Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Morex's adventures in SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 55637 times)

Morex

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »

Week 19

Another regular week in SLD.

All is good and still losing weight. I'll report next week when I get a hold of a scale.

In the meantime I am happy to report that size 34 is starting to fit. I was 46 when I started... so you can imagine how happy I am.

To think my original goal was 38.

So, I will cut my update short since everything is going fine and very similar to last week.

Next Thursday I'll enter the maintenance phase!

It feels good :)

Morex

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »

Month 5... I'm DONE!!

Hey guys! I'm happy to report I am done losing weight!

I just posted on the I made it! forum. Check it out http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=8448.0

Just an interesting thing going on here at home. We are about to go Paleo. This is because my girlfriend suffers of colitis and Paleo is the way to go. We are still researching and reading books. I'll let you know how it goes.

Like I said there, this is not my last post. Far from it.

So I'll see you here next week :)

Morex

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »

Week 21 - Maintenance

Well, today is the first week of the maintenance phase or week 21 of the overall process.

Things are awesome. I lowered down my oil to only 2 tablespoons per day and AS is still super strong. As if I was still taking 4 tbsps.

I haven't experienced and increase of cravings or hunger.

Like I suspected, I am still losing weight. Muscles are starting to show on the abs thanks to yoga.

Running has been spectacular. This week I started to train with sprints every 4 minutes and I feel pretty good doing them.

And now for the biggest news: we are turning paleo!

My girlfriend turned out to be celiac. Grains and bread kill her and we discovered that eating no bread or cereals resulted in zero colitis or gastritis for her.

A few months back we realized this and started researching Paleo-Primal diets. We slowly worked our way to a no bread diet and she got better almost in 3 days!!

So as weeks went by we begun adopting the paleo diet, which in combination with SLD, we discovered it was super easy.

We still eat tiny meals, but it's all meat-veggies-fruit and some nuts and seeds. No dairy, grains, bread, pasta, cereals... just a little sugar and homemade yogurt every once in a while.

But that's not all. Paleo diet is also healing my nosebleeds and possibly curing my allergies to pollen and fish!! Unbelievable. As I get more results, will post.

As a runner, I am starting to focus on other sources of carbs, like potatoes. It's not that bad at all.

Since SLD destroyed cravings, we can pretty much eat anything, enjoy it and feel great.

SLD+Paleo diet = WIN!

woodysworld

« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

Wow Morex, what a great job you're doing!

Both of you! Girlfriend too!

So glad you guys were able to figure out that wheat was the
culprit of making your GF feel so horrible.

I don't even HAVE celiac, but if I eat wheat, my finger joints
hurt like I'm a 97yo woman with arthritis. Sigh.

Anyway, I'm sure you've heard of Marks Daily Apple website, but if
you haven't, you should check it out.

People there are "Primal" (it allows dairy) but most ARE paleo.

There are a crapton of GREAT recipes on that website and a fun forum
too.

Anyway, good job my friend. You're doing SO well. You must be VERY proud of yourself.

Julie
p.s. over on marksdailyapple.com, my name is InSearchOfAbs. I don't post much,
but I'm there every day as well as here.

Morex

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »

Hey Julie!

Thanks for the kind words.

For what I've been researching, we all are ceilac to some degree. The thing is we all have different symptoms. For example, I get canker sores when I eat wheat, but not my girlfriend... and so on.

Thanks for the link to Mark's Daily Apple. I have been reading it and just signed up for the forums. I am only reading at the moment. My user there is Morex.

Cheers!

Morex

« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »

Week 22 - Maintenance

Another week in SLD. It all feels so natural now that I hardly think of my fatty life.

Last week AS was super strong. So strong that for this week I cut the oil by one tablespoon. Now I am having only 1 a day.

AS is still super strong and it seems the weight loss slowed, but hasn't stopped completely. Clothes are a little looser.

It could be that I am running a lot and doing yoga. Muscles are starting to show up in the abs. Feels weird.

If AS keeps as strong as it is now, I will only have 1 tbspn each other day.

Paleo foods are really delicious. I haven't missed the bread or grains one bit.

Nosebleeds and canker sores have disappeared and I am trully happy. That alone makes the paleo way the place to be.

So there. Not much to tell this week.

SLD rules :)

Morex

« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2013, 10:07:45 AM »

Week 23 - Maintenance

Another great week in SLD and the paleo life style!

In fact, I lowered my oil intake to only 1 tablespoon a day and AS was super strong.

It didn't bother me until I came up with a scale and decided to weigh in. I am 86 kilos.

86 freaking kilos!! WOOHOO!!

Since I am 186 cm tall, 86 kilos is pretty much my ideal weight. I have noticed in my clothes and everything, but I had no idea how much weight I had lost.

So I immediately cut the oil intake. Now I am taking 1 tablespoon every other day and it's working fine.

AS is mild and much more comfortable than it had been. I am still eating super small portions, but I'm forcing myself to eat more fruit at breakfast and dinner. And by more fruit I mean half a banana or half an apple.

Also, this week I bought my first pair of pants size 34!! I can't believe it! I don't even remember when was the last time I was size 34. I think it was in junior high school! Damn!

I haven't used them yet, but I think they look good. No butt or belly now. And it feels weird... but awesome at the same time.

If I keep on losing weight, I'll lower the oil even more. Perhaps only once a week? Who knows. Lets wait and see.

I keep on training for the marathon and doing yoga. Muscles are appearing slowly.

Next week it will be 6 months living in SLD. Couldn't be happier.

Hope you guys are doing fine.

Until the next update... keep the oil flowing!

woodysworld

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2013, 09:14:09 AM »

Yeah Morex!!!

That is so great!

Wow, 34 pants. That's awesome.

Too bad you don't live close, instead of me taking all of my husband's 34
pants to the thrift store (the only thing wrong with them was the size!) I
could have given them to you! Like 8 pairs.

Anyway, congratulations on your success. Crazy amazing.

How is your girlfriend doing going gluten free? Everything going okay for her? Does she
feel good?

Hey, I made the picadillo on Wednesday. It was FANTASTIC. And I did NOT forget the
potatoes.

I added some garlic and cilantro and then a little salsa on top of all of it on top of my
VERY CRUNCHY corn tortillas that I baked in the oven (I don't put oil on them, so they
just about break your teeth off, but I love them that way!) and it was SO good.

Yesterday I had some leftovers for lunch and it was even BETTER.

Thanks for the recipe!

If you have any other "all in one Mexican" meals like that, please let me know.

This poor boring all white girl was DEFINITELY born into the WRONG ethnicity and
would KILL for some delectable traditional Mexican dishes to foist upon my very
white family. HA!

Hope you're having a good weekend, and keep up the great work, you're such
an inspiration.

Julie

Morex

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »

Hi Julie!

Thanks for the kind words :)

Yes, my girlfriend is feeling fine without grains and gluten. Actually, her colitis is almost gone. We got this book and she's about to start this plan, which seems to be the cure to many nasty health problems. http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/

I'll post here how she did. I will help as much as I can, but I'll keep with the paleo way.

I'm glad the picadillo turned out good. Yes, it's one of those dishes that taste better the next day.

And of course I have tons of recipes! Tell me what you want to have. Want some pork meals? Chicken? Rice? Desserts? I even have some Mayan recipes for you :) All are easy and pretty yummy! I even have made my own adaptations to cook on the slow cooker.

The best thing is that under SLD you don't have to worry about eating too much. If the AS is right, you'll just have a tiny portion and feel satisfied.

Let me know!

Morex

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »

Month 6 - Maintenance

And here I am once again. Enjoying the feeling of my size 34 pants and all the rest of my clothes fitting loose :D

Hard to believe it's been 6 months now.

AS is still super strong. So much that starting today I'll be only taking 1 tbsp of canola every 2 days.

I am actually kind of worried hunger hasn't increased. So lets see if this works. As usual, I'll stay like that for a couple of months and see how it goes. If hunger is still away, I'll switch to 1 tbsp per week.

I am interested in eating a little more to keep a good health, while still in control of my hunger.

Other than that, life is awesome right now.

The paleo diet has resulted in a lot of benefits. I no longer have allergies or nosebleeds. I have a lot more energy for my marathon training and I sleep better.

If you can, try it!

And to celebrate my sixth month in SLD land, heres a photo of me rocking my new pants :)

Until next update, keep the oil flowing!

Heidi 555

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »

Hi Morex.  Congratulations!  Your SLD transformation has been one of the most amazing that Iíve seen.  It seemed so fast and effortless, without any plateaus or complications. 

If I had to pick one person to represent the helpfulness and power of the SLD, I would pick you.  For a long time now, Iíve thought that it would be great if Seth wrote a second book (or updated his first one), and included in it pictures and stories of people who have been successful.  I think that you should be featured in that book and then go on tour with Seth to promote the diet and the book. 

There are some of us who have been able to successfully maintain our weight without needing to continue with a maintenance dose of oil (or in my case nose clipping).  I was wondering if you would be one of those people. 

I hope that you continue to post maintenance updates, as not many people have done that.  It would be great to have more info on how to navigate the maintenance phase of the SLD.   Plus your posts are so upbeat and inspiring, I hate to see them stop.  Also keep us posted on your girlfriendís results, too.

Good luck to you with your running and other endeavors.  You must be thrilled beyond belief to have a new thin and fit body. 
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

Morex

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »

Hi Heidi!

Thank you for your kind comments. Really encouraging to keep on SLD.

As a matter of fact I want to be here for the rest of my life!

Although I have noticed that the AS is still there and very strong. I have decided to stop it altogether. I'll post about it it in a bit.

Oh and I have no merit. If anyone deserves an award here it's Seth and all those kind friends who have been posting over the years :)

Morex

« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »

Week 25. Maintenance

Another week in SLD and AS is super strong. Which is great, but I had to take some extreme measures.

In August 26th I'll be running my first full marathon and I have been training. All good. But I came to the point that as part of my training I have to run the full distance TWICE before the big day. This will help me make sure I am fully trained and prepared for the race.

That means I will be running 3 marathons. 2 by myself and 1 race.

The problem is I keep eating too small portions! No hunger at all. And that is not good for a marathon runner. I need to start packing up carbs so I don't collapse on both the training runs and the race itself.

So I suspended the oil until after the race.

Now here's the thing: I won't be eating stupid carbs like bread and pasta. I'll stick to the paleo diet (hacked for runners) which directs me to have natural and homemade foods. I'll be having lentils, potatoes, peanuts, tons of veggies and lots of delicious meats.

I just hope I get a little bit hungrier. I don't want to pig out, of course. I just need to eat right.

After the race, I'll get back to my oil. Maybe once every week.

I'll report how that goes.

And as for the paleo diet, I couldn't be happier. Eating bread and grains (goodbye breakfast cereals!) had me full of allergies and I always felt very heavy. I never noticed the difference because that was my life.

But trust me on this: quitting grains and dairy has been one of the best things I've done. Maybe you should research and try it :)

The social part of SLD, it's been awesome. People keep on staring at me. Some of them have stopped me in the street to ask me what I have been doing to lose weight.

I have to admit this makes me feel fine, but then I have come to this point where I try to explain SLD to people and they laugh or simply discard what I say.

More than once I have heard that I'll die and that drinking oil will make me sick.

Of all the people whom I have explained SLD, I have had zero people understanding it.

Which is sad because some of them really need this. I hope they open their minds and give it a shot.

Anyway.

Until my next update, keep the oil flowing!

Oh if you want to follow my running adventures, here's my RunKeeper profile http://runkeeper.com/user/kyonin/profile

quigman

« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 04:19:26 PM »

Morex, thank you for your posts. You have been quite an inspiration.  When I was doing this before I was trying to follow a LF vegan diet (didn't work well for me, overall). I am now trying to eat something close to paleo ( low carb, high vegetable no sugar no grain).  Your vast improvements inspire me. Thank you for posting.

Morex

« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 05:22:57 PM »

Morex, thank you for your posts. You have been quite an inspiration.  When I was doing this before I was trying to follow a LF vegan diet (didn't work well for me, overall). I am now trying to eat something close to paleo ( low carb, high vegetable no sugar no grain).  Your vast improvements inspire me. Thank you for posting.

Hey! Thank you for your kind words, my friend.

Sounds like you're doing the Specific Carbs Diet, which is awesome. Here at home we researched it because of my girlfriend's colitis, but we stuck to paleo.

Anyway, if you take my advice, I suggest you make SLD the base of your diet. Since it will nuke your cravings, any other nutrition system will work like a charm and you'll eat human portions of your food.

Please let me know if I can be of help.

May the Force be with you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18