Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Please help me!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help me!!!  (Read 3602 times)

UzSvTlX82Z

Please help me!!!
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »

Hi. I'm a 18-year-old girl and this is my second time trying the SLD. I'm 5'4 and I weigh about 200 pounds. This is probably the last chance I will ever give to a diet before I kill myself, so let's hope it works. :'( I have a few concerns, the first one is that I can't swallow with my nose clipped because my ears pop and it's a very unpleasant feeling. :( The second one is that I'm Spanish and they don't sell ELOO or canola oil in Spain. The most popular oils are EVOO and sunflower oil, but I don't think any of these is considered tasteless (are they?). I tried the sucrose water method but I CAN'T STAND IT! Pure sweetness is disgusting, it makes me very nauseous and dizzy, hence why I'm willing to try the oil method. It sounds disgusting, too, but it's probably less disgusting than drinking 1L of water with sugar. I really hope someone can help me, because fatness and cravings are RUINING my life! Thank you for reading...

shovelqueen

Re: Please help me!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

Try looking for rapeseed oil.  This is canola oil, just by a different name.  Light or light-tasting olive oil would also be fine, as would the sunflower oil.  As long as you hold your breath while throwing back the oil, then chasing it with enough water to wash out your mouth, you will be fine. 

Good luck to you.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

EuGenius

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 04:32:00 PM »

Hi UzSvTlX82Z,

The flavourless oil that can be found in Spain (in health food shops) is ACEITE DE CARTAMO.
I started putting the oil+sucrose water mix to a test; it made appetite practically disappear, so I took a day pause.
I would be all right if I lost as little as 2,5 lb, but this is not exactly what you should aim at: as I see it, it's first a matter of stabilizing the feeling of hunger. Surely there will be a change when you notice you don't think about eating as often as you do now.

And forget about drastic measures: life goes on.
All the best 

UzSvTlX82Z

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 05:15:50 PM »

Hi UzSvTlX82Z,

The flavourless oil that can be found in Spain (in health food shops) is ACEITE DE CARTAMO.
I started putting the oil+sucrose water mix to a test; it made appetite practically disappear, so I took a day pause.
I would be all right if I lost as little as 2,5 lb, but this is not exactly what you should aim at: as I see it, it's first a matter of stabilizing the feeling of hunger. Surely there will be a change when you notice you don't think about eating as often as you do now.

And forget about drastic measures: life goes on.
All the best

Thank you, I'll try to find this oil. Are you Spanish?

UzSvTlX82Z

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 07:45:45 AM »

I am; and have been struggling with overweight all my life.
I started dieting at 18 and it worked - there have been long periods (years) in which I would keep the same weight without any special cares for quantity or type.

But years have passed, and it's been more and more difficult to shed weight.
Seth mentions some of these successful diets (one type of food per meal; low-carb; low GI). There are a lot more, and they are rather Europe-centered: Montignac's wise combinations, Dukan's protein alternation, D'Adamo's blood type diet, Chrono-diet: they all worked for me as long as I stuck to them.

But there are things left unsaid, or not clearly stated: I don't seem to be steady taking exercise; on top of that, there are memories of childhood (my mum making me eat everything on the plate) that need to be sorted out: I really don't believe that taking the oil or the sugar is enough to solve the problem in the long run. It does reduce appetite, though, and this is a very good start. But the issue has only just been tackled, and I do believe we should have a closer look inside our selves. If we delved into neuroscience, for instance, we might find out where exactly we (I mean, people like you or me) differ from other Shangri-La experimenters. It would be interesting to have a clearer idea of which part, or layer, of our brain is under the spell of ravenous appetite.

Let's keep in touch,
All the best

Wow, I wish I could keep up with your excellent English! I have tried several diets throughout my life with little to no success. My family loves to eat and it's very challenging for me to see the cupboards full of sweets and cookies and not being able to eat them.  I'm not planning on living alone any time soon (I'm 18 and have never had a job) so it requires a lot of willpower for me to live in a house full of junk food given that I'm the only one who diets. Also, I don't have much time to cook since I study.

I stumbled upon The Shangri-La Diet while googling for a "no hunger diet" and was very excited to try it (for some reason I'm always hungry when I diet), but I haven't been able to find any tasteless oils. The Spanish stopped producing canola/rapeseed oil about 30 years ago because they found out it was highly toxic (google "toxic oil syndrome epidemic in Spain") and I wasn't able to find extra light olive oil either, even in health food stores. I'll see if I can find safflower oil, and if I can't, I think I'll just give up... Gracias. ;)

Sareena

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

Maybe you could try noseclipping the oil or some food you eat. There are some very good explanations on how to do this on this board. Just look on the first page of this forum and you will find it. Basically you hold your nose while you take the oil or anything else and you don't taste it. I think this could really help you since you don't have access to flavor free oil.

Hope that helps.

UzSvTlX82Z

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »

Maybe you could try noseclipping the oil or some food you eat. There are some very good explanations on how to do this on this board. Just look on the first page of this forum and you will find it. Basically you hold your nose while you take the oil or anything else and you don't taste it. I think this could really help you since you don't have access to flavor free oil.

Hope that helps.

I've tried noseclipping but it's a very strange feeling! My ears pop and my nose "clicks" LOL Is this even normal?

Gelsemium

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 11:47:03 AM »

I've tried noseclipping but it's a very strange feeling! My ears pop and my nose "clicks" LOL Is this even normal?

I don't think so. Are you a mouth-breather with a long face and narrow jaws? It could be that the internal structure of your mouth and head is crowded.
Start date: 8/8/13

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18