Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Progress/Self-experimentation

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Progress/Self-experimentation  (Read 14287 times)

Beatrice

Progress/Self-experimentation
« on: June 27, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »

Thank you to all who have provided information of their weight loss/health journeys!
I'm trying this out because:
1) it is counter-intuitive (eat fat and lose weight!) and that appeals to my sense of humor
2) it's clear that weight loss experts don't yet have answers to how we can live in this society and not gain weight--and I don't have answers about how to live within even my family and lose weight without stress
3) my doctor is telling me to take omega 3 oil anyway so I may as well get the health benefits
4) Freakonomics authors are right that peer reviewed studies later are revealed to have been marred by poor methodology or blatant self interest (NYT article 9/11/05). Or simply ignorance--not enough alternatives are studied.
With thanks for Seth's attitude that anything that is true can and should be said, whether this works for me or not, here is my starting point:
weight: 173.5 lbs. Goal: 159 is healthy, 150 healthier, and 135 to 140 the weight I was when I met my husband 30 plus years ago.
Info for others: I exercise pretty regularly, am 58 years old, have children, love high quality food (almost never eat junk food, but have been known to indulge in too much artisanal cheese.)
<a hre

Beatrice

Re: Progress/Self-experimentation
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:12:32 AM »

Progress report: Down 0.3 lbs. (to 173.2)--I'll take whatever I can get! I'm doing well throughout the day but am going to try to find what others do to suppress appetite at night. I get hungry around 7 PM and eat more than I would like. It does seem to help if I make sure I have  protein source at lunch.
<a hre

Beatrice

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 08:14:49 AM »

Also, although I did my best to follow directions my ticker is not posting. Any advice? Do I have to edit anything else in my profile?
<a hre

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »

Also, although I did my best to follow directions my ticker is not posting. Any advice? Do I have to edit anything else in my profile?
Hi,

You need to get a moderator to do the edit for you - there is protection to stop folks posting spam links in their signature. I don't have the right permissions but someone else might.

N.

Augustus

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 04:35:58 PM »

Hi - I volunteered to help moderate/admin recently.  So i'm a bit new to the software.  It appears your attempt to set your signature didin't work because you  didn't paste the entire fragment of HTML in.  I think you should just try again.  Looks like you almost got to the end.  If that doesn't work send me a private message with the fragment your trying to paste in and I'll see if I can do i for you.
"Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner"

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2014, 03:24:35 AM »

Hi -- formerly active member from some years ago here.  Firstly, you can't use HTML on this board for signatures.  You have to use bbCode, as discussed here.  Websites offering tickers normally provide the required link in bbCode as well as in HTML.  Secondly, there is presently a maximum of six characters specified for signatures, thus effectively disabling setting of signatures regardless of markup language (HTML or bbCode).

Augustus

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 10:04:34 AM »

...a maximum of six characters specified for signatures, thus effectively disabling setting of signatures regardless of markup language (HTML or bbCode).

Tandoori - Thanks for dropping by!  I've changed the limit from 6 to a 100.  Now that things are less active I think we can take the risk :)  Let's see how it goes.

Beatrice - You can try again.  Note you do need to use the bbCode as described on the link Mr. Trilobite provided.
"Now I'm not a saint but I'm not a sinner
Now everything's cool as long as I'm getting thinner"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18