Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier  (Read 69324 times)

bigbaddar

Darlene's Progress - Getting Thinner & Getting Healthier
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »

Hey there...

I'm a 49 year old female, 5 ft 7 in, started the SLD on 13-MAY-06 at 235 lbs. I saw an advertisement on Amazon.com.  I bought the book the same evening.  Easy read.  Started it immediately.  2T ELOO in the morning when I get up...2T ELOO in the afternoon 1 hour after lunch...A warm sugar water drink in the evening right before bedtime.  Today.....I weigh 227 lbs...8 lbs in one month...Who would have thought it??????

I've had a problem with my weight since I was in my early 20's.  I thought I was at a pretty normal weight.  My husband, back then, started with the "fat" barbs when my weight was 136 lbs.  I started dieting. I would lose the weight and gain it back plus 10-15 lbs.  Every year was the same.  I'd lose and then I'd gain.  My metabolism slowed. Hypothyroidism occurred.

Now, I'm at a point in my life where a new chapter is beginning...And I find SLD... It fits perfectly into my new thought patterns.
I get to "trick" my body into thinking food is abundant. I'm not hungry. I'm not starving or dieting.  I take my 2Ts of ELOO by drinking it out of shot glass.  Simple...I'm not counting calories...I'm not worrying about food...Not worrying about what I eat or when I eat. 

I eat breakfast now instead of skipping it.  I'm eating lunch instead of working through it.  I eat dinner.. I'm even enjoying eating fruit as a snack in the evening...I'm trying for a more balanced eating habit.  For exercise, I bicycle or walk on the tread mill one evening a week.. and I'm taking dance lessons one evening. 

Hopefully...SDL continues to work.....
 :P :P :lol: :P :P
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 05:35:23 AM by bigbaddar »

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »

Can I hear a whoop! whoop! ?

I'm home again.  Back from my month-long vacation in Plateauville.  The visit was longer than I had anticipated.  I thought I was visiting for just a few days but low and behold I stayed the whole month.  The numbers on the scale stayed at 226, 227, 227.5,  and 228.  Just bouncing between them.  I thought the scale was broken or stuck on the 227.  But after making a bar graph I realized the 227 was mid-ground the whole month.  My body was adjusting to its new weight.  Yesterday, I dropped to 224.  The same today.  I just couldn't wait to share my news. 

My two month mark is coming up on Thursday. I'll post the tracking data then.

Thanks to all of you on this forum.  The info and stories are GREAT!....

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 02:42:25 PM »

Yeah! You can have a whoop, whoop!

This plateau stuff is for the birds. Mine lasted a month, too, and it was so annoying. I didn't even think of giving up -- why, when this is so easy? Still, it was frustrating.

I don't think it would've bummed me out so much if I hadn't had such a flying start.
Running weight tally:

bigbaddar

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 09:44:06 AM »

Me too. I lost 8 lbs the very first month.  I though this is sooooo cool. Then the plateau came along.  And you're right...It's frustrating.  Annoying even. But not once did I think to stop SLD.  I'm a oil slugger now.....

bigbaddar

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 04:54:14 AM »

2.5 lbs gone....They're gone, gone, gone.  I hope to never see them again.

Today is my anniversary.  I've been on SLD for 2 months. Started at 235. This morning 223.5.  That's 11.5 lbs.  I'm doing the Shangri LA-DE-DA dance.  Two thumbs up and wiggle, wiggle.

I'll celebrate this afternoon by raising my shot glass high and saying "Thank you, Seth".

I hope for many lbs lost for all of you.

CarolS

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 10:14:23 AM »

I raise my pudding cup to you :D

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar (2 weeks...2 lbs)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29:27 AM »

These last 2 weeks have been so very slow in moving the digits on the scale.  2 lbs down. I'm at 221.5. 
It appears I've done back-to-back plateau(s).  If I hadn't charted this month I would be completely discouraged.
But I'm not.

I'm eating better. I have more energy. My mood is wonderful.  I'm not stressed at work at all. (Co-workers are noticing. Oh...they found my shot glass in the sink and were trying to figure out "whose" it was..hahahaha)

I'm drinking more water thanks to Stephen.

Yes. Stephen, your postings kept reminding me to drink water...more and more water....

On to the next couple of weeks.  Hopefully, I'll be down a few more pounds...

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 09:35:38 AM »

We're at almost the same place (I'm female, 41). I weighed in at 216 this morning, dropping a pound a week or so after spending FOREVER at 225.   It feels good to know we're finally in control of our bodies, eh?

bigbaddar

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 09:58:47 AM »

Absolutely....SLD seems t-o-o-o-o-o easy doesn't it... I hope to see the big 200 soon. Looks like you'll be there first though. Keep up the good work.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 04:48:17 AM by bigbaddar »

bigbaddar

Re: 3 Months....15 lbs
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 08:47:52 AM »

I am so very happy.  Thank you so very much, Seth.  Thank all of you who have posted your progress.

I have been on SLD for 3 months now.  (Where did the time go??? It went by sooooo fast.)
15 pounds lighter.  Today 220 lbs. Down 1.5 lbs since last tracking data posting. 

Okay....I haven't been perfect on this new plan. I don't call it a diet anymore.  I've eaten a few sweets, not many. I still want a soda now and then. But I actually enjoy drinking water now.  That in itself is good.  I've missed a few doses.  Even missing a few days here and there.  But SLD has been very forgiving for me.  I just get back to the plan of slugging oil.

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 3 Months....15 lbs )
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

Thanks for moving the thread, Seth.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
    • http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 3 Months....15 lbs )
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 07:08:39 PM »

Thanks for moving the thread, Seth.

Thanks for joining us.

bigbaddar

Re: Bigbaddar's Progress ( 4 months and counting)
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 05:21:52 AM »

Oh well...

Today is the day when I update my progress. 

A little unhappy about things but, hey, I've only got myself to blame.  I started playing with the dosages, the times, the amounts, adding water, adding sugar.  Oh was I soooooooo stupid....  I raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

I stopped taking my bed-time dose. There I said it.

It screwed me up.  The caffeine addiction immediately raised its' ugly little head and snared at me.  Several cups of coffee as soon as I got work... What have I done????? The pounds started to inch up.  So what do I..?...

I adjust my mid-afternoon dose and move it to mid morning, thinking it would help....But nooooooo.....that only caused me to start drinking pepsi again.  And that caused me to stop drinking water....The domino effect...OMG!

Todays' weight 222.  I was as low as 212 on the 1st of September. But I cannot post that wonderful number.  No......
I must post the...222...UGH!!!

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 05:34:25 AM »

Todays' weight 222.  I was as low as 212 on the 1st of September. But I cannot post that wonderful number.  No......
I must post the...222...UGH!!!

Ten pounds in ten days? C'mon, you're not really eating an extra 3,500 calories a day over maintenance, are you? That's got to be mostly water weight. Can you tell? Do you have...hormonal issues?

I had a blip about ten weeks in where I gained ten pounds in two weeks and then lost it in a week. It was terrifying, but it was purely water, thanks to hormones...
Running weight tally:

bigbaddar

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 05:56:25 AM »

Yes...10 lbs....I'm miserable out it...Those darn digits keep raising higher and higher everyday.

I think part of it is also that I didn't take my thryroid replacement for 3 days...I was just too lazy to go to the pharmacy to pickup the refill.  And I think part of it may be bowel related.  Not going as well.  I've drank very little water and the water I did drink was tap water. The chlorination probably suppressed my thyroid even lower. Whatever it is..I hope it passes...and the weight starts to drop again.

When your weight jumped back up over 200 a couple of weeks ago, did you figure out what it was????

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18