Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Morex's adventures in SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 51994 times)

shovelqueen

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »

Amazing success, Morex!  Keep going!  And all the best for the half marathon this weekend!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

woodysworld

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 09:19:08 AM »

Amazing success, Morex!  Keep going!  And all the best for the half marathon this weekend!

DITTO!

You are on FIRE!

Keep up the great work, we're all rooting for you!

Julie

Morex

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »

Thanks guys!

I'll keep on living in Shangri-la for as long as I can  ;D

Morex

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

Week 10

It's been 10 weeks now and SLD never ceases to impress. Every single time I eat to my tiny meals, every extra activity I do in my day, every penny saved, I feel impressed and thankful for finding this way of life.

Everything is going fantastic for me and my girlfriend. AS is still very very strong.

I have noticed that without food and my obsession for it, I am more productive. I just start working straight until past noon without ever stopping to think about my next snack or meal. I even surfed recipe sites to see what was about to cook later.

Now I just focus.

The highlight for this week was that last Sunday I ran my second half marathon. This time was a little harder because the route has a lot of hills. Still I managed to shave off 10 minutes of my previous time!

Here's a nice photo:

As you can see, I'm still a little overweight, but I have been losing a lot. Size 38 is starting to feel lose!!

Lastly, I have noticed that my cravings for coffee are almost gone. It feels great to be in control of that too.

SLD is like having a boost on your will power and confidence.

Until next week!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:19:39 AM by Morex »

Morex

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2013, 10:32:09 AM »

Week 11

This week we've been on vacation but stayed to enjoy the city. Living is Shangri-la is freedom! Freedom from food, that is. We eat so little that whenever we go out, meals are no longer and obstacle or an excuse.

Can go walking for hours and hours with just a bottle of water. We have fun, take a lot of photos... and can wait until home to have a meal.

Yesterday we went to the zoo. It's huge! We walked for about 6 hours non-stop. It was amazing. We got home and had a tiny meal and that was it.

Since we don't have the need to eat out, we are still saving money.

Even if we stay at home, we just focus on enjoying our time without thinking about food.

Girlfriend and I are both losing weight. Since I'm running a lot lately, I'm losing a little more.

I weighed in last week and I was 100 kilos. I haven't weighted that since I was in the University. I know 100 kilos still sound like a lot and I still have a log way to go, but I'm happy nonetheless.

I think I might stop the losing phase when I reach 90. Who knows.

One of my projects for the following days is to give away all my fat clothes. I don't need them anymore :D

Will have to get me some new clothes, but I'll wait a bit first.

So there you have it! That was my update. Not too bad :)

newmom

• I'm a 5'7 female who had a baby in May!
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »

Wow - so inspiring! How much weight has your girlfriend lost?

Morex

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2013, 01:11:39 PM »

Wow - so inspiring! How much weight has your girlfriend lost?

heh... we have no idea. We just won't obsess with the scale. All her clothes fit lose now, that's for sure.

I think it's about 2 sizes... who knows :)

What we do know is that SLD is a great way of life!

newmom

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »

That's fantastic that you are doing it together!

Morex

« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 09:18:37 AM »

Month 3

This month has been a blast. I am still losing weight steadily.

Last Sunday I had the chance to find a scale near and I was very happy to learn that I finally beat the 100 kilos mark! As of last Sunday I was 98 kilos! I might weigh less than that.

I know it seems like a lot, but if you take into account that I am 190 cm tall, I'm not too far off my ideal weight. That would take me out of the overweight area on the BMI table. 

All my clothes are huge!

One of the best things I have ever lived happened two days ago. I gave away my fat clothes. My XXL and XXL t-shirts, gone! My 44 and 42 pants and cargo shorts... gone!

I only kept about 7 XXL t-shirts. I kept two 38 size cargo shorts and a pair of pants. They all are huge, same as all my underwear. I think I might be 36 size now, but I will confirm that until I go to a department store and try on some clothes.

I don't want to buy clothes now until I know what my final weight will be. The buying will have to wait :)

At any rate, the feeling is fantastic.

On another news, I have kept running and now I started training for a full marathon. Lets see if I can do it. That will be until September. Wish me luck!

My meals are still super small and AS is epic. I barely eat. I don't feel weak or tired. Nothing. If anything, I feel much more energetic than ever before.

On a curious note, I have noticed that in my mind I still see myself as a fat guy. I keep a lot of customs and behaviors of a fat guy. Like when I get up from the table. I was so heavy I had to use my hands and arms to support my weight and help my legs while standing up.

I catch myself doing that even if I don't need to. I simple stop and get up normally.

There are times when I walk and I catch myself trying to balance my weight the way I used to when I was huge. It's pretty weird.

When I see myself in the mirror, I see this weird guy I'm still not familiar with.

But if you think about it, I have been fat all my life (40 years). I guess it's natural that my mind still behaves like it did. It will take time to get used to my new body.

Finally... here are a couple of photos. My girlfriend took them today, a couple hours ago.

And just for reference, this is me last month:

Will I ever hit 90 kilos? Only time will tell. All I can say is I am a very happy Shangri-la resident.

Here's to Seth and to another month in SLD.

shovelqueen

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »

You are looking amazing!! 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Morex

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 05:48:32 AM »

Thanks!! :)

newmom

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2013, 08:11:32 AM »

Wow! Congratulations! So inspiring.

CarolW

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 12:07:16 PM »

I'm inspired, too! I'm only on day two, but I have new hope that this will work for me.
Great work, Morex, congrats!

Morex

« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 10:08:16 AM »

Week 13

Another very interesting week.

I think AS is much stronger than before. I had to reduce my tiny portions (even more!!!) because I get so full that it's uncomfortable.

So I now barely eat. I don't get hungry, nor weak. Just my regular life. I'm productive and energetic to go out and run 24 kilometers every Sunday!

It's kind of scary.

But on the good side, I'm losing even more weight. Still I don't know if I already got to 36. Will report when I go to a department store and try on clothes.

I suspect I am very VERY close to my goal.

We've been more than 3 months in SLD and it never ceases to amaze me.

So anyway... until next week, keep on drinking oil like crazy people!

Morex

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »

Week 14

Another week with no lack of amaze.

AS is still very very strong. Tiny meals are now a daily life thing, but people is really surprised a big guy like me eats so little.

It is clear to me now why SLD is not for everyone. If you don't have the will to experiment and research, SLD won't work for you.

Last weekend I went to another department store to try on some clothes.

I am happy to report that it seems I am 36 size now. I don't want to say I met my target yet because both pants I tried on were a little tight.

On the shirt side I am now only large. Not XXL. Just plain L. Again, I won't call it a victory because I want that size to fit much more comfortable.

Maybe next week!

If that's so, I think I will be on my goal... ONLY if I can maintain that for at least a month. We shall see.

Next weekend I'll run a 10K race. :)

And that's it for now.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18