Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Can I take Coconut Oil instead of ELOO or Canola oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I take Coconut Oil instead of ELOO or Canola oil  (Read 6252 times)

bxa67

Can I take Coconut Oil instead of ELOO or Canola oil
« on: October 01, 2013, 12:01:34 PM »

Sounds like COCONUT oil is way healthier than the others & would like to try it instead, is it considered OK for the Flavourless part of AS ?

Rok

Re: Can I take Coconut Oil instead of ELOO or Canola oil
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 01:39:52 AM »

Its my lucky day today, I logged in to post this question actually. I have been consuming canola oil for awhile now. But then I happened to read some alarming reports about Canola oil. So the next possible healthy and time tested (we culturally use coconut oil) option was cocnut oil. But then it has a flavor. Will nose clipping while consuming it work?

~R
---------------------------
Phase-1 Target: 75 Kg
---------------------------

bxa67

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:24:57 PM »

well I guess we both now wait for a reply

woodysworld

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 10:52:44 AM »

absolutely

I've been using coconut oil almost exclusively

It has a super strong flavor, but I just can NOT beat the price of 14.99 (sale price)
for 78 ounces at Costco. Organic, virgin, etc.

Anyway, I scoop out what I want, put it in a coffee mug, add a splash of water,
microwave for 20 seconds, let it cool off, then close my nose like I'm going under
water and shoot it.

Then I mouth breathe for about 2 minutes, have a sip of water, then breathe normally
and the flavor is gone.

Good luck!

Julia

Marianna

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »

i use MCT oil which has all the good medium chain triglycerides that coconut oil has with no flavour at all--

woodysworld

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:32:32 AM »

I use MCT oil sometimes as well, however I've found that sommmmmmetimes the MCT will
create digestive distress and I need to be near a bathroom when it hits!

Not all the time, but sometimes, so I use that when I'm going to be home most of the day..  ;D

Julia

Gelsemium

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 12:37:32 PM »

I was using refined CO almost exclusively until I f*cked up a few weeks ago and drank some flavored hot tea too close after taking a dose of oil. It had been working really well, and my skin looked great.

I bought a gallon tub of Tropical Tradition's expeller-pressed CO for a mere $40 through my co-op, so that should help with the savings! A pint-sized jar runs about $7 at my various local health food stores.
Start date: 8/8/13

bxa67

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

thank you all for your replies, I find that the VIRGIN CO does have flavour, so I am not sure if its good for SA, unless one holds ones nose

Plus when I took the 1st does I got very sick, as I like to take all my Flavorless calories at one time, and since I am needing to lose weight that added up to about 4 TBS of it, and I got sick, I guess it is not uncommon for this to happen.  I might have try spliting up my calories 2 times in a day, but Hate the Idea of having to wait 2 hours btwn each intake which comes out to 4 hours a day, & honestly I think most folks will find this hard to do & then the question becomes does one lose with from the Flavourless calories or from NOT eating for 4 hours each day!!! But, I must say that the SA does work, but still find myself hungry when it wears off.  Anyway my 2 cents

Gelsemium

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 07:24:09 AM »

How about taking it first thing in the morning, and then right at bedtime? If you take it first thing in the morning, you only have to wait an hour to eat something. Also if you follow it with a bit of sugar or fructose in some water and swish it around in your mouth, that helps eliminate any flavours and that oily sensation.

The refined CO gave me such great AS I had to be careful not to take too many calories of it, because I'd eat too little and get dizzy and light-headed.
Start date: 8/8/13

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18