Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Not sure this works, did at first then AS diminished ?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not sure this works, did at first then AS diminished ?  (Read 4478 times)

bxa67

Not sure this works, did at first then AS diminished ?
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:21:21 PM »

HI,
I sooo want this to work, started about 1.5 months ago & had a Very strong AS when I 1st started using CO, well it then wore off(not sure if this is a Learned response or not), note I was using a lower dose than the 2 x body weight when started. and I have been diligent to maintain the 2 hour window time of not eating/drinking.

Well I lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks, and then gained it all back. I Tried changing oils as well as changing the time when taken.

Honestly there is something here, but its not the whole picture.  Plus if the theory is valid, (not sure it is), then it should NOT matter what type of Flavorless food or time you take said food to get the AS. A medicine will work each and every time, but I think there is something missing here, not sure what it is, wish I knew, still trying to tweak this, but sadly I think I might be quitting on this diet.  On the positive side, I do think a good daily dose of Healthy oils has helped my mental clarity & lowered the amount of sleep I need.  In the end, I think the body figures out your are taking flavorless calories & then just registers it as food :(

I would appreciate any input & thoughts
Thank you, Bill in IL

bxa67

Re: Not sure this works, did at first then AS diminished ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 01:22:42 PM »

Note: I tried up to 9 tbs of oil (due to my weight) and as low as 3 tbs, I think the body just figure out what going on & says "He not so easy!" LOL

Leftblank

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:14:15 AM »

Plateaus are normal, and if you find yourself looking forward to the oil it probably means your body has figured something out. It is very important to have a no-flavor hour before and after the oil, and also for some of us, during the oil. Try buying a pair of swimmers' nose clips and wearing the clips while taking the oil, then rinse your mouth thoroughly. No toothpaste or ambient smells in this two hour window. I know Seth has also stressed the eat-whatever-you-want aspect, but I prefer to use the AS to eat-healthy-whenever-I-eat. In other words, you still should avoid high-calorie dense foods, whether processed snacks, sodas or meat/cheese/etc. Also examine whether there are social reasons or pressures -- those can be powerful. If the diet is working very small healthy portions should be fully satisfying, almost making you full. But it can still be a broad category. Some exercise too -- walking 10,000 steps a day myself. And patience -- I've been "stuck" for a week or even weeks, and even gained a pound back, but eventually the AS returns. Hang in there.

bxa67

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 09:20:31 PM »

thanks appreciate the input, I have been using the 2 hour window & flavorless Canola oil, there is something positive here, but not sure we have the whole picture as the AS diminished, that is what I am trying to find out, will have to try nose clips, but Canola oil has like NO flavor what so ever to me

best rds Bill

bxa67

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:42:22 PM »

nose clipping has helped some what will give it 2 weeks & see

Leftblank

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »

Good luck. I have found that canola does have a slight flavor and use ELOO. Wash it all down with water quickly.

You might also try increasing the amount of oil you use. I got the best results with what seemed like a lot -- about 5 fluid ounces / tbsps. I then reduced that to 4 tbsps.

I have recently hit a plateau myself after losing 17-20lbs. I think I need to increase my activity.

tinka

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 02:18:31 PM »

Same thing happened to me.  This diet worked fantastic the first time I did it - easily lost about 22 post-baby pounds.  Once I achieved that first goal I went back to eating normal for awhile.  Then I decided I wanted to lose more weight, but I got no AS.  Gave it some time and tried again, and again, no AS.  I think my body figured something out.  I come back here every once in awhile to see if anyone has any tips I don't know about because I would love nothing more than to get that AS back and lose another 20!

Morex

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »

Same thing happened to me.  This diet worked fantastic the first time I did it - easily lost about 22 post-baby pounds.  Once I achieved that first goal I went back to eating normal for awhile.  Then I decided I wanted to lose more weight, but I got no AS.  Gave it some time and tried again, and again, no AS.  I think my body figured something out.  I come back here every once in awhile to see if anyone has any tips I don't know about because I would love nothing more than to get that AS back and lose another 20!

Hi there! You should give it another shot, but this time see if you can slowly leave grains behind.

My experience has been so good in part to the fact that I quit all addictive food and went paleo.

Who knows, it might also work for you!

bxa67

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:49 PM »

Yeah it seems that the AS has stopped, I have taken Canola oil with holding nose & w/o it seems just stopped work, sad as I lost 10 lbs and gained most of it back, I really would like Seth to write a follow up or updated version of this book & to do more work on us 'hard cases' that this seems to stop working for. Anyway, I still think there is something here, just not sure we have the whole picture for All people :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18