Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier  (Read 68602 times)

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 5 Months )
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 09:44:52 AM »

Hi Jenn,

I wasn't able to find your lastest tracking data. What are dosages ?  Times?

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 09:57:04 AM »

hi bigbaddar,
   my stats are

Female,  5'9", 160 LBS,  35 yrs old. 
2 TBS ELOO A.M. with 1tsp sugar in chaser
AS is good, and began using extra credit of low GI food.
  I just kind of stay there forever at the same weight!

At one point last week I thought that I had lost 2 LBS!  It was before my period...then this week hit.  I actually went up 4 lbs to 162.  Then back down to 160.  THAT STICKY 160!!!!!
 Hope I can get past it.

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

bigbaddar

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 10:12:39 AM »

Have you experimented with less of an oil dosage with crazy spicing as extra credit???

2T @ 160 lbs may be too much..maybe tweak downward to 1.75 T or 1.5 T of oil.  Less could be more in your case.  My only question at that dose may be "will AS be as good?".

I don't know....my two cents...for whatever it's worth...

Jenn

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2006, 10:27:35 AM »

bigbaddar,
  I had tried 1TBS a while back, but I don't think my appetite was under control the same way.  Actually even with the 2 TBS, I am only eating between 1200-1400 cals per day.
  I am just one of those wonders of nature I suppose  :D

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!

bigbaddar

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »

Well then...

Split the difference between 1T and 2T... Try a single dose of 1.5 T with your normal SW chaser.

See if that will move the scale.  Hope it helps...

Jenn

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »

Bigbaddar,
   I am a bit confused at why some people do better with less oil and others with more.  Theres a post by a woman(amazed, in the I did it thread) who did 3 TBS starting at a weight of 174 LBS and 5'8".  She sounds a little like me. She got down to 140! oh my stars....I wish I could do that !!! jeeze, it seems eternal this 160!

Jenn

bigbaddar

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »

It sure is strange, isn't it.  The only thing I can think of is that the "set point" is very individualized and may somehow be reacting to levels within the Endocrine System.  Your 160 lbs may be entirely different than someone else's 160 based on height, gender, age, body composition, fat content, water content, muscle mass, efficiency of insulin usage, gi tract, everything and anything.

You've been stuck at the 160 for months not weeks, right? Therefore, it may not be just a plateau. ...AND the oil has a cummulative affect..If 2T's is too much it's going to be waaaay to much over a period of time ..but if 1T doesn't give you appetite suppression, then the 1.5T or 1.75T with the SW chaser may be the right mix.

I know it's weird. 

Jenn

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 11:10:26 AM »

bigbaddar,
  the thing that I don't get is that I am eating less. but not enough to go into starvation mode or anything like that.  I pay attention to protein and eat lots of veggies.  Try to stay away from sweets or junkfood.
  So if appetite is suppressed, calories are down....what am I missing?
I shall be the enigma of the SLD message board  8)

Jenn

bigbaddar

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2006, 11:42:24 AM »

I don't know...girl...I don't know...but something is holding you there. 

You had the normal 3-4 lb up-tick for your TOM and now you've settled back to the 160..

Maybe this week will tell.....maybe you'll drop a lb...  I certainly hope so....

bean

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »

Jenn, I think we're both on the right track, in focusing on the carb/protein balance. I have finally lost my first pound, and I can honestly say I owe it all to my cottage cheese and fibre smoothie every morning. Here's hoping it's not a fluke - I weighed myself on the first day of my period, so I don't think so...

Yippee!

Jenn

« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2006, 01:35:56 PM »

I don't know...girl...I don't know...but something is holding you there. 

You had the normal 3-4 lb up-tick for your TOM and now you've settled back to the 160..

Maybe this week will tell.....maybe you'll drop a lb...  I certainly hope so....

Bigbaddar

Yeah, the scale read 159 this AM but I am not changing my ticker until it stays there for a while longer. I hope it is temporary!  MAAAANNN it is long waiting and doing everything right without progress.

Bean!
YYYYYAAAAY , really you lost one?  OOOH a little doggie dance is really in order!

Jenn

bean

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2006, 02:39:23 PM »

I did it! I did it!

I don't take oil on its own at all any more, just 1 tbsp fish oil in my smoothie. The past few days my appetite's been up (due to TOM I'm guessing), but generally since I started my cottage cheese smoothies 2 weeks ago, the AS has been superb. If I'm a pound down on my period I must be doing OK. I don't know whether I'm just bouncing or not, but I only get at my sister's scale every now and then, so I may have even gone lower before my doo-dah's started. Ooh I do hope I drop down again afterwards!

Jenn

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2006, 02:48:21 PM »

Bean!
   WOO WOO! Celebrations are in order!  Hey if it is that time of month and you are down a pound....that is good news!
Yippee hoo haw! :D  :P :)

Jenn

bigbaddar

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2006, 10:03:47 AM »

Go Bean!!!!!! Congrats.....

Jenn,

Did you up your dosage?  Did you reduce your dosage?

What's the current status???

Jenn

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2006, 05:58:03 AM »

Go Bean!!!!!! Congrats.....

Jenn,

Did you up your dosage?  Did you reduce your dosage?

What's the current status???

Bigbaddar,
  I upped my dose to 3 TBS per day, with SW chasers...about 400-430 cals I suppose of SLD.  In 3 days, it looks like I have lost 4 LBS.  Maybe some water, maybe some fat, I don't know if it is time to celebrate, but I feel looser and smaller.  A 4 LB loss is a lot when you only have 10-15 to lose.  I can say that the AS is stronger.  I just wish I had tried 3 TBS sooner, but at 160 LBS, 3 TBS felt like an awful lot of fat calories.

Since taking in that much fat, I feel a bit "ATKINSY" and eat mainly veggies and meat.  I did have a flour tortilla yesterday and sugar sweetened yogurt though, but I believe that the fat caloried that I am consuming are a huge part of my diet these days.  Go figure, I feel energetic and great.  Carbs especially processed ones do bog me down.  This is why I feel like I have lost some water weight maybe some fat.  In spite of the scale not moving in the last months, the last few days I feel like I was shrinking, but no move on the scale.

I always know because as soon as I wake up, if my wedding ring slips off of my finger easily, I know I am not swollen :D thus less water retention.  I feel though that SLD makes it sooooo easy to eat higher protein and moderate carb. 

So that is the news.

Jenn
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18