Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Day 1 - 158 Lbs

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Day 1 - 158 Lbs  (Read 3788 times)

cchothani

Day 1 - 158 Lbs
« on: April 29, 2014, 11:27:38 AM »

I believe my current setpoint is 155. I can work really hard at it and deprive myself and workout and get it to about 150. Or I can not pay attention and drift up to 160. With a little bit of effort I can hang around at 155. I have tried hard to get down to about 145. Counting calories is the only thing that has worked for me so far and it tends to wash away as soon as I lost focus.

Oh yes: I'm a 40 year old Man about 5'5".

I'm trying ELOO. Let's see how it goes. I don't expect to see much until at least a week has passed.

Cheers!

cchothani

Re: Day 3 - 155.8 Lbs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 07:30:12 AM »

Must be natural fluctuations. I can't see how I can lost over 2 lbs on any diet in a couple of days. But it does seem like I don't have much in the way of cravings. Kind of weird! And, the smell of oil seems very unappetizing, so I can see how this would drive you away from greasy foods.

Morex

Re: Day 1 - 158 Lbs
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 04:46:50 AM »

Hello and welcome!

No matter what oil you have, try to clip your nose or breathe through your mouth for a couple of minutes. You don't want any taste at all.

And yes, it's real. You start loosing a little weight early on, as you'll be needing less food each passing week.

Hang in there and be patient. That's the key to SLD, in my opinion.

cchothani

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:22:32 AM »

Over the weekend, I tried unflavored soy protein instead of oil, primarily because I don't want to make my dieting very obvious and I'm still a bit embarrassed by the whole drinking oil thing. Bad idea! By Monday, I was back at 157.6! Went back to Oil yesterday and was at 156.4 today. Not sure if it was the weekend and the fact that you tend to eat more anyway or if it was the protein that did not have the same effect!

I guess I'll figure out what works and what doesn't. But while it was a bit disappointing about the weekend, I am sticking with it and will use the oil over the weekend as well.

My big concern is what to do when I travel for business as I can't carry oil on an airplane. So, I was really hoping the unflavored protein would work. Any other ideas? I really don't want to do sugar.

Morex

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 10:44:06 AM »

Hi!

For whenever you can't carry oil with you, try having a meal with your nose clipped.

Remember that the basis of SLD is to not perceive flavor in order to make those calories unrelated to food.

Good luck!

Laleanne

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:08:06 PM »

what do you use to clip your nose?
Leanne

Morex

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 07:18:32 PM »

Laleanne

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 03:08:05 PM »

the supermarket sells really small glass bottles of light tasting olive oil - 100ml - for most brands. Look for them. They are Perfect for carrying on a plane. the bottle is completely sealed. I carry that and a shot glass from publix that has measuring lines on it. found in the section where the measuring cups are. I bought several of these bottles and measuring shot glasses. I store them in my car, work, desk drawer etc. I have them in separate ziploc bags with a paper towel thrown in to catch any leaky oil once I've drunk from the shot glass. It works like a charm!
Leanne
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18