Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
What about electronic cigarettes or ecigs?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about electronic cigarettes or ecigs?  (Read 6102 times)

swampstuff

What about electronic cigarettes or ecigs?
« on: September 01, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

I noticed that someone else asked about smoking, but my question is a little different, but enough that I think the difference is significant....

I just need to know if you can use an electronic cigarette during the flavorless window?  To my knowledge there are no flavorless eliquids, however, perhaps they count more as a chemical flavor instead of a food flavor? They are generally made of flavorings and propylene glycol.

I'd really appreciate some guidance.  I don't want to mess up the whole thing before I even start.  If I understand this correctly, if I associate the oil with a flavor it will end up not working.  But the ecig has really helped me quit smoking, so I don't want to mess that up, either.  Thanks!!!

Augustus

• Administrator
Re: What about electronic cigarettes or ecigs?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 07:36:23 AM »

Don't do it  :)

Any flavor inside the window is a problem.

Behaviorism rests on the insight the animals are extremely good at building associations between a stimulus and a response.  There is
a spot in my neighborhood where I twice found a quarter on the sidewalk and now, years later I can't help but look to check as I walk by.

Appetite is, apparently, the craving for a flavors, the flavors are the stimulus and the calories are the response.  So the intent of the flavorless window is the weaken that association by delivering calories without the stimulus.

Flavor is mostly in the smells; though also in the tastes - so if the eCigs have any smell or taste you will fail to weaken the association between flavors and calories that in turn leads to appetite.
"Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18