Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The New BMI Calculator

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New BMI Calculator  (Read 4183 times)

lemur2

The New BMI Calculator
« on: April 30, 2013, 12:40:49 PM »

This was revealed early this year in January.  Researchers say the old formula for calculating BMI was incorrect, causing short people to think they are thinner than they are and making tall people fatter:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9816596/Interactive-calculator-do-you-win-or-lose-with-the-new-BMI.html 

The new calculator adds about 1 pt to your BMI if you are short and takes a pt away if you are tall:
http://people.maths.ox.ac.uk/trefethen/bmi_calc.html

What does everyone think about this?  Do you think this is an accurate method of judging your weight-loss goals?

EnglishRose

Re: The New BMI Calculator
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »

On the whole BMI works pretty well for most men and women of average height. A lot of overweight people like to criticise it but that is only because they have the extra weight and do not like what BMI shows them.

The new BMI tables I think reduce the heaviest BMI I can be without being over weight from 10 and a half stone (147 pounds) to 7 pounds less than that and I suspect that is probably accurate.

Morex

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 02:00:26 PM »

I had no idea about this, but I like it!

Thanks!

skinnycute

• Do you want to have a firming, tightening.
    • It Works Wrap | Firming Body Wrap
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 11:23:40 PM »

Thanks for the information. Now I know it.
wraps
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18