Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I'm done!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm done!  (Read 25370 times)

Morex

I'm done!
« on: May 30, 2013, 03:31:51 PM »

After 5 months and about 35 kilos (75 lbs) lost, I can say I got where I wanted to get.

All my life I had been the fat guy. I was that kid in school that couldn't run or go out and play because I was too heavy. You know how that is.

My teenage years and all my adult life I had been the fat guy. Until today.

I tried every kind of diet to my knowledge. I exercise since I have memory. But I never could lose enough weight or maintain the little weight loss I could achieve.

Until I read Freakonomics, which led me to research about Seth and SLD, which led  me to these forums and to reading the book.

So last January, after reading a little about how SLD works, I decided to give it a go.

And little I knew I was about to begin a path that would change me and cure my obesity.

If you have been reading my little journal here, http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=8367.0 you'd know I am all against scales. But this time I decided to check myself on one and I am happy to report that I am 90 kilos. That's right. I was 125 kilos when I started.

I wore pants size 44 and my original goal was to get to 38. I am 34 now!! :) :) :)

I wore XXL and some XXXL t-shirts (just to be comfortable). Now I am medium size!!!

Hell, I can see my ribs and feel the bones in the back of my neck! And to think I always believed I was an invertebrate! LOL

This is the thinner I've been in my adult life, since I was 17.

So what's next? Tomorrow I'll begin maintenance phase and instead of 4 tbsps of canola, I'll lower down to only 2. I'll stick there for a month and see how it goes.

My prediction is that I'll keep on losing a little more weight since I'm training for a full marathon and cross training with yoga. Since I'm exercising and building muscle up, I think I'll gain weight but maybe lose another pants size. Who knows.

I want to take a couple of pictures but those will have to wait until I have the money to get me some new clothes of my new size. Will post them here when they're ready. Sorry.

Finally, I want to thank Seth with all my heart. Thanks to you sir, I could achieve what only though it was a dream.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

And thanks to all the people who have posted on these forums. Your collective knowledge was key to my transformation.

Finally, I am not saying goodbye. I'll keep on posting my weekly updates for the time being, since I need to keep track of my experiments in maintenance phase.

Until my next update... keep the oil and sugar water flowing!

bigbaddar

Re: I'm done!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

A well deserved Congratulations !!!

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

gte

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »

Great job, Morex!

Your story gives me hope and keeps me going.

Morex

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:53:17 AM »

Thanks guys!

Morex

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »

Aaaaand here's the final before-after foto.

The before was taken in summer 2011. The after photo was taken yesterday, June 26th 2013.

Rok

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 12:24:54 AM »

Good job!
Now for the 6-pack may be?

~R
---------------------------
Phase-1 Target: 75 Kg
---------------------------

Morex

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »

Thanks!

Yes, I'm slowly working towards that thanks to running and yoga. Will report soon on my page.

Cheers!

Kjol

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »

Wow! That's a great result!
I decided to read some 'I made it-stories' to get motivated. Your story is amazing! Well done!

bxa67

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »

great congrats, did it take you 5 months to lose 75lbs, just to confirm (as an encouragement to me & others that is),

am I right you were also running/exercise?

Thank you

Morex

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »

great congrats, did it take you 5 months to lose 75lbs, just to confirm (as an encouragement to me & others that is),

am I right you were also running/exercise?

Thank you

Hi!

Yes, it took me around 5/6 months to lose 75 lbs. And yes, I was already running.

As a matter of fact I had been running for a couple of years before discovering SLD. I managed to lose a little weight, but it was until SLD when I started to really lose pounds off.

Thanks to SLD I fixed my relationship with food and was able to quit crap food.

Oilman

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »

Thanks for your posts, Morex.  Very inspiring.

kgotis2

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 12:59:45 PM »

Hi Morex! Your story is so incredibly inspiring - I've read it several times.  I've been on the four tablespoons of canola oil for about a week, and although I've noticed a little bit of appetite suppression, it hasn't been anything fantastic.  Did you say that it was a full month before you got the strong appetite suppression?

Morex

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »

Hi Morex! Your story is so incredibly inspiring - I've read it several times.  I've been on the four tablespoons of canola oil for about a week, and although I've noticed a little bit of appetite suppression, it hasn't been anything fantastic.  Did you say that it was a full month before you got the strong appetite suppression?

Hi!

Yes, the real AS came after the first month. I had mild AS since the very beginning and my portions became smaller little by little.

Remember to be VERY patient and don't obsess with the scale. Just have the oil and go about your business.

If you have questions I'll be glad to be of help.

Good luck on your journey  :D

kgotis2

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 07:45:30 PM »

Hi!

Yes, the real AS came after the first month. I had mild AS since the very beginning and my portions became smaller little by little.

Remember to be VERY patient and don't obsess with the scale. Just have the oil and go about your business.

Thank you for replying!  :) I'm an emotional eater and I'm hoping that taking the oil will make me not want to eat as much, even when I'm not hungry - Did it do this for you? I'm taking the oil diligently still and it doesn't seem to be doing much yet but I have faith that it will!! During the day I sometimes think I feel some appetite suppression, but at night the cravings and hunger come back.

Morex

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 01:40:13 PM »

Hi!

Thank you for replying!  :) I'm an emotional eater and I'm hoping that taking the oil will make me not want to eat as much, even when I'm not hungry - Did it do this for you? I'm taking the oil diligently still and it doesn't seem to be doing much yet but I have faith that it will!! During the day I sometimes think I feel some appetite suppression, but at night the cravings and hunger come back.

Hi there!

Yes, as soon as AS kicked in hard (a little more than a month after I began), emotional eating started to go away.

Now it's completely gone!

If you take my advise, try to move slowly towards healthier foods. Have more fruit if you have a sweet tooth. Or have some stove top pop corn with just a little oil or butter.

Natural food will destroy addiction for processed crap and AS will be epic.

Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18