Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New to Forum / No weight loss so far..

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to Forum / No weight loss so far..  (Read 6198 times)

ebyd82

New to Forum / No weight loss so far..
« on: January 23, 2013, 05:20:19 PM »

Hi everyone,

Im new to the forums, thought i'd ask for some advice as i'am not having much success with weight loss on the sld so far..
It has only been 1 week, but weighing myself today, i'am much the same, if not slightly more. I am taking 2tbs eloo in the morning and again before bed, have stuck to the no flavour rule to a T (not brushing my teeth even, etc). The AS was almost immediate when i started, i'am eating a lot less than before and barely feeling hungry or having any cravings. This is a big deal for me, as i'm a big snacker/picker & have a lot of cravings for sweets. So this has been great - but just no weight loss. I know its only been a short amount of time, but if my appetite is significantly decreased and therefore am eating a lot less, shouldnt it be working?? Im reluctant to continue with the fear of gaining more weight and be back at square one again. Could it be that perhaps the weight loss side of things doesnt work for everyone?

Some general stats - I'm 30yo female  - weight 84kg (185lb), 5ft 8"  - I have a fairly physical job and run around after 2 kids, so have no time for the gym at the moment.

Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated!
Thanks.

gte

Re: New to Forum / No weight loss so far..
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:33:41 AM »

I can't suggest anything nor do Ι have any guesses why reduced food doesn't
result in a weight loss. If it makes you feel better though - I'm experiencing
the same. I eat probably half of what I used to eat and still maintain my
weight. And with the holidays at the end of the year the food was out of
control so I even gained. I got so frustrated with it that I started skipping
food for a day, which brings weight loss, but I never heard anyone recommend
such an approach.

Shimpay

• Cleanse Liver and Blood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 07:32:07 AM »

I am also experiencing the same thing and I keep asking myself that question too! Maybe I still need to exert more effort and self-discipline to resist the temptation of eating unhealthy foods. Plus I need to be more physically active too.
A healthy outside starts from the inside.--Robert Urich

Trtls88

• I hope this works...I really want to stick to it!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 06:00:38 PM »

Hmm same here. I am 4'11, small framed and weigh 128, I was 131 a few weeks ago but followed a liquid fast and managed to drop 3lbs before beginning sld. The liquid fast was horrible, sickening and I was literally starving. At first I tried dividing the oil up into three servings, between breakfast and lunch, between lunch and dinner, and after dinner. I tried that for a week and it seemed to turn my stomach, did it for a full week, although I noticed I eat less...I remained at 128. Then I tried taking the oil in one serving mid afternoon for a full week, again, same lessened eating pattern and I remain at 128. Last week I begun taking the oil mid mornings, again same lessened eating and remain at 128. I had been taking 3 tablespoons, but read more and saw that I should be taking double my weight number in calories of oil so I have reduced to slightly more than two tablespoons per day. This is the beginning of my fourth week and I am more than halfway through the bottle of oil. I was not able to find extra light olive oil and was not sure what else to try so I grabbed grapeseed oil, not too bad price...5.99 for one liter compared to olive oil being more like 9.99 per liter. Open to suggestions.
Turtles! Turtles! Rah! Rah! Rah!

HopelessDreamer

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 06:02:22 AM »

I have been doing the oil shots, usually 2 T./day , since Jan. 9. My weight went up and down about 1 lb. then settled back at 155.6.  I am 5'6", almost 50 y.o. female.  For the last 2 weeks, my weight has been exactly the same. 155.6, with no fluctuation at all. Of course, it means I am not losing weight either. I have been eating less, and getting truly full. That alone is wonderful, and I plan on continuing with the oil. Just weird that I too have not lost weight, and my weight doesnt even move at all.

woodysworld

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:12 AM »

Are any of you guys tracking calories?

I mean like for reals plugging it into cronometer or any other
kinda calorie tracking website?

I know you say that you're eating less, and I believe you! But maybe it's just
not less "enough".

Are you counting the oil shots in your totals?

I've found that the oil itself is not magic, but the appetite suppression is.

However, if you're downing enough oil to make your appetite suppressed, but
that is adding up to a negative deficit, then you have a catch 22 right there.

If you all aren't tracking, even if you hate it, just do it for a week and see where
everything falls.

I know that even WITH the oil, I need to keep my calories around 1300 a day.

I just find it easier to DO that WITH the oil than without, but I still count the oil
in my totals.

Okie doke, not sure if any of that helps, and I hope I don't come across as
bitchy, knowitall or condescending, cuz I'm not trying to be at all. Just tryin'
to help!

Julie

HopelessDreamer

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 05:10:07 PM »

I have been tracking calories on fitday for the entire time I've been on the oil. I have also tracked cals. previously, so I have a comparison - I am eating about 2000 cals, including oil. I was eating 2500 or more before. I do have appetite suppression, but not a complete loss of appetite. So yeah, you'd think that 500 or more fewer cals. per day would matter - according to Conventional Wisdom, I should be shedding a pound a week! And FWIW, I dont think there is any way I could cut back to 1300 cals.per day for more than 1 day.

Goldie

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 06:21:39 AM »

I am experiencing way less hunger, so I eliminated 90% of all snacking twice or three times a day. Eventually I think that will pay of.  In the bigger way it will pay off is that I am diabetic and am trying to drop those numbers.  I expect that eating 5-6 meals -- three being breakfast lunch and dinner and 2 - 3 oils is great for my blood sugar.

I have basically not lost maybe (2) pounds, BUT i did, Yet I did not gain any!!!

That alone is great.  In a month time I now seem to be able to have reasonable bathroom visits.. A big plus!!

I am looking to lose 1 pound a month, 12 pounds a year, 36 pounds as my goal..

If it takes that long so be it.  I am NO longer hungry all day! I feel great!  I am grateful!

If that where the only thing .. even without weight loss I would be thrilled!!!1 any weight loss is a plus..

I am  not giving up on dropping weight..

... I have been disappointed so many times, I take this oil thing any day as a great step forward..

...I am new here.. have  no idea how to make my own page.. the instructions are not helpful as I am computer illiterate. will ask my IT..

I wonder if taking in more oil is better... the full table spoon instead of (my) teaspoon, could that help in the weight loss ...  just asking.  Goldie

Morex

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:55 AM »

Hi Goldie!

That's the right attitude! Just be patient and don't give up. SLD is a great way of life. Just be sure you are taking enough oil.

I had a lot of weight to lose, so I am taking 4 tablespoons of canola oil. I have been doing pretty good, I think.

Being not hungry anymore is a life saver. Your life will change from no on :)

Hang in there!

Goldie

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 05:29:12 AM »

Here is the info from the book:   About one-fifth of those who post on the SLD forums use sugar water as part of their weight-loss regime. I find the side effects of oil so positive that I rarely drink unflavored sugar water anymore. If I want to lose weight, I drink more oil.

Roberts, Seth (2007-04-24). The Shangri-La Diet: The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan (pp. 93-94). Perigee Trade. Kindle Edition.

I guess I would do better with a tablespoon at times instead of the teaspoon..  I am happy to try it.. Every day sonce about 5-6 weeks I have hardley thought about food except for the two snack-oil- and the 3 meal times. ! !

I have been following the Eat Right 4 Your Type foods for over 15 years, and have repaired many issues.  I would not be able to stray far, since it is working to heal my body.  Combined I am even improving with both suggesting that I take in more oil.. NOW I am finally doing it.

I am thrilled that this -The No Hunger Eat Anything Weight-Loss Plan - does not tell anyone to change eating certain foods, it leaves all of that on the side of the road, to our own habits, needs and likes.  Nice  bejond words!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18