Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hi from a newbie

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from a newbie  (Read 10850 times)

statue

Hi from a newbie
« on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »

Hi all,

I'm from Australia and ordered the book a week ago, still waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime I've been trawling this forum reading non-stop, this is all very fascinating.

Been doing light olive oil 2tbspns 2xs a day for three days and have been amazed that my binge tendencies have vanished! I've gone from wild binges to being able to stop after the third biscuit no problem, able to eat a piece of toast without gorging myself on the entire loaf. I've spent months actually afraid of carbs because one piece never ended up being enough. Now I'm finding myself satisfied with a small portion. Woah! AS is amazing.

Anyway, I had baby no. 3 in October, and have lost 40lbs since then really struggling each step of the way. Still have another 33lbs to go and hopefully gain muscle while at it.

I have a big interest in self-experimentation and nutrition in general. Excited to be here and learn what I can and meet you all.

Augustus

• Administrator
Re: Hi from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:18:11 PM »

Welcome.  It's pretty quiet here these days :).

The appetite suppression is amazing.  It's a weird diet :).
"Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner"

statue

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

Yeah, noticed it is extremely quiet, why is that?

I got the book yesterday and read it last night and the AS is still working.

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

Augustus

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 08:03:21 PM »

Why it's grown quiet here is a very good question.

It grew quiet before Seth passed away, so that isn't the reason.  Though, no doubt it's a contributor.

I certainly don't know.  I can make up insta-theories with the best of them, but they aren't worth much.

My guess would be that after the first round of interest, book's original publication, the era of peak blogging etc. ... well for some reason new people didn't join the community.  The old people wandered off as they met their goals, or it didn't work out for them.  (I've been using it off an on since the original article and it's still working fine, but there is only so much you can say about it :) ).

It clearly worked extremely well for lots of people.  You'd think word of mouth would have kept is vibrant.  Maybe it's so odd, and people are so cynical about diets (not without reason!) that the word of mouth dies out for that reason.  I can't say that I've _every_ explained to anybody and had them go on to try it.  Inspite of the clear evidence, which is usually why they ask, that I have lost a huge amount of weight using this approach.
"Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner"

Titania

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »

Hi!

I'm an occasional poster. It would be nice to see more activity - but it's usually pretty quiet.

Welcome!

siren

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:53:13 PM »

Hello and Welcome!

Things have been quiet here, more so since Seth passed away. I have been on this forum for a long time but I have to admit that I feel sad everytime I visit as I remember that Seth is no more with us. He was and still is such an inspiration.

But its great that you have come on board!  :D I am back to SLD after quite a hiatus and it is nice to have company.

From my experience your best bet is to keep a daily food journal categorizing not just what you eat and your oil/sugar intake but your emotions. It can be laborious but it really helps! Also, set a goal with a manageable timeline, to keep focused.

And finally, just be kind to yourself and don't stress out. The beauty of SLD is that it takes away the hysteria from losing weight. ;D

gte

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 01:19:26 AM »

Hi and welcome!

My theory of why it's been quiet here is that the progress has been slow or
none for everybody (except Morex). When I was active Morex was the only one
having great progress. The rest of us were struggling and eventually gave up.

However SLD and this site have been a great help for me in changing my
relationship with food and switching to a healthy diet even though I don't do
SLD anymore.

Morex

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 02:07:00 PM »

Hi guys!

Yep, I'm still here. I just made a quick update on what's going on with me.

I have been thinking we should do something to keep Seth's work alive. Not sure what yet.

As to me, yes, weight has been off and I am in normal numbers. Not only that, but my waist is getting smaller while my muscle mass is growing thanks to yoga. Things are good :)

Oilman

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 09:04:21 PM »

Hi, Morex,

It means a lot to me that you're still posting. I miss Seth, too. He contributed a lot to my life.

I pray his family (who I assume is keeping this site going) keeps it on the net.

Thanks for checking in. I know you give hope to many others than just me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18