Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Looking for suggestions please!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for suggestions please!  (Read 20537 times)

emmy

Looking for suggestions please!
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:07:13 PM »

I have taken a look around here, and decided I should just ask for help. I have read Seth's book, but still have some questions. I have been on the diet for a few weeks now. No weight loss but I do have pretty good AS with sugar water ( 4TBS) per day. I also take 1 1/2 -2 TBS oil in milk with my nose clipped at night. I eat only homemade foods, so fast food isn't a problem. I have been watching my calories and eating 1200 for a few months before this diet and have not lost any weight either. I am eating about 1000-1200 calories per day including my sugar water and oil milk. My current weight is 160 pounds. I am 26 and 5'2. I would like to get down to 135. I do have a large frame and just a bit of muscle. Any suggestions would be great. I try to stay away from ditto foods ( chocolate chip cookies I could eat a dozen!) I tried nose clipping everything I ate for about a week, but didn't see any AS or weight loss. No weight gain from any of this either so that is good! Any suggestions would be great as to what I should change. My oil is EVOO, but I nose clip it, which I believe I read to be okay?

woodysworld

Re: Looking for suggestions please!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 08:46:51 AM »

Hi Emmy,

Have you noticed any of your clothes getting looser at all?

Any differences to suggest that you're losing something but it's just not
showing on the scale yet?

Are you exercising at all? Even just walking a fair amount gets everything moving.

If you are, and still nothing is moving at 1000 to 1200 cals per day, I'd suggest a full blood
panel be done by your dr.

You're not very tall (I'm only 1 inch taller than you are) but 1K to 1200 cals a day should
be low enough to see SOMETHING! Unless you're not counting the oil and sugar water calories
in your totals.

Hmmmm.

It's ponderous definitely!

Julie

emmy

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 08:44:02 PM »

Thanks Woodsworld for responding. I took a few measurements yesterday and I lost 1" around my chest, but other than that nothing on the scale or anywhere else. I am up and about the house most of the day, so I am moving. Dishes, gardening, feeding chickens, cats, and dogs, etc. I have had blood work done by my doctor a couple years ago and I am in perfect health ( except I was overweight at the time). Some background info in 2011 I was 215-220 ( wayyyy too much for my height). Through diet and slight exercise I have lost 55 pounds. So I am in much better health, but I need these last 25 pounds to go so I am not overweight any longer. I am including the oil and sugar water calories in my daily totals. I have been at quite the pleatu since I hit 160. I thought about adding Jillian michaels 30 day shred and doing that as well. But I know that once I start working out, it is something I will have to maintain the exercise forever or gain everything back. When I was working and burning about 800 calories a day, I was having a hard time loosing even a pound a week, and that is with a moderate diet. I am afraid to eat more calories because I don't want to gain. I saw 159 on the scale once, but that was about a week ago now  :(

woodysworld

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »

Yeah, Jillian Michaels would be a little extreme to start off with.

What I would do, is start walking for a dedicated half hour a day and see
where that gets you.

That would be easy enough to keep up with for life.

If it helps, and you see your weight going down, stick with it until you have to
up it to 45 minutes a day.

Always start of with the LEAST amount of exercise you can get away with so you're
not overdoing it at first.

This is the way to go, and then add from there.

If you're able, get yourself a FitBit! It's a GREAT motivator!! I LOVE MINE... and we could be FitBit
friends and I could chastise you into walking even morrrrre. Hahahaha!

Julie

emmy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 07:57:42 PM »

I have read a few articles that said walking 3 times a day for 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes all together is better because it cranks up the metabolism 3 times as much, do you think there is any truth to that? When I originally lost the 55 pounds, I was walking a few miles every day. If I was to walk for 30 minutes I think I could get in about 3 miles at least. I think I read somewhere we should strive for 10,000 steps a day to maintain our weight. I do have a pedometer, time to get it back out and start using it again. I have never heard of the fitbit, I will look into it! Thanks for your suggestions!

samlacon

• Ventouse Minceur
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:17:08 PM »

I have read a few articles that said walking 3 times a day for 10 minutes instead of 30 minutes all together is better because it cranks up the metabolism 3 times as much, do you think there is any truth to that? When I originally lost the 55 pounds, I was walking a few miles every day. If I was to walk for 30 minutes I think I could get in about 3 miles at least. I think I read somewhere we should strive for 10,000 steps a day to maintain our weight. I do have a pedometer, time to get it back out and start using it again. I have never heard of the fitbit, I will look into it! Thanks for your suggestions!

I totally agree with emmy that walking three times a day in different time interval helps a person to lose weight and helps to keep a fit body. The better option is walking after eating lunch and dinner as it helps to digest the food we have eaten.

additional hints
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:50:42 PM by samlacon »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18