Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Dextrose instead of fructose or sucrose?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dextrose instead of fructose or sucrose?  (Read 4086 times)

pernissila

Dextrose instead of fructose or sucrose?
« on: January 08, 2014, 07:27:34 AM »

Hi!

Has anyone tried using pure glucose/dextrose/grape sugar instead of fructose or sucrose?
I find that dextrose taste less than those. I just started with 2 tbsp yesterday but i might also try the dextrose. So far i'm using about 3 tbsp mild olive oil(holding my nose) a day. So far, no change in appetite.

Morex

Re: Dextrose instead of fructose or sucrose?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 02:47:20 PM »

Hi there! I have had no experience with sugar, but canola oil worked marvels for me.

I think the trick to sugar is to clip your nose, but that also applies for oil.

Cheers!

barnz

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »

Hi,

I'm also interested to hear if dextrose (or glucose) water works the same for anyone (dextrose is 100% glucose, as opposed to table sugar which is 50% fructose, 50% glucose)

I've gotten a little gout from too much fructose in the past.

I completely understand various oils are an option but I specifically want to know if anyone knows if dextrose/glucose water works as an alternative to the oil/sugar water.

Thanks

barnz

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 03:34:46 PM »

Hi,

Just thought I'd relay back my experience of using dextrose in case someone else comes back. Dextrose 100% glucose, as opposed to sugar (sucrose), which is 50:50 fructose:glucose. Dextrose is still sweet, but not as sweet as sugar, has a slight bitterness.

I found taking 4 teaspoons of dextrose in a mug of water had a rapid effect, increasing my concentration and body temperature for about 45 mins or an hour. However, it seem to give me a "sugar crash", worse than plain white sugar. The effect was very noticeable if I was already tired before taking the dextrose.

I also found it didn't work as appetite suppressant, the way sugar water did. I felt much hungrier on the day I took it.

So altogether I wouldn't recommend it. I noticed in Seth's book that he recommends either sugar or one of it's components (fructose) but not the other component (ie glucose/dextrose).

The reason I did this was because I found the ELOO hard to take each day - I also found it difficult to avoid any aftertaste - and I seemed to get better results on sugar water. However, I don't want to take too much sugar so was looking at alternatives.

I don't know if anyone else find this, but we cook at home mainly with olive oil, and I wonder if the mild aftertaste of ELOO was in fact triggering a flavor-calorie association with me.

I also wonder if it is in fact the fructose-ness of sugar that makes a difference for SLD, rather than the purely sweetness. Fructose is metabolized differently to most other things and I wonder if that's got something to do with it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18