Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
back again for the upteenth time lol

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: back again for the upteenth time lol  (Read 10272 times)

babyhopes

back again for the upteenth time lol
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:00:36 AM »

Hello everyone,
I have been back and forth since 2009 but I hope to stick to  it this time. Last time I weighed I was at my highest weight ever of 244 lbs., not sure what I weigh now thats it has been almost a month back on SLD. I will post my weight when I get it done again.

I have been drinking 2 tbls. butter in the morning with my NCd coffee and or milk, eating a regular lunch and NCd olive oil at around 5:30pm and just fruit and/or salad at night

Today I decided to try alarm SLD again and took 2 tbls. of olive oil at around 6am and then at 10am, I NCd a cup of milk, coffee and 2 small spoons of butter (I really like the anti-depressant effects of butter so I am making it part of my breakfast every day). I will eat lunch some time after noon and then I will walk on the treadmill for an hour around 4ish and drink OO NCd at 5:30, followed by just an apple at night with some salad if i can find some.

I am hoping to NC more meals and I love crazy spicing, so I am trying to collect more spices to do that when I eat unclipped, this works really well for me. I am on lots of medications so I dont always have strong AS, but I am definately eating less, part of that is good old fashioned will power :)---I hope my AS will increase by time. I have noticed if I drink the NCd olive oil straight and then drink water my AS is better as opposed to having it mixed in water with sugar which I used to do. Of course, that could be my imagination too.

I look forward to this journey of health, wish me luck as I no longer have any courage to do any other kind of diet at this time.

shovelqueen

Re: back again for the upteenth time lol
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:21:25 AM »

Good luck, Babyhopes!  I, too, am back again and again, as it really does work when you do it right.  Your diet pattern sounds great - how wonderful that you can eat only fruit and salad at night. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

babyhopes

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 05:19:50 AM »

Thanks Shovelqueen, Good to see you here again. We both know it works and it's time to do it right. I am limiting myself at night because I tend to overeat in general. I wish you great luck this time around too.

babyhopes

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 02:31:41 AM »

I am trying to make sure I walk at least an hour a day on the treadmill. Didn't get to do it yesterday and I could really feel it. But, i am happy that I found canola oil here. Will be trying that soon.

babyhopes

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »

well, now that I found and bought Canola oil, I started using this morning, I will be doing 4 tbls a day and my morning platinum calories (ie. coconut milk in coffee). I still noseclip everything in the morning and eat my lunch unclipped, oil at night and 1 hour walking on the treadmill. I cant wait to weigh myself and see if I am making any progress, although those around me say I look smaller, I hope i am.

Morex

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 04:14:45 AM »

I cant wait to weigh myself and see if I am making any progress, although those around me say I look smaller, I hope i am.

Hope you don't mind a little Zen advise (I'm a Zen Buddhist): drop your expectations. The more you expect, the more you'll get crushed when results don't meet your hopes and imagination.

Just do SLD one day at a time. Take your oil daily and be patient. And go about your life.

Trust me and hundreds of others: it works.

babyhopes

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 06:16:35 AM »

Thank you Morex, that is good advice. I really do worry too much and Zen is a good approach to living. I will let it be as the old Beatles song goes.

babyhopes

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 08:00:26 AM »

Well I am doing better with the canola oil, but as Morex said,  I am trying to drop the expectations and just wait for the results to come in. I dont have super AS, but doing the coffee with coconut milk is adding to it. I decided not to use the treadmill today but I have been doing my EFT (emotional freedom technique) tapping videos which help me alot. Here is a link to a metabolism video in case any of you are interested in what I am doing to help myself relax and flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hT0PltNh4w

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »

That's fascinating about the anti-depressant effects of the butter. I noticed something like that. The very first time I ate a lot of butter -- at lunch one day because I couldn't get the pork fat I usually eat -- a few hours later I felt a pleasant warm feeling in my head. It must have been the butter because that was the only unusual thing I had eaten.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »

when I google "butter antidepressant" the first result is my blog. LOL. I had forgotten about it.

http://blog.sethroberts.net/2010/05/22/butter-new-antidepressant/

babyhopes

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »

Yes I remember you suggesting that Butter had that effect and so I tried it a couple years ago and I am back to it again since I often suffer from depression. The last couple of days I have been putting butter on my toast instead of drinking it in the morning like I was. I am going to check out your link here now, thanks again Seth for all your research and self experimentation. I always feel a sense of calm after butter. I never used to like it but it is very pleasant now.

babyhopes

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »

I have to wait till next week to weigh myself when I will get my loaned out scale back but I am feeling better in general. The last two nights I have been listening to evening visualization of the Gabriel method and it is working wonders. Also, just as a side note, I read recently in Seth's blog about looking at faces in the morning to make you feel better and I think its true. I have been looking at my EFT videos and the guy (Brad Yates) smiles a lot in his videos so I copy along and my mood is improved.

I am doing well with the canola oil, still at 2 tbls. in the morning and 2 tbls. at night. Didn't do any walking yesterday but will today.

For breakfast, I had a cup of coffee, a cup of warm milk and two pieces of toast with butter.
I will drink the oil soon and then have a light to medium lunch.
exercise for an hour
then, oil again.
and only fruit and or salad for dinner (last night ate some chicken too, oops  :( ), better luck today hopefully.

babyhopes

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 04:18:05 AM »

I just remembered something. An herbalist once told me for AS to save the coffee grounds when you make coffee and add them to a big cup or bottle of cold water and drink between meals. I tried it many times and only had a little AS from that but it might work for some of you better than it did for me in case you want to try it for yourself.

babyhopes

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 02:55:03 AM »

I am doing good with mixing SW and canola oil, once a day with SW and twice with the oil. AS is still medium so i am waiting for that to kick in. Will be travelling for couple of days and not able to take the oil, will have to use SW mostly. Hopefully, i will try Eat Stop Eat next week and see how that goes.

babyhopes

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 09:37:26 AM »

Finally got to a scale and it was 236 lbs. down from 244-245 that I was when i started back so i am excited especially since i couldnt drink the oil for two days, back on today though yahoo!! I hope i get some of Morex's AS, then i will be on a roll :)

More tomorrow

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18