Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Morex's adventures in SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 58724 times)

Morex

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »

Well, in my experience scales are a nice source of angst and stress.

Use it maybe a couple of times a month. Better focus on how lose your clothes fit and how much muscle you build if you are exercising.

And forget about buenona (hot). Focus on being healthy! I know you can do it!

Oh Morex you are specially funny let me tell you I really wish to find more people like you on my daily basis.
No, I am not doing sugar, I know very well it is real poison so yes I am doing same as you, I am going for 2 tblsp of Walnut Oil twice a day.
Today is my 3rd day and I experience more hunger than the past 2 days, just a bit more, don´t know why. Also let me tell you that I just bought an scale in "El Palacio de HIerro" last week but I kept thinking about the idea of not weighting my self since you can become obsess with that and I must say I agree with you 100%.
I wish your gf had her own posts and pictures, for some reasons I think that is easier for a male to loss weight than a female, the fact that she had lost 23 kgs encorage me lots.
Thanks for your reply and I will continue fighting on becoming "buenona" LOL

JoeRock

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2014, 06:06:55 PM »

Hi Morex,

I read (most) of your pages and I have to congratulate you with your success. I am very happy for you.

Since I am a runner myself I would like to give you a little eating advice for your pre race diet.

I eat no fat at all the last few days before a race and the last days I really eat nothing that is fatty. So no nuts/seeds. Nothing fried, no chocolate, no fatty meats. No avocado's etc. I don't overdo the carb up either. Sure I eat carbs but I don't go overboard. I basically eat the same amount of calories as I usually do. I eat a lot of rice and sweet potato the last day before the marathon. Mostly steamed, yes to spices/salt for flavor. Also a little protein, usually grilled chicken breast or a protein shake.

Doing this has really helped me with my overall speed and endurance.

Just to be clear, normally I do eat fat in my diet. I just do this pre race.

Of course you  have to find your own pre race diet regimen, everyone is different. I just wanted to give you my experience so it might help you. Why don't you try it out before a long run?

I am just starting with SLD. I don't need to lose a lot of weight but I do want to get rid of my unhealthy constant cravings.

Again, I'm very impressed with your accomplishments!

Morex

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2014, 01:54:34 PM »

Hi Joe!

Thanks for the advise!

Yes, being in SLD is awesome, but when it comes to running I had a hard time adapting. So far I have ran 3 marathons and a bunch of halfs. I have been improving my nutrition in every race.

I came to the conclusion that I can only eat so much to feel good and finish with energy. So I just have what my body needs without forcing it and that's it.

I do have my carbs, but last race I confirmed that (you are right!) rice is a super food for runners.

A lot has changed since my last update. I do yoga even more regularly and that has helped a lot. I also do IF daily, that is to say I skip breakfast. On Fridays I go 24 hours fasting and that has burned most of the remaining body fat.

Hmm now that I think of it, I think it might be time for another big update soon.

Thanks again!

Hi Morex,

I read (most) of your pages and I have to congratulate you with your success. I am very happy for you.

Since I am a runner myself I would like to give you a little eating advice for your pre race diet.

I eat no fat at all the last few days before a race and the last days I really eat nothing that is fatty. So no nuts/seeds. Nothing fried, no chocolate, no fatty meats. No avocado's etc. I don't overdo the carb up either. Sure I eat carbs but I don't go overboard. I basically eat the same amount of calories as I usually do. I eat a lot of rice and sweet potato the last day before the marathon. Mostly steamed, yes to spices/salt for flavor. Also a little protein, usually grilled chicken breast or a protein shake.

Doing this has really helped me with my overall speed and endurance.

Just to be clear, normally I do eat fat in my diet. I just do this pre race.

Of course you  have to find your own pre race diet regimen, everyone is different. I just wanted to give you my experience so it might help you. Why don't you try it out before a long run?

I am just starting with SLD. I don't need to lose a lot of weight but I do want to get rid of my unhealthy constant cravings.

Again, I'm very impressed with your accomplishments!

Morex

« Reply #153 on: April 28, 2014, 04:49:03 AM »

With deep sorrow and a mind full of questions, last night my girlfriend told me in shock that Seth had died.

According to a post on Seth's blog, written by his sister Amy, he died while hiking on Saturday, April 26, 2014.

I owe him my life. He changed me forever and there are no words to express how grateful I am.

As many had said on the comments on the blog post, I am sad but at the same time I have a lot of questions.

What killed him? Was it one of his experiments? He had been taking big amounts of Omega-3, but as far as I know that's no reason for anyone to die. If so, millions of Inuit people should have died by now because of fish intake.

I don't know.

What will happen with his work and unpublished books? What will happen to these forums?

It pains me to think that his detractors will have a ball laughing and write a lot of "i told you so" posts and articles about his intake of butter or Omega-3.

At any rate one thing is for sure: humanity is at a loss.

I'll post more when more info is available.

This is what I just posted on other threads here at the forums:

-----------------
http://blog.sethroberts.net/2014/04/27/seth/

Hello, this is Seth’s sister, Amy, with the sad news that Seth died on Saturday, April 26, 2014. He collapsed while hiking near his home in Berkeley, CA. He had asked that any memorial gifts be made to Amnesty International. Thank you to all for following and sharing Seth’s work.

On Sunday night I got the news from my girlfriend and I was immediately saddened. The man who changed my life through his work, a man who educated people through personal science just died.

He changed my life, made think, laugh and realize there is a vast world of knowledge to discover right in front of me.

There seems not to be a lot of info at this time, but I'll post it  as soon as available.

In the meantime, all I can say is this is a huge loss for humanity.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Seth. You left this world a better place and changed the life of thousands.

Gelsemium

« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2014, 10:25:26 PM »

Thank you Morex. I hope we will find out what happened to him.

humanity is at a loss.

That's for sure. I know I'm at a loss.
Start date: 8/8/13

Morex

« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »

Hi guys!

Just doing a quick check in.

Everything is GREAT with my health. Weight has been off and things are great.

I haven't had oil in almost a year... or is it a year? And AS is still here. Not as strong, but I can feel it now while I type this.

I am still a runner, but yoga has becoming my main activity. I love it because I get to move every single muscle while gaining balance and calming the mind.

Processed food, grains and sugars are history. I no longer crave them and I am now a crusader for the Paleo/Primal life style.

Life without Seth is weird, but I do what I can to keep his work alive.

Cheers!

siren

« Reply #156 on: October 08, 2014, 01:08:14 PM »

Great to hear from you Morex. I was wondering what you were up to! I took your advice and dropped sugar. Not rigidly, but I rarely have a piece of chocolate or a biscuit everyday, as I used to. I think what helped is taking the oil and sugar (I take 2 tbsps oil and 2 teaspoons of sugar at 4pm each day) daily and just not eating sugar! Also, I take chromium and L-Glutamine each day which I think helps with the sugar cravings.

Stay strong!

:)

Morex

« Reply #157 on: October 08, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »

Hi Siren!

Yes, yes, I'm still here!

I never took oil and sugar, but I'm glad it's working for you. The only supplement I have is a multivitamin and that's it.

Do you think I should have a little more minerals?

Thanks for popping in!

Great to hear from you Morex. I was wondering what you were up to! I took your advice and dropped sugar. Not rigidly, but I rarely have a piece of chocolate or a biscuit everyday, as I used to. I think what helped is taking the oil and sugar (I take 2 tbsps oil and 2 teaspoons of sugar at 4pm each day) daily and just not eating sugar! Also, I take chromium and L-Glutamine each day which I think helps with the sugar cravings.

Stay strong!

:)

siren

« Reply #158 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

Absolutely, since you are working out so much. However, since you are on a paleo diet, I would suggest you do some research to see what works best for you. Do you feel tired at some point in the day? Maybe you need some b-complex and iron?

Morex

« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »

2 years update!!!

Hi everyone.

I know the forums have been silent since Seth's death, but I simply can't go through a January now without thinking about SLD or Seth's work.

I am so thankful for Seth and SLD that I lack the proper words to say how big my debt to him is. Pretty much SLD saved my life and put me in the right track to be in control of my health. It opened my eyes to a new way of enjoying life.

So here I am 2 years later. So much stuff has happened that I won't bother you with details. But I must say that my personal journey has had 3 stages that I want to share.

Stage 1: SLD

Shangri-La changed my life and made me lose weight. You can read all about here in this thread.

I lost a lot of weight and I found myself with enough energy to take my running to the next level. I began healing my allergies and felt great, so I started questioning and researching.

It turned out I discovered I was healing myself because I wasn't eating as much bread as I used to, and even better, I was craving for real food instead of processed crap. That meant, I had pretty much given up on sugar and gluten.

One of the things that blew my mind was the amount of people that fail on SLD and that return to being overweight. I realized it was because they keep eating crap. Sure, SLD reduces the amount of food you crave, but at the end of the day if you keep on eating pizza and Whoppers, you'll discard SLD and get back to the old habits.

Researching further more I discovered the Paleo Diet. It turns out that carbohydrates and factory food makes you an addict.

Stage 2: Paleo Diet

So, SLD wasn't enough for me. Sure I had lost weight but it terrified me to get fat again.

Here at home turned to the Paleo Diet after 7 months of SLD. I stopped drinking oil and I had never gotten back to it.

Why? Because I never went back to cereals, dairy and factory food. I now felt great, I had healed myself from every allergy, I had a lot of energy, mental fog went away and I am more productive and creative than ever.

Stage 3: New Life

I lost a lot of weight, I became a marathoner, I'm a yogi, I published a book, my personal relationships are fantastic and depression went away for good.

No, I'm not bragging. That's not the intention of this post. What I want to say to you is that SLD works. Keep at it, follow it religiously. Be open to experiment. And this is super important:

When AS gets strong, start eating REAL food. If it comes in a box or wrapper, discard it. It will only make you fat and hooked for more.

SLD works and like I said, I have no words to express my gratitude for it and Seth's work.

I miss him. I miss his humor and I miss his messages.

The best way I have to honor his life and work is to keep the flame alive and share what I know.

So, if you are starting SLD, stick to it. It will change your life for good :)

And now here is a new before (2011) and after (2015) photo.

Oilman

« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2015, 12:06:10 PM »

Totally inspiring, Morex. I look forward to your posts.

I miss Seth too.  But this site is just one of the many ways he and his gifts live on.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18