Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier  (Read 69460 times)

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( Still on SLD - 5 1/2 months)
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2006, 11:29:24 AM »

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 6 Whole Months)
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2006, 11:45:58 AM »

It's been 6 months since I started SLD.  WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

6 Whole Months.

Did I say 6 months...?

Well, it's been 6 months now.  The longest I've ever stuck with a "diet".  I can actually say that it's not been a struggle.  Not at all.  I've slipped now and then.  Not dosing every day. AS is still good.  I'm able to watch the Steelers games "GO STEELERS" without munching or nibbling on everything in site.  I'll admit I'm glad I can enjoy hot wings or chili or anything else I want.  But it is weird to eat 4-5 little buffalo wings and feel stuffed.  Oh, and I don't smother them with ranch dressing like I used to.

In reflection....I haven't had sour cream either.  It's been so long. I can't remember when it happened.  I only know that it has. I ate a small helping of chili without the dollop of sour cream looking up at me and I realized that I hadn't reached for stuff or even bought it in a very long time.  Funny, how certain foods have fallen by the wayside.  My eating habits have changed.
OMG I'm crazy-spicing baby carrots.  Who would have guessed?

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »

Well congratulations!  Six months, a true milestone!  It's usually so hard to change one's life and ways - this almost feels like cheating!  Looking forward to your posts over the next 6 mos...

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2006, 12:47:49 PM »

It's been 6 months since I started SLD.  WHOOOHOOOO!!!!

6 Whole Months.

Did I say 6 months...?

Well, it's been 6 months now.  The longest I've ever stuck with a "diet".  I can actually say that it's not been a struggle.  Not at all.  I've slipped now and then.  Not dosing every day. AS is still good.  I'm able to watch the Steelers games "GO STEELERS" without munching or nibbling on everything in site.  I'll admit I'm glad I can enjoy hot wings or chili or anything else I want.  But it is weird to eat 4-5 little buffalo wings and feel stuffed.  Oh, and I don't smother them with ranch dressing like I used to.

In reflection....I haven't had sour cream either.  It's been so long. I can't remember when it happened.  I only know that it has. I ate a small helping of chili without the dollop of sour cream looking up at me and I realized that I hadn't reached for stuff or even bought it in a very long time.  Funny, how certain foods have fallen by the wayside.  My eating habits have changed.
OMG I'm crazy-spicing baby carrots.  Who would have guessed?

Bigbaddar,
   what is your regime? How many TBS do you take per day?
It is cool to see that your scale is down nicely, I wish I could have had a nice loss like that since  June. Congratulations.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

TalkingRat

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2006, 02:02:55 PM »

Happy 6 months, Bigbaddar!

lvivianka

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »

I think we are all in there for the long haul - 6 months, 6 years, lifetime. we know how it's been and do not want to return to our previous weight.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

bigbaddar

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 11:49:38 AM »

Thank you for your wonderful support.  I know I couldn't have done it without all of you. 

You've all been so helpful, especially, when it seemed like I wasn't losing or when I was downright bored with the simplicity of drinking oil.....The progress reports, stories, and advice has held me in there.

And Jenn, my dosing is the same as it's been for the last few months.  1.5 T ELOO mid-morning, 1.5 T ELOO mid-afternoon.
I found that when I adjust my dosages or times, AS is nutso. It's all over the place. 

My hardest part, right now, is that I'm dosing consistently when I'm at work...But on weekends...ugh! I can't seem to find 10 minutes for myself...let alone a 2 hour window.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 07:59:23 PM »

Well congratulations!  Six months, a true milestone!  It's usually so hard to change one's life and ways - this almost feels like cheating!  Looking forward to your posts over the next 6 mos...

Let me add my congrats too!

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2006, 04:37:28 AM »

BB, I'm SO proud of you!  You have done so well and accomplished so much!

Glad to add another Steelers fan to the list of friends!  (Personally, I root for the 'Skins!)

bigbaddar

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2006, 04:50:05 AM »

Thanks.

I certainly hope you're enjoying watching Randle El play.  We miss him so much. 

girljedi

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2006, 04:55:52 AM »

Yeah, he's great!  That's one of the things I dislike about the "modern" NFL - you don't have players who stay with the same team for their entire career anymore.   Trying to keep up with certain players and where which team they're on now can be tricky.  I really hate that we lost LaVar Arrington.  I really liked him!  Oh well...

I seem to remember the Steelers have a new stadium now, or am I dreaming?  I always liked Three Rivers and where it was situated on the point where the rivers merge.   Its so sad when the old stadiums are torn down - like Candlesitck Park in San Francisco.

bigbaddar

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2006, 05:08:38 AM »

Ya..We have a new stadium..Heinz Field..and it's located at the same spot...where the three rivers meet...I never got "attached" to Three Rivers, so I don't miss it much.  That stadium was build to replace "Forbes Field".  Now, that field was a classic like Candlestick. 

Do you have a gameplan for your PMS?  Are you tweaking or adjusting for the next couple of weeks?  Or do you hold tight and wait it out?

girljedi

« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2006, 11:18:17 AM »

The first week is just annoying - face breaks out, breasts hurt and slight water gain.  The second week I feel the water retention big time and have chocolate cravings. The day before I start, I am VERY, VERY moody and everything annoys me.

I usually try to drink more water or tea.  Since I've been on SLD, I've not had the strong chocolate cravings.  Since my AS has been loopy, who knows what it will be like this time around!!!

Back to football....There are some years where you just want to hang your head and cry.  It seems the 'Skins have had more than their fair share of that.  I didn't even watch the game or listen to it, and my hubby said I didn't miss anything!  Plus, the Colts lost to the Cowboys!!!  ARGHHHHH....I like Peyton Manning!

Deep sigh.....At least Ohio State beat Michigan, and it looks like they might have to play each other again for the national championship.  I'm not a OSU fan, but my brother-in-law teaches at Michigan and I like to razz him about the Wolverines whenever I can.  Do you follow college football?

lvivianka

« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2006, 11:22:05 AM »

and the Browns lost another heartbreaker. It can drive me to drink, oil that is... :(

bigbaddar

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

Girljedi - I watch college ball but I don't closely follow a lot of teams. Just Pitt, Penn State, and the University of South Carolina. 

Ivivianka - I can't wait to watch the game again on NFL replay.  I'm sure they'll show the game again.  It came down to the last few seconds of the game.  Sorry you lost but glad the Steelers won.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18