Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Fish or Cod Liver Oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fish or Cod Liver Oil  (Read 2932 times)

brendam

Fish or Cod Liver Oil
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »

I am about to start this and I want to get my oils right from the start as it seems that switching oils can slow results. I've done a search and have found people mixing fish oils with olive oil but has anyone done fish oil on it's own in liquid form and if so what were your results?  I'm just thinking of the huge benefits in taking fish or cod liver oils. Do you think the strong taste even with nose clipping might make it unsuitable for SLD? I know they have non-fishy tasting ones now but I'm sure they just pump it with citrus oils which again would give a strong flavour. Otherwise my oil of choice will be MCT, just because I have a large bottle of it at home.

geeky_girl

Re: Fish or Cod Liver Oil
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »

Hi brendam--

Just wondering if you ever started SLD with fish oil and how it went.  I'm re-starting SLD myself and was considering swapping canola oil for fish oil.  I'd be interested to hear of your results.

Pigwig

Re: Fish or Cod Liver Oil
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »

I accidentally stumbled onto SLD after taking a large number (15) of fish oil softgels per day to reduce my LDL, triglycerides, and cholesterol. It worked very well AND I lost about 20 pounds, maybe a little more. When I went looking for information on why it worked, I found SLD.

I'm also looking for spoonable fish oils and blends. I went looking on Amazon just an hour ago and they carry several brands, including Nordic Naturals. The prices tend to be around $30 for half a liter or 16.9 fl.oz., which is about 30 tablespoons. I'd personally mix that with canola oil, walnut oil, and/or coconut oil -- actually, that's just what I plan to do. A buck a day for something that improves my health that much is not a tough expense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18