Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Morex's adventures in SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 53069 times)

Oilman

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2013, 02:31:12 PM »

Hi, Morex, thanks for keeping your thread going. It is very motivating.

A quick question: I think you said in a post at the beginning that you were doing 2 Tablespoons of Canola 3 times per day, but as of a couple of months ago it looked like you were down to 2 Tablespoons twice a day. Are you still doing 2 Tablespoons twice a day, and also, why did you reduce from three times to twice a day?

Also, some seem to think that Canola is pretty processed. Is there a reason you prefer it to Olive or Coconut oil?

Thanks again for your thread.

Morex

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »

Hi, Morex, thanks for keeping your thread going. It is very motivating.

A quick question: I think you said in a post at the beginning that you were doing 2 Tablespoons of Canola 3 times per day, but as of a couple of months ago it looked like you were down to 2 Tablespoons twice a day. Are you still doing 2 Tablespoons twice a day, and also, why did you reduce from three times to twice a day?

Also, some seem to think that Canola is pretty processed. Is there a reason you prefer it to Olive or Coconut oil?

Thanks again for your thread.

Hi Oilman!

Yes I started with 2 tablespoons of canola 3 times a day. That's because I hadn't read the full FAQ and I hadn't bought the book at that time.

I had to go through the FAQ several times to fully understand it. That's because I am not a native English speaker, so I had to make sure I wasn't leaving anything important behind. And I was! I adjusted my intake according the the suggested amount of oil to my weight.

When I finally read the book, it all made sense.

And yes, I am still taking 2 tablespoons twice a day. And that's enough for me to have this super cool AS. :)

About canola oil... well I started with regular (cooking) sunflower seed oil and it worked fine. But then I read canola oil has a very decent amount of omega-3, so I decided to change.

And here's the thing: canola oil is SUPER cheap in Mexico. It's about US$1.3 a litter... and I am a poor guy, so it was a no brainer. The other kinds of oils mentioned on this forums are either hard to get or too expensive.

Lastly, about canola oil being very processed... I don't mind at all. I used to eat a lot of worse things when I was huge.

Now a days my only "bad" food is canola oil. The rest of what I eat is super healthy food since cravings are long gone. My portions are so small, there's no use to go get fast food because everything is gigantic, even the kids meals. For instance, today I had for lunch a very small portion of veggie stir fry with a glass of water.

Here's a photo! (I'm documenting my meals for further posts. I think they might be useful to other dieters)

So, canola is fine.

Hope that helped :)

Oilman

« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2013, 10:20:15 AM »

That's VERY helpful.

Keep going, Morex; your achievement is exciting!  I'm rooting for you!

Morex

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »

Week 15

Again, this was a pretty solid SLD week for me.

AS has been extra strong. So much that it's starting to feel uncomfortable, but nothing I can't handle. I still eat super small meals. I'll post photos next week since I'll be celebrating 4 months in SLD.

All my clothes are huge now. Like everything. The only clothes that fit are my socks and shoes. Underwear, t-shirts, pants, running shorts, jackets, sweaters... EVERYTHING is huge.

My belt needs more holes!!!

I guess I look terrible when I go walking on the street, but I don't mind. Soon I'll slowly start buying new clothes. It's really hard and sad to imagine I was that big.

I keep on running and training for a full marathon. Next Saturday I'll hit the 24 kilometer mark. Hope I don't die. LOL

Final goal must be pretty close. Maybe I'll weigh in next week. :)

Morex

« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2013, 08:54:35 AM »

Month 4

Where to begin? This month was FREAKING AWESOME! AS was and is still here with all its power. All cravings are gone and I have been losing a lot of weight.

Family finances have benefit a lot from eating less, I gained 4 hours of the day, I sleep better, my skin has improved a lot, running has been fantastic with all that weight lost.

Shangri-la stopped being a diet early in the process. It's a way of life.

I am VERY surprised that not only I left the XXXL, XXL and XL sizes. I am now wearing an L size t-shirt... and it fits lose!!! HOLY CRAP!!

On the waist side of things, I am now size 36. And my original goal was to hit 38!

I would say that I made it, that I reached my goal... but I won't. Now that I'm here I want to see if I can maintain this size and weight for at least a couple of months.

So here's the plan: in a little more than a month I have to go visit my parents to another city. That's when I'll reduce my oil intake to just 1 canola tablespoon a night. Also, I'll go buy some new clothes because everything is huge now. Lets see how it goes. My parents don't have a clue I'm doing SLD. They will have a heart attack when they see me! (Hope not)

For now, all I can say is that I am happy with the results. It's a new me. It has been a little hard to get used to be this thin because in my mind I still see myself as a fat guy. I'm not surprised. I've been a fat guy for 40 years! Sometimes I still move and balance myself as if I had still 50 extra kilos on. This will change in time, I suppose.

Oh another not so happy note, I have a lot of loose skin. I guess I'll have to exercise more until it goes to normal.

How many kilos/pounds off? I have no idea. As soon as I can get to a scale, I'll let you know.

So, without further ado, here is me. I'm wearing an L t-shirt and size 36 shorts. I bought the shirt for this photo :)

For reference, here's me last month:

And also for reference, here's a sample of my meals in a regular day:

Breakfast: 1 corn tortilla cheese quesadilla and coffee
Lunch: Hamburger casserole with potatoes, peas and carrots (This is called Picadillo, a traditional Mexican dish)
Dinner: Half or complete bran cookie with coffee or milk

Drinks during the day: No sweet crap. Just plain water or coffee.
Snacks: Maybe some peanuts. Most days, nothing.

As you can see, portions are super tiny. Sometimes I eat a little less than that. And after a race or long training run, I'll eat more, like last Saturday. I ran 27.4 kilometers, so I forced myself to eat carbs.

So! I'm very happy I am here, in this point in my life. I had never even imagined I would see myself like this.

For today, it's a small victory. But I'm not done yet! The true battle will be to maintain this weight. But if everything I've read is accurate, it will be no problem at all.

Seth, if you are reading this... You have no idea how grateful me and my girlfriend are. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

And thanks to all who have been posting on this forums over the years. Your collective knowledge has been my guide :)

Until next update, keep on drinking your oil!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:02:31 AM by Morex »

Oilman

« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

Wow.

You don't just look slim; you look a decade younger.

What an amazing transition, and it's also amazing how little food you need on the oil.

woodysworld

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2013, 08:59:06 AM »

Holy crap, Morex,  you look absolutely phenomenal.

Seriously, biggest inspiration on the PLANET.

You've done an absolutely fantastic job.

I bet you're just over the moon with your results!

Well, congratulations man. It's so awesome I can barely see straight!

Great job and happy maintaining! Woo hoo!

Julie

p.s. GIVE ME THAT PICADILLO! Looks delicious!

Morex

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2013, 09:25:48 AM »

Wow.

You don't just look slim; you look a decade younger.

What an amazing transition, and it's also amazing how little food you need on the oil.

Thanks! Everyday I am impressed about the amount of food, yes. As a matter of fact I don't want to leave the losing phase... It's very comfortable to eat so little. Oh well...

Morex

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2013, 09:28:31 AM »

Thanks!

I don't know about the fantastic job. All I know is I just drink oil like a crazy person. LOL

Here's the picadillo recipe. Don't forget to add potatoes!

http://www.meals.com/recipe/mexican-picadillo-140582

Holy crap, Morex,  you look absolutely phenomenal.

Seriously, biggest inspiration on the PLANET.

You've done an absolutely fantastic job.

I bet you're just over the moon with your results!

Well, congratulations man. It's so awesome I can barely see straight!

Great job and happy maintaining! Woo hoo!

Julie

p.s. GIVE ME THAT PICADILLO! Looks delicious!

woodysworld

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »

THANKS!!!!!!!

And I for sure will NOT forget the potatoes!

Julie

newmom

• I'm a 5'7 female who had a baby in May!
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2013, 07:08:23 AM »

Just a quick note to say congratulations. You look amazing!

Rok

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 12:41:10 AM »

Amazing!
Excellent job..may be you have a 6-pack ab by now?....if not...why not target that?

~R
---------------------------
Phase-1 Target: 75 Kg
---------------------------

Morex

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:02 AM »

Amazing! Excellent job..may be you have a 6-pack ab by now?....if not...why not target that?

Nope, no 6-pack. I can tell I can see my ribs now!

But it's actually a good idea. I should begin exercising abs and arms...

Thanks!

Morex

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2013, 07:28:23 AM »

Week 17

Just another standard week in SLD land.

AS is strong as usual and nothing new to report. Meals are tiny and I feel great.

Oh, a friend came to visit and we met him at a restaurant for dinner. I couldn't stomach anything because every item on the menu was HUGE. So I just had coffee and had a mini dinner when I got back home.

I am still losing weight. I can feel it in my clothes. I suspect I am starting to leave size 36 :)

I won't be going to visit my parents by the end of the month. Still, I'll enter to maintenance phase by the last weekend of May.

On running news, I just signed up for my first full marathon in August. Now I have to train my ass off if I want to make it to the finish line.

Until the next update... keep on drinking oil!

Morex

« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2013, 07:48:56 AM »

Week 18

Another pretty good and standard week in SLD land.

AS is strong as usual and I am now used to it.

I have been thinking that I don't want to go into maintenance phase! I love my tiny portions but overall, I love the freedom from food I got. I'm actually afraid to lose it and go back to my fat guy portions.

For what I've read here in the forums that won't happen. Hope it doesn't.

Yesterday I had a very weird experience. I went to have lunch with an old friend. I hadn't seen him in a year. Last time we met he saw still as a fat guy.

So I got early to the restaurant. He arrived, entered the place and started to walk all over, looking for me. He looked at me and walked right past me!! He didn't recognize me! I had to say hello and he was very surprised.

So we had lunch. I had a kids cheeseburger and a bottle of plain water.

After a bit I had to go to the bathroom and I looked at my reflection in the mirror. There was much more light than I have at my home's bathroom. And I saw what my friend saw. It wasn't me!! It was some guy that kind of looked like me.

I know it was me, of course. It's just that I'm still not used to see me as a thin guy.

It was a very weird experience.

Anyway... all is good. Just 2 more weeks to go and I'll get into maintenance phase.

Until next update... keep on drinking your oil!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18