Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Just starting.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just starting.  (Read 6276 times)

Debby

Just starting.
« on: October 31, 2014, 05:50:01 AM »

Hi,

I saw that this forum is pretty quiet so I don't know if anybody will answer but I guess that this will be helpful for me to track my progress..

I started on October 29th, I actually started last week I did a couple days before I got the book and I did not have any oil during the weekend and then I received my book, read it and started again on Wednesday. So I found that diet by looking how to reset my body set point because it has been years I'm stuck at 140, I went on a juice diet, lost 14lbs so my lowest was 126 because my weight fluctuated a lot during the juice diet since I was binging on nuts on the weekend ^^. Anyways, I gained a few pounds when I started to introduce solid food so only vegetables and then when I started to eat normally again my weight slowly back to 140.. So in 3 months I was back to my original weight. I'm following a paleo diet because I have ulcerative colitis which helps me a lot with my symptoms.. I actually don't have any more symptoms thanks to that diet. And a lot of people says that the paleo diet helped them with weight loss...well of course it did not for me, so I tried to follow a fat loss meal plan but I'm the kind of dieter to had little "extras" to my diet so I was eating waffles on Saturdays, I was drinking almond milk, snacking on nuts (a little bit this time though) so no result after following that meal plan. Since I cannot control my snacking on nuts, I stopped buying them, I like Larabars too so I stopped buying them well sometimes I buy one and I found a better kind of bar which has less sugar so I usually buy them when I want to eat one. So after that I tried to find another way to help me lose weight, I found a fitness guide which seemed to work pretty good for those who did it but after 2 months I see that I gained muscles (and also 4 more pounds) but I do not see as much results as the other women who did that guide had. So I believe that my problem comes from my diet, I know that sometimes I eat too much, I'm going to eat my meal but then I have to had sometimes like nuts or a bar (that's why I'm not buying them anymore) so I end up eating too much.. So I hope that this diet is going to help me to finally lose weight because alll I see on my scale is the number going up..
Hopefully there is some people left on this forum ^^.

Current weight: 144.8lbs / 65.7kg
Goal weight: 119lbs / 54kg

gte

Re: Just starting.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:31:20 AM »

Welcome to the forum. It has been very quiet lately, but there are a few
people still here.

You didn't mention anything about working out. For me the diet alone didn't do
much even though I was already a daily bicycle commuter. However it was the
motivation that Ι needed to start experimenting with my lifestyle - both the
way I eat and the way I exercise. After many adjustments I have successfully
reached my initial weight goal and moved onto a second one, but I'm still not
done with tuning things. I say this, because I saw many people come and go
when they didn't see quick results from SLD.

You are already on the right track regarding not buying the foods that are not
good for you, but you can't stop eating. I've done the same, because whenever
there's junk food at home, I run out of will power eventually.

Good luck with your journey!

Debby

Re: Just starting.
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:44:01 PM »

Hi,

Yes I work out, I wrote so much I forgot to mention my workout routine.. I started a guide 8 weeks ago which seems to do wonders for other women who did it but since I started I gained 7lbs and I gained 0.6 in from everywhere I am disapointed because like I said the others who did that guide lost so much inches (they did not lose that much weight because they gained muscles) and I gained weight and inches... That's why SLD is kinda my last chance. I'm starting a meal plan on Monday to help me eat "normally" which will help me see if my diet is the culprit. How did the diet work for you?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18