Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier  (Read 69459 times)

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 5 Months )
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2006, 06:14:28 AM »

Oh Jen,

Good....The tweaking helped.(Seth was right)

It was so hard to find the right dosage for you.  Some of us hit upon it right away.

Are you taking the 3T at one time or are you splitting them up?

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2006, 07:21:21 AM »

Bigbaddar,
   I hope that it si for real.
I take 2 TBS right when I get up.  Wait for a couple of hours, eat something, then do another 1 TBS an hour later.
  That's it for the day. 
AS is really good.  I force myself to eat for energy :D So like I said, it is easy to make an omelette with vegetables or something because I have no actual desire for any particular food, so something healthy and nutritious fits the bill every time.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2006, 08:36:18 AM »

Bigbaddar,
   I hope that it si for real.
I take 2 TBS right when I get up.  Wait for a couple of hours, eat something, then do another 1 TBS an hour later.
  That's it for the day. 
AS is really good.  I force myself to eat for energy :D So like I said, it is easy to make an omelette with vegetables or something because I have no actual desire for any particular food, so something healthy and nutritious fits the bill every time.

Jenn

WooHoo  doing the happy dance for you here  :D

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( Mid-Month 5 1/2 Months )
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 05:26:02 AM »

Well.....

Today is my mid-month posting.  5 and 1/2 months.  I'm at 217.5 lbs.  I've been lower, I've been higher.

My thoughts today are these:

1) Although I'm up a little..It's cool.  I'm okay about it.  I view my weight differently now.  I weigh less today than I did in May when I started SLD and that is a good thing.  I honestly think I'll be keeping these pounds off. ( Maintenance here I come.) I know I would have preferred to be even lower..near 208-210 by now..But hey...It's okay...

2)  My figure is coming back. I've got a waist again.  My shoulders are more defined, sculptured even.  The area under my arms is firming up.  WHOOHOOOO. And I've lost a bra size. ( No details, too much information ).

3)  I need to reduce the amount of ditto foods that are in the house.  I'm spicing more often but I still have a tendency to revert back to the same old, same old....

4) I haven't had any exercise lately...None...No walking, no dancing, nothing.  I need to make an effort to add in physical activity.

That's the plan....

Good luck to everyone on this board.  You've kept me in there when I haven't been focused.

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2006, 05:29:02 PM »

Well.....

Today is my mid-month posting.  5 and 1/2 months.  I'm at 217.5 lbs.  I've been lower, I've been higher.

My thoughts today are these:

1) Although I'm up a little..It's cool.  I'm okay about it.  I view my weight differently now.  I weigh less today than I did in May when I started SLD and that is a good thing.  I honestly think I'll be keeping these pounds off. ( Maintenance here I come.) I know I would have preferred to be even lower..near 208-210 by now..But hey...It's okay...

2)  My figure is coming back. I've got a waist again.  My shoulders are more defined, sculptured even.  The area under my arms is firming up.  WHOOHOOOO. And I've lost a bra size. ( No details, too much information ).

3)  I need to reduce the amount of ditto foods that are in the house.  I'm spicing more often but I still have a tendency to revert back to the same old, same old....

4) I haven't had any exercise lately...None...No walking, no dancing, nothing.  I need to make an effort to add in physical activity.

That's the plan....

Good luck to everyone on this board.  You've kept me in there when I haven't been focused.

Bigbaddar,
  just the fact that you have a waist again is amazing.  I wonder if the additional fats in the plan are melting our excess fat in other ways beyond just cutting our appetite.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

SILENT

• STARTING DATE 09/27/06
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2006, 05:44:53 PM »

That's the plan....

Hey your ticker is back at the 4 pound loose way to go.    :D

"I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( Still on SLD - 5 1/2 months)
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2006, 05:00:07 AM »

I was lamenting to my mom-in-law this morning that I wanted to lose 10 lbs. by my birthday (early Dec.).  I've only lost 6 in 4 months, but a loss IS a loss, no matter how small!  (sorry, Dr. Seuss...)

Enjoy re-discovering yourself...isn't it fun to see little changes in how you are shaped!

BB, we'll get there together!

sammie

• Age 38, F, 5'10" started 9/23/06
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 05:53:08 AM »

I was lamenting to my mom-in-law this morning that I wanted to lose 10 lbs. by my birthday (early Dec.).  I've only lost 6 in 4 months, but a loss IS a loss, no matter how small!  (sorry, Dr. Seuss...)

Enjoy re-discovering yourself...isn't it fun to see little changes in how you are shaped!

BB, we'll get there together!

Isn't it amazing how 6 lbs. used to seem like no big deal?  And now, to lose 6 lbs., is GREAT.  And if you pick up something that weighs 6 lbs., you realize, hey, 6 lbs. takes up a lot of space, especially if you figure it's made up of "fluffy" fat (as Jenn calls it, and it's very true).  So woo hoo for your 6 lbs.!!!!

(I unfortunately have the same thought when I pick up a 40-lb. bag of water-softener salt and think, oh my, I have this much to lose and more...that was A LOT of food I ate to gain this much weight, ouch.  :shock:)

bigbaddar

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 12:47:18 PM »

I wonder what we could use as a "visual" of all of the pounds everyone on SLD has lost?

bekel

• Global Moderator
  • I <3 omega-3s
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 02:12:09 PM »

Someone stacked books up on a scale--may have been Stephen.

That's a lot of books.

Proud member of Lab Rats United, noseclipped unit: Tested on since May 18, 2006.

TalkingRat

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2006, 03:57:14 PM »

Bigbaddar, you definitely have the peaceful part of SLD down.  Great plan!!  I need to copy some of that.  :D

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2006, 04:53:23 AM »

BB, I have this mental image of Oprah hauling out the big wagon full of Crisco to show how much weight she'd lost (way back in the 80s?).  Now when I walk down the baking aisle in the store, I look at the crisco and think about how many sticks equal six pounds.  Nope, don't want it back!

bigbaddar

« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2006, 05:06:13 AM »

I had the same weird experience at the bakery.  Had to go get some fresh tuscan multi grain bread and there were all these chocolate-y nutty brownies.  I couldn't stomach it.  Before SLD - I didn't know a brownie I didn't like.  Now - I-  my stomach turns, I get queasy.......uuuugggghhhh...

I remember that Oprah episode.  She came out all slim and trim pulling that wagon.  That fat look "gross". 

Hmmmm...I need to look at Seth's charts again.  I seem to remember we (all of us posting) had lost over 600 lbs.  Now that's some fat......I wonder how much Crisco that would be?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:08:35 AM by bigbaddar »

CarolS

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2006, 04:26:26 PM »

I remember that too - big ol chunk of glistening fat in a red wagon. 

If SLD does take off worldwide, we're going to have to weight the Earth down with something so it doesn't go spinning off into space  :shock:

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2006, 04:45:21 PM »

in the Track Your Progress Here section, people have lost a total of 927 pounds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18