Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Several questions

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Several questions  (Read 2877 times)

FLTeacher

Several questions
« on: December 03, 2013, 09:07:35 AM »

I've done a search and found a number of threads similar to the questions I have, but I didn't feel like any of the threads answered my questions directly (or with certainty, if there can be any).

1) Has anyone had success using oil capsules (flax or fish) instead of taking the oil directly? I know people have said it's fine to get the oil this way, but I didn't see any posts by people who had success this way. I've been taking the required number of capsules to meet the calorie requirements for several days, and I actually seem to be much hungrier. Granted, it hasn't been long. The capsules are a mix of fish and flax. I've also been taking the capsules twice a day rather than all at once. Could either of these things be an issue?

2) What's the consensus on odors? Food odors during 2 hour window safe or not? Other odors? Several people I work with use strong smelling lotion (including cocoa butter) and colognes, so it's difficult to be odor free.

3) I saw someone talk about waking up in the middle of the night to take his/her oil. Has anyone had success (or problems) taking it before bed (rather than waking up in the middle of the night)? I don't like interrupting my sleep, so before bed would be preferable. It would also be easier to deal with the diet, since I wouldn't spend all day thinking about how much time has passed since I tasted something or how much time there is before I'm going to taste something again.

4) I read a study in which already overweight people were put on a diet in which 20-25% of their calories came from either glucose or fructose. At the end of the study, it was discovered that there was really no difference in weight gain between the people, but those who were taking fructose developed more health problems than those who were taking glucose. Has anyone tried the diet with glucose (instead of fructose or table sugar)? Glucose might be a problem because it hits the blood much more quickly, and I don't know if that could be counter-productive.

5) Is it possible that the weight loss comes about because we're cognizant of the fact that we've taken so many calories in a short time and so deliberately try to eat fewer calories throughout the rest of the day? Granted, that wouldn't explain the appetite suppression so many seem to experience, but again, I haven't felt that, and I feel like I'm going to end up gaining weight, because I'm taking all these extra calories but remain hungry (ravenous sometimes).

Gelsemium

Re: Several questions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:41 AM »

I've done a search and found a number of threads similar to the questions I have, but I didn't feel like any of the threads answered my questions directly (or with certainty, if there can be any).

1) Has anyone had success using oil capsules (flax or fish) instead of taking the oil directly? I know people have said it's fine to get the oil this way, but I didn't see any posts by people who had success this way. I've been taking the required number of capsules to meet the calorie requirements for several days, and I actually seem to be much hungrier. Granted, it hasn't been long. The capsules are a mix of fish and flax. I've also been taking the capsules twice a day rather than all at once. Could either of these things be an issue?

You should be fine, as long as there's no odor or taste and as long as you are taking at least 200 calories or more a day of the capsules. You could try freezing the capsules to eliminate all odors (I find that these capsules have a fishy one).

5) Is it possible that the weight loss comes about because we're cognizant of the fact that we've taken so many calories in a short time and so deliberately try to eat fewer calories throughout the rest of the day? Granted, that wouldn't explain the appetite suppression so many seem to experience, but again, I haven't felt that, and I feel like I'm going to end up gaining weight, because I'm taking all these extra calories but remain hungry (ravenous sometimes).

In my case (especially the very first time I tried the SLD) taking the oils makes most food unbearable and unpalatable. Especially the stuff that I over-ate before the diet: pastries and chocolate. I seriously doubt this is merely due to consuming extra calories, as it causes the feeling of being full to the point of nausea for hours on end and eliminates any desire for junk food or junk drinks like coffee and soda.

Hang in there and you'll find the thing that makes food wonderfully disgusting, lol. There is nothing in the world like the SLD!
Start date: 8/8/13

FLTeacher

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 07:46:06 AM »

It's been about two weeks, and I still haven't experienced appetite suppression. I eat the same amount I usually do, compensating for the extra calories from the oil.

I take 390 calories of fish/flax capsules a day, usually around noon. I'm careful that I've tasted nothing for at least an hour before and an hour after. I've also started nose-clipping when I take the capsules.

Any suggestions from those who've had success? I have quite a bit of weight to lose.

Should I switch to ELOO mixed with water (I can't handle taking it by itself) or perhaps flaxseed oil (also mixed with water?), now that I have a clip?

Any advice welcome.

Leftblank

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 11:58:36 AM »

Some theories, no answers:

The capsules may slow your digestion of the calories, which might disrupt the effect of the SLD method.

I've had good success taking all the oil first thing in the morning. Then you don't have to worry about the windows and so forth.

You might want to consider more oil -- about 400-500 cals -- depending on your weight.

If the AS working, you don't even think about food. It's not a calculus or placebo -- if it's working.

FLTeacher

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »

I'm taking almost 400, which the book says is the max, in capsule form. I have quite a bit to lose, which is why I started out at ~400 instead of a lower dose.

What you've said about the capsules slowing digestion and interfering with the SLD bears further investigation. After I return from visiting my family for the holidays, I'll try the ELOO in water method and see if that works for me.

I've considered taking the dose in the morning, but I have my doubts that I'll be able to avoid any strong food odors for the requisite amount of time, which is why I was considering taking it before bed, rather than in the middle of the day or middle of the night.

Thanks for the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18