Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Can anyone dispute the vegan arteries study?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can anyone dispute the vegan arteries study?  (Read 3100 times)

JGT

Can anyone dispute the vegan arteries study?
« on: February 06, 2014, 04:07:14 PM »

Hi everyone, I often question my paleo diet although I am not seeing any issues at the present time I am worried about the long term affects. This video in particular was concerning, but I have a feeling there might be some bias to the study.

Can anyone debunk this?

http://nutritionfacts.org/video/arteries-of-vegans-vs-runners/

Pigwig

Re: Can anyone dispute the vegan arteries study?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 01:25:56 PM »

No need to debunk the report -- most medical claims are based on correlation studies, which are important, but hardly definitive. There are far too many variables in diet make such simple statements. What matters is how the individual does on his or her diet.

That said, many people do quite well on vegan diets. President Bill Clinton has gotten quite healthy again after his heart problems on a vegan diet. However, individuals have differing responses to diets, and they also change during life.

The "problem with vegans" is that so many of them are hardcore evangelists, but it also happens with people on Paleo, Low-Card, and other radical diets. It's not the diet, it's the dieter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18