Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Adrenal Imbalance

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adrenal Imbalance  (Read 2716 times)

siren

Adrenal Imbalance
« on: March 25, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »

Hi Seth

It seems I have some sort of adrenal imbalance (the doctor is still checking to see exactly what the issue is). This seems to explain my weight gain, belly fat, high androgen levels and constant craving for sugar and salt. I was wondering if you had any comments on the shangri la diet and its effect on this type of hormonal imbalance? I have not had the best luck sticking to the diet, but this may just be lack of discipline on my part.

Thanks,
Siren

siren

Re: Adrenal Imbalance
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:53:08 AM »

Dear friends

I thought I would reply to this post on adrenal fatigue as I have just had a chat with my doctor and it seems I have a diagnosis, finally! It seems I do indeed have adrenal fatigue- chronic and sustained stress levels which have resulted in/ stemmed from hormonal imbalance (thyroid and DHT levels), hair loss, belly fat and weight gain, cravings for salt and sugar, low blood pressure and hypoglycemia. I am sure a lot of you have similar issues and I suggest you read up on adrenal fatigue as it is often misdiagnosed. Adrenal fatigue often accompanies other illnesses, which is why this is often overlooked.

As a result, I went to see a dietician and she recommended the following:
1) Trial a gluten free diet for at least 3-4 weeks, longer is welcomed
2) Eliminate sugar for at least 3-4 weeks, longer is welcomed
3) Increase water intake to at least 70oz per day, more if you drink coffee or tea
4) Decrease or eliminate caffeine

Believe me, I am NOT a fan of elimination diets. I don't believe they are sustainable or healthy. Having said that, I do believe that one has to temporarily discontinue the intake of things that might be harmful to you, in order to repair the body and build up adequate defenses in order to enjoy them once again.

I also believe it would help to work with an integrative MD in order to get the right balance of supplements to help with the detox process. However, at the moment I cannot afford to go to one so I am going to try the diet the nutritionist recommended for the next 6 weeks to see if I feel better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18