Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Back on SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back on SLD  (Read 4015 times)

Leftblank

Back on SLD
« on: September 15, 2013, 09:33:46 AM »

I am back on the system. I was an early experimenter and was even quoted in Seth's book.

I did the diet for nearly 1.5 years and dropped from about 227 lbs to 204 lbs using sugar water and ELOO. This was a year or so after the book.

I stopped because of schedule changes, unrelated medical issues and a lot of travel. And frankly I was bored by the diet and wanted to see if 204, my plateau then, would hold as a new set point. I missed the enjoyment of food and the oil was sometimes unpleasant, messy and inconvenient at work or traveling. Techniques like nose clipping and crazy spicing seemed ridiculous. And part of me worried it was unhealthy to eat so little.

The small portions habit stuck for a few years and I continued to have great self control learned on the diet. I was able to observe the return of cravings for certain high density foods.

Eventually my weight crept back up despite regular exercise and healthy diet plus calorie counting.

Ten weeks ago I was at 224 lbs. A couple of pounds had returned each year.

So I gave it another go. And I have dropped down to 214 with the usual daily fluctuations of a pound or so. I forgot how amazing this was. I have to remember to eat meals. My clothes are baggy.

I am aiming for under 200 this time.

I have learned a few things about my personal schedule, what I might have done wrong.

My kit:

- Two shot glasses with calibrations showing tablespoons.

-  Giant bottle of ELOO

-  A medical nose clip used to stop nosebleeds (comfortable but large and obvious)

-  A swimming nose clip (discreet but less comfortable)

-  Giant box of sugar packets.

My system:

I wake up and drink 5 tbsp of oil, one at a time with a shot glass, alternating with a shot of water.
If I try to take more in each shot I gag. This way is pleasant.

I wear a nose clip for next hour while getting ready for work, showering, checking email etc.

Then coffee and a tiny breakfast. Something with bran. For obvious reasons.

I only use sugar in emergencies involving work or travel, when I don't want to carry oil around and I can't arrange for this lengthy morning ritual (my kid was younger the last time and this was impossible so I was forever timing afternoon doses in complicated ways.)

I do think sugar is less effective for me. I will also use it if I am sick and oil doesn't agree that day.

I take less oil if I think I might eat out socially.

This is a lot more oil than I used to take (3-4 tbsp) and had been much more effective than the first time.

I do get the desire to just chew something. I think I will lay in celery and carrot sticks.

I will soon reach the point where people are commenting and I have to buy new clothes.

I still think the diet strikes people as strange, and I am not sure I will play the evangelist thus time.

Gelsemium

Re: Back on SLD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »

Welcome back Leftblank! I like your new system and hope it's successful.

Start date: 8/8/13

Leftblank

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

Just checking in. I had a cold recently, which caused some interesting questions. This might be a little gross...

When I took the oil in the morning, I worried that the taste of phlegm running down the back of my throat would harm my AS. And it was extra uncomfortable to wear the nose clip. I did find this one -- designed to stop nose bleeds -- was interesting to wear with a cold.

I do wonder if people lose weight during a cold because of a sort of noseclip effect.

Anyway, still at it, now down to 211. I was worried I had hit a plateau at 214, but it's steady. I am drinking about 600 cals of extra light tasting olive oil. I've added a vegan multivitamin and some other supplements to my diet, and upped my intake of bran.

Leftblank

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 01:39:20 PM »

Have had some great success thought hit a plateau at 209.5 or so. Been feeling hungrier than usual at night, as well. Increased my physical activity so that might be the reason. All in all, though, the diet continues to be uncanny, as if the laws of nature have been overturned. People have noticed, and when I do confess how I managed the weight loss, they can't really believe it. They probably expect me to end up in the hospital.

babyhopes

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 03:10:25 AM »

hopefully, you will cross your plateau soon. but yes, people laugh at me when I am telling them what I am doing, how can you lose weight eating Butter they say, not to mention that I add confection sugar to it lol So yeah, I am losing by eating cake frosting lol

Leftblank

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »

Definitely in some kind of plateau this November, drifting between 207 and 209. It doesn't help that the holiday stuffing period approaches, plus winter, when the cold deters long walks. I will be happy to stay even through this time and see what happens. It is a little mysterious as I have not really increased calories nor reduce activity all that much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18