Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Morex's adventures in SLD

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 51997 times)

Morex

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:20 PM »

Day 18

I went out for running. Today was 18k, since I'm training for that half marathon. I found a place where they had this coin up scale and decided to weigh in.

I started SLD when I was 112 or 115 kilos. Today my weight is 102.5 kilos!! (226 lbs). I know I am still overweight but this it the lightest I have ever been my adult life.

This is amazing. 10 kilos (22 lbs) off in less than a month. AMAZING!

I am 1.90 m (6.2) tall. My goal with SLD was to go down to 100 kilos. But now I think it's safe to push that goal to 90 kilos. Only 12 more to go.

This is the coolest formula ever:

SLD + running = WIN

Morex

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 03:50:42 PM »

Week 3

I can't believe I'm on week 3. It's been a huge adventure for me.

AS is huge and I'm barely eating. Just a very small fraction of what I used to eat. And I love it.

SLD is changing my life in a lot of ways. We now buy less food and our house and finances are starting to show. All my clothes are lose. I run faster and longer. I sleep and meditate better.

And I simply love to see my small meals. I am finally at peace with food, for the first time in my entire life.

Maybe no one has ever thought of this, but SLD has helped me to reach a zen state towards food.

So, after 3 weeks all I can say is that now that I found Shangri-La, I plan to stay here forever.

Next Sunday I'll try my luck and weight in again.

Morex

Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 04:49:10 AM »

First Month!!

Well, yesterday we celebrated our first month living in Shangri-la. I couldn't be happier.

All my attitude towards food has changed and I am slowly getting used to my tiny meals. I have to force myself into thinking about food!!

I wrote this in another post, but here's what's been happening:

I am having 4 table spoons a day and I barely have the need to eat. 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. AS has been super strong for me. No hunger, no cravings.

I have never skipped a meal. I have a tiny tiny breakfast of some fruit or cereal and coffee and that gets me going till lunch time.

At lunch I just have a small bowl of vegetable soup or or a itty bitty pice of chicken and salad. Again, that gets me going until 10 PM, where I just have a couple of cookies and a half a glass of milk.

We are careful not to skip meals. Even if it's really small, there's always breakfast. Even more so because I'm a runner.

Yesterday we went to this nice supermarket where they sell gourmet and overseas stuff. I love this place because I can buy a lot of things you just don't find in regular supermarkets. This time around I went there and I didn't buy anything. No chips, no cookies... anything. I didn't feel the urge or craving for nothing. Not even for imported dark chocolate, my favorite.

Like I said in previous posts, after 40 years of having a terrible relationship with food, I am at peace now. I am in control.

And yes, I have been losing a lot weight. I don't know how much and I don't care. I think it's a mistake to obsess with numbers on a scale.

Sure, I need to know my weight in order to see how much more I need to lose. I'll use a scale every once in a while, but more like a casual thing.

We are people, not numbers.

To me Shangri-la is a life changing activity that fixes the mind, will power, family finances and redefines our relationship with food.

SLD has given me the peace of mind I have always looked. Food is important, of course. But now I don't eat to just feel full. Now I eat to get nutrients to my body in small portions. I don't crave for junk or snacks foods anymore.

I sleep, work, run and create better. (I'm a graphic designer)

Even if I don't lose weight ever, I want to keep on living in Shangri-la.  If I ever get to my ideal weight of about 85 or 90 kilos, I'll simply reduce the oil intake to maintain myself in that weight. (I'm 190cm / 6.2 tall)

So here's to Seth and to many more months under SLD

littleg

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 05:27:38 AM »

Think of all the running PRs you will set carrying so much less weight on your long runs!  Have you noticed your times are improving?

And you are right about the number on the scale not really meaning anything.  Kudos to you for having the right attitude about this.  Did you say your wife was doing this too?  How is she doing?

Morex

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 08:21:16 AM »

Think of all the running PRs you will set carrying so much less weight on your long runs!  Have you noticed your times are improving?

And you are right about the number on the scale not really meaning anything.  Kudos to you for having the right attitude about this.  Did you say your wife was doing this too?  How is she doing?

My PRs are for length and endurance. And I just signed for my first half marathon!! WOOHOO!! So you can imagine that yes, I have noticed a lot of improvement in my runs. :)

My girlfriend is doing SLD too and she's lost a lot of weight as well.

Don't tell her, but she feels so good now that she's begun running too!!

I read somewhere in the forums that SLD was like instant will power. And it is! Suddenly we have the energy to do things we didn't want to because they meant discipline. Now those things are starting to feel natural.

This is amazing indeed  ;D

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »

Thanks!

Morex

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:31 PM »

I have no idea what tracking day is it. I will only log weeks and months now.

But just wanted to say that this weekend AS has been so strong, it's scary.

I am even starting to wonder if I will get sick form not getting enough nutrients.

I don't feel sick, weak or anything. I feel great and normal. But like I said, AS is so very strong.

Breakfast was half and egg with a little bacon. And by little I mean a portion a 5 years old would have.

Half a frigging egg.

For lunch I just had a quarter of hamburger patty and about 1 sliced mushroom. Again, something I'd see a 5 years old having.

And I feel so full!

But I'm a huge guy! It's impressive the so very little amount of food I'm having now.

Of course I'll keep on SLD. Just hope I don't get sick.

Would vitamins be a good idea?

woodysworld

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:22 AM »

Ah Morex,

This is the magic time!

THIS is when you're going to see grand things on the scale!

I wouldn't worry too much about the nutrients at this point... but I
don't see how a multi-vitamin could hurt, so why not just take one
and see how you feel.

I'd take it with your five year old portion of food though - sometimes
those b-vitamins don't sit so well in an empty stomach.

Anyway, good luck. I am SO DIGGING the appetite supression.

Friday I was so productive on SO LITTLE food (like zero during the day,
just two oil shots), my husband came home and asked if I had a secret
meth lab in the backyard or something that I was stealing from. HA!

So, enjoy it while it lasts................ It's just so dang freeing.

Julie

Morex

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »

Week 5

Losing weight and now everything fits lose. AS is mega strong.

I am impressed on how little I eat and filling full every single time I sit at the table. Sometimes I literally have a couple of bites of things and that's it.

Haven't tried the vitamins yet, but I already bought them just in case.

Today was my last training run. The half marathon is on Sunday. Hope I can get to the finish line.

I've been noticing how much my taste has changed. I no longer crave for anything like chocolate, cheetos or cereal. Whenever I try any of those, I don't find them appealing and simply stop.

The other night I tried a little peanut butter. Before SLD I loved it because it was creamy and smooth. Now I found it like lard with peanut flavor. I think I much rather have real peanuts.

And that takes me to the fact that I can't stand processed food. Now we are leaning towards vegetables and grilled meat/chicken... in pretty small portions, of course.

I have been taking photos of me and my tiny meals. Maybe I'll post a couple so you can see the progress.

The chocolate experiment

Before SLD I simply couldn't be around any kind of chocolate. I love it and always wanted to eat it all. That's why I never bought for home.

So the other day I decided to put SLD to the test and bought some dark Hershey's, my favorite. I wanted to see if it I no longer crave for it.

And guess what? The chocolate bar has been standing there in the kitchen for 2 weeks!! To be honest, I simply forgot about it!

Impressive. Lets see how much more it lasts.

So there. Another fantastic week under SLD.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:54 PM »

When I go to foreign cities I usually have trouble maintaining my appetite. Usually I skip meals due to lack of appetite. When I come home I find I have lost weight. I mention this because now I am in Seoul. What you say about chocolate is true for me: I bought a small piece of chocolate a few days ago but haven't managed to eat it yet.

Morex

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:28 PM »

Well, the half maraton came and went. I did it!!

http://runkeeper.com/user/kyonin/activity/150118947

After the race I forced myself to eat. But now (Monday) I'm back to normal.

babyhopes

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 05:30:33 AM »

Congrats on the half Marathon, I used to run before I gained back all this weight, can't wait to get back to that. YOu are doing so well, I really hope I can get the AS back too. I just ate too much for lunch, I am addicted to bread. My best AS is with crazy spicing but I have used up that with the spices I have on hand. I will buy more spices soon and try that again.

Morex

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 07:26:46 AM »

Congrats on the half Marathon, I used to run before I gained back all this weight, can't wait to get back to that. YOu are doing so well, I really hope I can get the AS back too. I just ate too much for lunch, I am addicted to bread. My best AS is with crazy spicing but I have used up that with the spices I have on hand. I will buy more spices soon and try that again.

I only try crazy spicing to make some food a little different. What has really worked for me is canola oil.

If you are doing SLD, just be patient and give at least a month without fail. If you have too much to loose, try taking 4 tbsps. I take them 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.

I'm sure AS will be huge.

For the running part, try to walk at least 30 minutes a day until you develop the habit. After 2 months you can start a little jogging. I'd be glad to share some tips.

Good luck, mate!

babyhopes

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 09:26:41 AM »

Thanks for the tips on running and how much oil. I am so excited, just today I found canola oil, it's a bit pricey but at least we have it here. It was under a French name so I didnt recognize it. I am so gonna get me some.

babyhopes

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »

Morex how do you take your oil specifically? Do you put in water and sugar or do you drink it straight and then drink water?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18