Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Will the third time be the charm?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will the third time be the charm?  (Read 9983 times)

Gelsemium

Re: Will the third time be the charm?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »

By some miracle my doctor figured out a way to get my insurance to pay for the 4x/day salivary cortisol test through Lab Corp. Unfortunately LC doesn't keep the vials and whatnot on hand and had to special order them, but I should be able to pick them up by the end of the week. I wouldn't be surprised if I have cortisol problems due to how hard it is for me to lose any inches off my midsection.

I know this is "bad" but I'm forcing myself to eat more often and even eat sweets sometimes, because now I can really feel my blood sugar dropping. I'm pretty sure this is what is causing my blurred vision.

Start date: 8/8/13

bohemclarinetti

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2013, 12:42:41 PM »

Wow, it's crazy we have so much in common here! I also did a LC diet for a while, and it worked, but I couldn't stay on it. I love using coconut oil, it gives me that full nauseated feeling as well. I'd love to see the 100's again, it's been about a year and a half since I was 196 (before I got pregnant), and I felt so much better then. Congrats on getting that BP down!

babyhopes

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2013, 04:09:51 AM »

Thats so cool that you could fit into your clothes better. Its exciting to change shape. I am almost into my sport pants. I am using them as a milestone since that was the size I stayed at for a long time. the fact that they go on at all is amazing. I started at 231 lbs and was 219 on sunday. I weighed 220 again today but I think it was excess salt from yesterday plus i notice my weigh goes up when I exercise (I am hoping it means I am building muscles). in any case, I wish you a great day!!

Sareena

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 09:52:34 AM »

Gelsemium- it's interesting that you say you feel you blood sugar dropping. I feel the same thing pretty often. The AS is not that I'm not hungry, just that it's not so urgent and I don't get that old headache when I don't eat. I wonder if that will change as the set point goes down. Maybe we won't get as hungry because we'll need less food as weight is lost and set point goes down. Hope so!

Gelsemium

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2013, 08:28:24 PM »

Using Morex's example for inspiration, I'm going to try to take a picture at the beginning of every month wearing the same clothes. Here's today's:

bohemclarinetti

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 07:49:28 AM »

Good idea, I think I will do the same. Btw, I'm jealous! I wish I looked that good at that weight!

Gelsemium

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »

Now that it's cooler, it's taking more thought and planning to take melted coconut oil. I've forgotten to take doses quite a few times since I last posted. Yet my weight has remained pretty stable.

Despite my success with the SLD I think I'm going to completely stop taking the oils for a while.

I got the latest lab results back from my doctor, and they were NOT good. I still have extremely low iron, thyroid hormones, and my cortisol levels are low throughout the day.

My doctor recommended that I make an effort to eat three meals a day to help my adrenals, and I can barely eat two. If I start gaining a lot of weight again, I'll just start taking 200 or so calories of the oil.

However, I'm now taking small physiological doses of hydrocortisone, so theoretically I should be able to raise my thyroid medication once my cortisol levels are optimal (and my iron, which I'm working on) and that should help me lose weight. I wouldn't be surprised if most of my problems are due to my thyroid.

Gelsemium

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 11:03:20 AM »

It took over two weeks to get hungry in the morning after I stopped taking the oils; so I think the SLD's AS lasts a long time for me. And I think if it weren't for the holidays and being around yummy food more frequently than other times of the year, the morning AS may have lasted longer.

However, my cravings for sweets increased right after stopping the oils. I'm eating more sugar but my measurements haven't changed.

1 1/2 weeks ago I started to get more vigilant about taking an iron supplement (100~125 mg of Iron Bisglycinate taken with vitamin C apart from meals). It really helped me feel more energetic and less hypothyroid. A few days ago I ran out and was too busy to buy some more. Within 24 hours some of my hypo symptoms increased almost immediately so I went out and got some more.

Hope everyone is having a great winter holiday! :-)

EuGenius

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2013, 02:07:00 AM »

It took over two weeks to get hungry in the morning after I stopped taking the oils; so I think the SLD's AS lasts a long time for me. And I think if it weren't for the holidays and being around yummy food more frequently than other times of the year, the morning AS may have lasted longer.

However, my cravings for sweets increased right after stopping the oils. I'm eating more sugar but my measurements haven't changed.

1 1/2 weeks ago I started to get more vigilant about taking an iron supplement (100~125 mg of Iron Bisglycinate taken with vitamin C apart from meals). It really helped me feel more energetic and less hypothyroid. A few days ago I ran out and was too busy to buy some more. Within 24 hours some of my hypo symptoms increased almost immediately so I went out and got some more.

Hope everyone is having a great winter holiday! :-)

Gelsemium - The same things seem to happen to me, too - with the cravings for sweets, I mean (mostly for chocolate). What's got me intrigued, though, is that none of the foods I used to think of as 'pleasurable' appeal to me any more.

I was diagnosed with high levels of cortisol five years ago, and I found that traditional treatment doesn't help. I'm seeing a [good] homeopath instead, and somehow restlessness and waking up too early show improvement already. 

I'm finding these exercises unbelievably effective for internal organ massage (a bit difficult to understand the English spoken throughout, but wonderfully satisfactory for an IBS sufferer like me):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vtu0o2O9X8

I hope it helps.
Winter holidays-wise: good, but sweets beckoning on every corner :D

Gelsemium

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »

Thank you for your kind words EuGenius.

I've been meaning to write an update, but instead came here tonight because of the tragic news of Seth's passing.

Although it seems shallow to write about, I'm sure Seth would want us to continue sharing our ideas and experiences.

So I want to let you guys know that I was able to maintain my weight loss for a couple of months after I stopped. However, I started feeling really energetic and healthy in late February and started exercising using a stationary bicycle.

Unfortunately I got hooked on this exercise and started going for 50~60 minutes at a time every day. It screwed up my new-found cortisol balance, and also increased my appetite by a LOT. :( So I started gaining again. I haven't gained everything back, so that's good.

I tried the SLD again, but found that even the idea of the oils makes me feel nauseous.

I started having trouble with the hydrocortisone, probably because of the exercise. My sex hormone tests reveal that I'm low in them on top of everything else, so my doctor prescribed bio-identical estradiol and progesterone cream. I don't know what this will do with my weight; hopefully it will help.

Gelsemium

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 05:56:09 PM »

I'm back on the SLD after I unintentionally lost a lot of weight following a bout with horrible stomach problems.

There was a short window of time where I could eat again but not too much and I felt light yet healthy. Now that I'm back to being able to eat anything again, I want to do the SLD to make sure I don't balloon up.

This time around I decided to try Trader Joe's organic powder sugar and water since I bought a lot in anticipation of baking holiday treats. I started off with around 200 calories and appetite suppression was immediate. But then it wore off, probably because it wasn't enough calories.

I know that taking oil would be healthier, but I just cannot even entertain the idea anymore. It makes me feel nauseous.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18