Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier  (Read 69456 times)

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 4 months and counting)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 06:02:30 AM »

When your weight jumped back up over 200 a couple of weeks ago, did you figure out what it was????

Yes, through a brilliant bit of deductive reasoning: my period started.

I didn't think I was doing that any more! Which is why I hadn't suspected. I never really had PMS issues that I was aware of. After a couple of days, it started to fall off again, even faster than it came on.

I know what you're saying; it was terrifying to step on that scale every day and see the numbers float higher and not know why.
Running weight tally:

bigbaddar

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 06:31:55 AM »

Oh what an interesting thought.  I hadn't even suspected my cycle.  I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago so that's not been an issue but the surgeon did leave one of my ovaries in so that I wouldn't need estrogen replacements.  That ovary has given me problems before.  I wonder if that's not the problem.  I guess time will tell...I'll just wait and see...I'll continue to log my weight daily.  I'm due to see my primary care physician at the end of the month.  If my weight hasn't dropped I'll bring it up with him then.... Thanks...

You seem to be on the downhill slide....Congrats!!!

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

bigbaddar

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 04:39:41 AM »

Mystery solved.  It was the thryroid replacement meds.

I had refilled the prescription on the 3rd of September.  The pills looked different and when I questioned the clerk she stated that "they were from a different manufacturer".  I accepted that.  But since the weight gain and the fact that I'm going to sleep as soon as I get home from work and (THANK YOU, FRENATA) a clue about hormonal issues, I decided to take the meds back to the pharmacy.  When I told them I wanted to return the unused portion and then refill the prescription, they looked at me like I was nutso...But hey...I don't care what they think....I'm up 10 lbs...Anyway, to finish the story...The pharmacist told me that the manufacturer that they normally use was back ordered on my med so they ordered from a different one.  But lo and behold the normal stock had just come in.  My prescription was refilled with the usual stuff I take.  I took a pill as soon as I got home.  Woke up this morning 2 1/2 lbs lighter. WHOOHOOO!!!

Hopefully, I can drop the rest of the lbs as easily.   

Seth....You're definitely on the right track about the "set point" theory. Keep up the good work.

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 05:42:36 AM »

I once read that the rules for generics are that they can legally be from 80% to 120% as strong as the brand name medication. I'm assuming we can guess which side they tend to err on. There are a couple of medications that I insist on getting the brand name version. Which doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your medication, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh, and...woohoo!
Running weight tally:

TalkingRat

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 06:28:48 AM »

That +/- 20% is pretty important for some things!  Bigbaddar, I'm glad the right stuff worked so fast for you, too!  I usually accept generics but I am fast reconsidering on important meds.  For something as commonplace as aspirin, I notice a difference in some brands. 

bigbaddar

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 12:16:22 PM »

But had I not been tracking my weight for SLD, I'd have just gotten heavier and heavier.  Eventually, I would have called my doctor, who would have run more bloodwork, and then promptly increased the amount of medication I was taking.
I would have been feeling sooooo miserable.

And here, taking meds the pharmacy gave me makes me fat.  What's up with that?
I didn't cause it. It's annoying.  I'm supposed to accept the fact that I 'caused myself to gain weight.

I'm not fat..My body is.  I'm just a thin girl stuck in this fat body.....But stuck no more...I will get thin the SLD way..!!!

bigbaddar

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 01:01:35 PM »

I'm posting this mini-update. 

After the initial woosh dropping me back down to 219.5, I haven't lost anymore this last week.

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress..4 1/2 mos...
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 04:58:53 AM »

The weight is starting to drop off again.  218  YIPPEE!!!!

I wanted to hit the 200 mark before I saw my daughter at Christmas but I have just found out she'll be in town next month for a wedding.  I can't wait to see her...I haven't seen her since January...I can't wait for her to see ME....Getting skinny and all.

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 5 Months )
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 05:09:52 AM »

5 months today.  Wow !

Todays' weight 216.5 lbs.  I'm actually okay with it.  I spent most of the week at 215 with today a little blip up.  Almost back down to my lowest of 212.

There's not much to report.  I've binged a little.  Noticeably less than pre-SLD but binges none-the-less.  Carbs mostly.  Pasta.

girljedi

• "Do or do not; there is no try...."
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 05:14:51 AM »

Bigbaddar,  you've been on SLD one month more than I have - you've lost so much weight!!!   The weight may come off slowly, but it is coming off!  Be proud of yourself!   I mentioned in another thread that our goal weight is the same - so let's plan on getting there together!   :D

bigbaddar

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 05:23:22 AM »

Girljedi,

Absolutely...We can go to 200 together... I'm thinking about changing my goal weight and lowering to 150 lbs.  But I don't know....You...When you get to 200, wanna keep goin' ?

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 08:16:03 AM »

bigbaddar,
  you are doing so well though!  I wish my scale would just budge a little teensy weensy bit.  It must feel good to see the scale moving downward.  And SLD really does not require an enormous sacrifice...that is why I keep on anyway.  Cheers to you!

Hi girljedi,
   we are definitely members of the snail club! I feel like my snail is in hibernation though! :D

Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!

chrianna

• this is a test, this is only a test
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

excellent progress, BB. 

i wonder if there's a point of saturation for taking the oil where binges "break through" once in awhile.  or maybe that is only for women?  i've noticed that we seem to wander a bit more than the guys. 

but, WOW, great job!

bigbaddar

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 09:37:57 AM »

You are so right about AS not being consistent for us women. My mini-binging started when I tried to put 72 hours into a 24 hour day.  Rushing here, rushing there, too many things needing to be done.  It seemed like I was eating "on the run". The stress levels came up and I, of course, resorted to ditto foods, fast foods...

Thanks for the support. I feel like I haven't lost "enough" and yet you guys think I've lost "tons".  So hang in there.  You obviously didn't notice how s-s-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-w-w-w my July was. Back to back plateaus.  So I feel your pain...

Jenn

• **~Feeling more ZEN every day~**
    • come listen to some of our tunes on myspace
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2006, 09:41:44 AM »

You are so right about AS not being consistent for us women. My mini-binging started when I tried to put 72 hours into a 24 hour day.  Rushing here, rushing there, too many things needing to be done.  It seemed like I was eating "on the run". The stress levels came up and I, of course, resorted to ditto foods, fast foods...

Thanks for the support. I feel like I haven't lost "enough" and yet you guys think I've lost "tons".  So hang in there.  You obviously didn't notice how s-s-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-w-w-w my July was. Back to back plateaus.  So I feel your pain...

Well, it seems like you are dropping a lot for us hibernating snails! :D  But I guess we all wish it was faster.....we all need an EASY button, just press it and "WHAM" all of our wishes granted!
Jenn
Drinking anything that feels good at the moment, not worrying about my body and feeling very, very good about that!
I am at a healthy weight and get slimmer/healthier every day!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18