lot or likes going out to nice restaraunts. 

Well, after two weeks on the SL diet, I have managed to drop 5 lbs going from 230 to 225 with my goal being 200 lbs.  Surprisingly, my girlfriend has also managed to lose 4 lbs even though she isn't on the diet!  I think she has benefitted from the fact that I have reduced the portion sizes of the meals that we cook.  Also, when we go out to eat, we've cut back on ordering appetizers.  I guess it sort of makes sense...  By not having as much food in front of her, my g/f doesn't eat as much as she used to.  If this keeps up, I'd like to think of it as a "collateral effect" of the SL diet!  :-)

Has anyone else noticed this effect on their signficant others?

Miller

• Our Lips are SLD blog
Re: Has anyone's SO experienced 'Collateral Dieting?'
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »

When my girlfriend and I started dating about a year and a half ago, we both gained a fair bit of weight.  I gained about 10 lbs and she gained about 15 lbs from the restaruants and the long meals that we had.  Much of her weight gain could be blamed on me as it's hard to maintain a diet when your boyfriend eats a lot or likes going out to nice restaraunts. 

Well, after two weeks on the SL diet, I have managed to drop 5 lbs going from 230 to 225 with my goal being 200 lbs.  Surprisingly, my girlfriend has also managed to lose 4 lbs even though she isn't on the diet!  I think she has benefitted from the fact that I have reduced the portion sizes of the meals that we cook.  Also, when we go out to eat, we've cut back on ordering appetizers.  I guess it sort of makes sense...  By not having as much food in front of her, my g/f doesn't eat as much as she used to.  If this keeps up, I'd like to think of it as a "collateral effect" of the SL diet!  :-)

Has anyone else noticed this effect on their signficant others?

Just discovered this topic, sorry for the late reply, but yes, my wife has lost about 10 pounds.  She's being much more careful about how much and what she eats because she sees me leaving food on the plate.

saggi girl

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 07:14:12 AM »

Ha! I wish! 

When I get home from work my bf immediately asks me, "What shall we get for dinner?"  That is the LAST thing on my mind.  I don't even want to think about getting take-out food.  I want to graze carrots and broccoli out of the fridge.

But it's early times.  I think maybe after a few months he will finally get it.  I think. 

Seems like, as with any diet, it sure helps if you don't have anyone else living in the house to get in the way of your eating choices.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:06:17 AM by saggi girl »

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 02:10:11 PM »

Not collateral, but we're both happy SLDers and expect to remain so. He was in a wedding Saturday and happily buttoned up a shirt that would not have been decent 7 weeks ago.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18