Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Will missing 5 days ruin everything?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will missing 5 days ruin everything?  (Read 2304 times)

Cyberfish

Will missing 5 days ruin everything?
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:06:27 PM »

Hello everyone
I have been doing the Shangi-la for 6 weeks now with good results,though my appetite is not totally suppressed like some, I have  been able to eat less and have lost close to 15 pounds! I am 195 now and would still like to lose another 30.
I take one and a half teaspoons of xtra lite olive oil in the morning, and another one and a half at bed time.
I am going camping and canoeing in the boundry waters canoe area for 5 days and don't really want to portage a bottle of oil in there if I don't need to. My question is, if i take this break, will I ruin everything and have to start all over at square one, or will it be no big deal as long as I jump right back onto the wagon after the trip?

Thanks

Cyb

jzkc

Re: Will missing 5 days ruin everything?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »

Cyb, I've been thinking about the same question.  I'm going to a convention in a couple weeks and will see a lot of good friends that I only see a few times a year.  There will be plenty of time spent in the bar and I know from experience that alcohol will negate the appetite-suppressing effects of SLD.  Even though I'm determined to be good with food despite losing the effects of SLD, I'm wondering whether I should try to keep taking the oil there or if the oil would just be added calories during that week.  I won't have any trouble at all picking back up with the oil once I'm home, but I've lost 15 pounds too and I don't want to ruin everything!

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 10:53:04 PM »

I think it depends on whether the convention is in a foreign country or not. If yes, good; if not, bring your oil. Or buy some locally. But if you don't you can always lose the weight all over again.

melissacb

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 07:47:33 AM »

I just got back from a 3 day conference in Chicago.  There was food, excellently prepared mind you, everywhere.  Since I am an anxious traveler, I decided to forgo the SLD until I returned home.  I ate more than I do at home, but I could tell that my portions were definitely smaller.  I managed to walk every day.  I returned home Thursday and went back on the SLD.  Yesterday, I noticed the supression kicking in with my morning dose of eloo with sugar-and I practically had to force myself to eat dinner.  My pants are also looser than they were last weekend.  Definitely not what I though would happen after going off the SLD for 3 days.  I did try to choose foods that I don't normally eat so that may have helped.
On another note, I was getting a partial appetite supression from eloo, but after reading about eloo with a tsp of sugar as a chaser I decided to try it last week.  The sugar chaser has made all of the difference.  You might want to give it a try. 
Good luck to you! :D

Cyberfish

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 10:19:36 PM »

Thanks for the replies!

So it looks like if I take 5 days off, I might gain a couple of pounds, but wont ruin my set point,and  i will continue where I left off pretty much?
That would be cool!
thanks again!

jzkc

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:02:59 AM »

Cyberfish, the calorie burn of backpacking and canoeing, fixing all your meals on a campfire or camp stove, I'll bet you don't gain a thing.  Have a great trip!

Butterfingers

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 08:10:47 PM »

I just got back from a 3 day conference in Chicago.  There was food, excellently prepared mind you, everywhere.  Since I am an anxious traveler, I decided to forgo the SLD until I returned home.  I ate more than I do at home, but I could tell that my portions were definitely smaller.  I managed to walk every day.  I returned home Thursday and went back on the SLD.  Yesterday, I noticed the supression kicking in with my morning dose of eloo with sugar-and I practically had to force myself to eat dinner.  My pants are also looser than they were last weekend.  Definitely not what I though would happen after going off the SLD for 3 days.  I did try to choose foods that I don't normally eat so that may have helped.
On another note, I was getting a partial appetite supression from eloo, but after reading about eloo with a tsp of sugar as a chaser I decided to try it last week.  The sugar chaser has made all of the difference.  You might want to give it a try. 
Good luck to you! :D

Could you please refer me to the thread where you learned about the oil with a tsp. of sugar?  The oil hasn't been working--maybe this is what I need.  Or, maybe you could just explain to me what it is exactly that you do with the oil and sugar.
Thanks so much!

WheatenDad

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 12:02:23 AM »

Could you please refer me to the thread where you learned about the oil with a tsp. of sugar?  The oil hasn't been working--maybe this is what I need.  Or, maybe you could just explain to me what it is exactly that you do with the oil and sugar.

The post was from Stephen M (Ethesis) at
http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=1490.0;topicseen

... WheatenDad
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18