Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
RIP Seth Roberts. THANK YOU

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Seth Roberts. THANK YOU  (Read 5277 times)

Morex

RIP Seth Roberts. THANK YOU
« on: April 28, 2014, 04:39:06 AM »

http://blog.sethroberts.net/2014/04/27/seth/

Hello, this is Seth’s sister, Amy, with the sad news that Seth died on Saturday, April 26, 2014. He collapsed while hiking near his home in Berkeley, CA. He had asked that any memorial gifts be made to Amnesty International. Thank you to all for following and sharing Seth’s work.

On Sunday night I got the news from my girlfriend and I was immediately saddened. The man who changed my life through his work, a man who educated people through personal science just died.

He changed my life, made think, laugh and realize there is a vast world of knowledge to discover right in front of me.

There seems not to be a lot of info at this time, but I'll post it  as soon as available.

In the meantime, all I can say is this is a huge loss for humanity.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Seth. You left this world a better place and changed the life of thousands.

Marianna

Re: RIP Seth Roberts. THANK YOU
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:22:22 AM »

I am so devastated about this, I saw it yesterday. Seth meant the world to so many of us I was lucky enough to meet him right after his book came out.  I was one of the original group that experimented with the Shangri-La diet.  Thank you Seth for all that you offered us, RIP.

Heidi 555

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »

Wow.  I just read the news.  I'm in grief and shock.  Seth was so supportive and encouraging of me.  I wish that I had taken him up on some of his offers.  I always felt like I wasn't ready yet and kept thinking that I would get to those things in the future.  And now those particular opportunities that Seth suggested will never happen.

Seth changed my life.  Not many people have had that degree of an impact on me.  So many things unfolded in my life because of Seth and the Shangri-La diet.  It was one big change that led to cascade of so many other changes that never would have occurred otherwise. 

The world seems a little bleaker.  Seth was such an innovative, creative, affirming person, who wasn't afraid to go against the status quo.  The world needs more people like him, but he himself is irreplaceable.

I hope that this forum and his blog will be left up and be allowed to continue in some way.  There is a lot of valuable information here.  His self-experimentation legacy will live on in the lives of the many people he touched and changed.

I'll miss you Seth.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Gelsemium

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:38 PM »

I just found out after going to his blog (which I've been reading for years!). I can't believe he's gone. He was one-of-a-kind, brilliant AND nice to people; a rare combination. My condolences to his family and friends.
Start date: 8/8/13

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:15:02 AM »

Awww that really sucks :(

I lost a lot of weight on the Shangri-La diet, had a long thread which you can see elsewhere and when things slowed down Seth offered a few suggestions and experiences on how I might get the weight loss going again. We had a Skype call and I was impressed at his helpfulness.

N.

shovelqueen

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »

I've spent years on this forum and just revisited last evening to stop in and catch up.  So shocked to read the news.  Seth and his work with the SLD had a major impact on my life, both personally and professionally, as a Registered Dietitian.  It was his work that started me down the path away from the conventional low-fat dogma and into the realm of healthy fats, appetite control, and self-experimentation.  He will be truly missed. 

My condolences to his family and the rest of my SLD forum friends. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18