Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How do you know when you're at your minimum set point?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you know when you're at your minimum set point?  (Read 3166 times)

mapglove

How do you know when you're at your minimum set point?
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:48:12 AM »

I am at a healthy BMI (I am 5'7", 140 lbs with a medium bone structure), but I would really like to lose 10-15 lbs just because 125-130lbs is where I feel the most attractive, and it is still in a healthy BMI range.

I've tried Shangri-la in the past and didn't notice any real change in appetite. I read in Seth's book in the FAQs about whether SLD just doesn't work for some people, that everyone's set point has a minimum value determined by their genes and life experience and nothing will cause your set point to go below the minimum, not even SLD. It can only set you back to your minimum.

So my question is - did Shangri-la not work for me because I'm already at my minimum set point, or is your guess just as good as mine? Does this mean I can never really be at my ideal weight without being hungry all the time?

I am asking because I am thinking about giving the diet another go, but if I'm at my minimum set point I am afraid I will just end up gaining weight from all the extra oil calories with no real appetite suppression.

PLEASE HELP!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18