sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I came across SLD last weekend on the Freakonomics site. I decided to try it and WOW. I have never known anything like the AS effect I get from 2 x 20ml canola oil (known as rapeseed oil in the UK). I've tried various prescription drugs and non-prescription supplements for AS in the past - nothing comes close to this. I can turn down junk food even when it's literally handed to me on a plate - for me that is HUGE. -- sld uk

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 18665 times)

Gelsemium

Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:57 pm »

Congratulations and thanks for the update!  :)
Start date: 8/8/13

Morex

« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:32 am »

Week 37 Maintenance

Hey guys.

Another nice and smooth week for me.

AS is strong as usual, even if it's been almost 3 months sans oil. My portions are still small. The Paleo way has been treating me pretty well and I got used to IF with no problem.

And as a matter of fact IF has been pretty interesting. Basically I stop eating at 8 PM and have breakfast until past noon. That's 16 fast, 8 hours eating window. And I only eat Paleo, of course.

Whatever fat I have left in me, IF is starting to melt it away. It shows on my flabby skin. A lot. I have muscles and all, but I got skin hanging in my belly, butt and thighs. Looks weird.

However, I feel great!

All this crazy self experimenting lifestyle I got now has lead me to conduct more experiments and it's fun like hell. For instance, I am experimenting with cold showers (tons of health benefits and saves up energy) and cold shaving (closer and no-cuts shaving, better skin). Girlfriend is experimenting with no-poo (no shampoo) and her hair looks healthy and beautiful and it doesn't falls off anymore.

I am not writing all about that here, because I would digress from the main topic. But trust me, losing the fear to challenge conventional thinking and experiment with stuff is awesome.

So, here's to another interesting week.

Until the next update, keep that oil flowing! Or nose clipping!

sunnyday

« Reply #122 on: September 27, 2013, 03:54:17 pm »

Congrats Morex. Very inspirational!!!

I am new to this board. I have been on SLD for 2 months and lost 12 lb.

Please keep the updates rolling  :)

Morex

« Reply #123 on: September 27, 2013, 07:24:40 pm »

Thanks!

Congratulations! SLD is a great lifestyle. Hang in there and great things will come, trust me. :)

Morex

« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2013, 11:35:42 am »

Week 38

Not much to say for this week... except that I keep up building muscle and body fat is going away!!

WOOHOO!!

Last weekend I got to scale and I was shocked to see that I broke the 80K barrier!! Holy mother of Mothra!

My current weight is 77.5K (170.8 lbs). This is the lowest I've ever weighed in my adult life!

And still, my muscles are growing little by little thanks to the Paleo diet + IF. I enjoy only natural foods, but I admit I do like a couple of tbsps of sugar on my afternoon coffee.

Not bad at all.

AS is still strong and I haven't felt the need to go back to the oil. Sometimes I would have a little extra peanuts or a couple apples more, but nothing more than that.

Maybe I'll post a picture on my next update. :D

And that's it for today!

Until the next update, keep that oil flowing!

californiagirl1

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2013, 10:59:08 am »

Hi Morex! I eat the same way... 16 hour fast and then 8 hours of food.  I do not stick to Paleo but I follow the Carb Nite Solution by DH Keifer. I love it.  Using the Shangri-la method is very helpful in maintaining the ultra low carb 6 day life style. I haven't had to deal with the Carb nite yet. The AS with the oil has helped me keep my overall calories way down and be very satisfied.  I only have a late lunch and then have a very lite dinner.  Lately the dinners are getting smaller and smaller.  I don't know what I will do when I have to pig out on carbs to do a hormone reset- cause I am just not hungry.  I am due to do that tonite!Actually not looking forward to that!

Thanks so much for keeping this forum going.  It is very motivating for those of us that have just found the secret!

littleg

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2013, 10:09:39 am »

Hi Morex.  I'm back again and just wanted to pop in and say your story is great to read!  Congrats on the new low weight.  Now that you've got primal, IF and SLD have you thought about adding weights to the mix?  I know you are a marathon runner but no better way to build muscles than to lift up heavy things.  Are you doing this already?

Morex

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2013, 04:33:44 am »

Hi Morex.  I'm back again and just wanted to pop in and say your story is great to read!  Congrats on the new low weight.  Now that you've got primal, IF and SLD have you thought about adding weights to the mix?  I know you are a marathon runner but no better way to build muscles than to lift up heavy things.  Are you doing this already?

Hi!

No, no weights for me. Yoga seems to be working perfectly because all I do is pop in the video and work it out for 30 to 50 minutes here at home.

I'm doing two kinds of yoga. DDP Yoga, which is very strong and focused on fitness. I do lift heavy things... Myself!! LOL

And traditional Hatha Yoga, which gives flexibility and stability to my running.

The best part is that it feels great. No wonder why yoga has so many adepts worldwide. Plus, it's philosophy is very very beautiful.

But who knows, maybe I'll give weights a shot soon :)

Morex

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2013, 04:35:02 am »

Hi Morex! I eat the same way... 16 hour fast and then 8 hours of food.  I do not stick to Paleo but I follow the Carb Nite Solution by DH Keifer. I love it.  Using the Shangri-la method is very helpful in maintaining the ultra low carb 6 day life style. I haven't had to deal with the Carb nite yet. The AS with the oil has helped me keep my overall calories way down and be very satisfied.  I only have a late lunch and then have a very lite dinner.  Lately the dinners are getting smaller and smaller.  I don't know what I will do when I have to pig out on carbs to do a hormone reset- cause I am just not hungry.  I am due to do that tonite!Actually not looking forward to that!

Thanks so much for keeping this forum going.  It is very motivating for those of us that have just found the secret!

Yes, SLD gives you a solid ground to improve your eating habits. Since you no longer crave for anything, you just focus on healthy foods.

It's awesome.

Morex

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2013, 04:49:31 am »

Month 10

Oh boy... when I wrote the number 10 it made me realize I'm close to my first year in SLD. How cool is that?

So this is my month number 10 here and life is pretty nice.

Slowly I have come to get used to my new body and my fat man behaviors are slowly going away.

It's close to 4 months without the oil and AS is still strong.

But what it's simply fantastic is that I no longer crave crap food. Hell, I don't even look at it anymore.

Yesterday I had to wait for someone and I went into a 7-11 to get big ass coffee. In the past I would salivate with pretty much everything they sell there. Donuts were irresistible and I would buy at least one.

This time I simply got my coffee and walked out. After about 30 minutes it hit me. I didn't even looked at the donuts, cookies or pastries!

Last week I had to travel to an event in another city. At some point I realized I had to eat, so I went to get food. Instead of just sitting at a McD's, I went to a store and bought a couple of bananas and 2 apples. Oh and water.

I only drink coffee or water.

Again, I didn't even think about it. It was just my natural response to hunger. Hunger = healthy food... ignore the rest.

SLD has allowed me to just focus on healthy eating. Amazing.

IF has given me more energy, better sleep and muscles.

Of course I am still a Primal/Paleo guy. And I love it. My health improved in ways I never thought.

Another little benefit we noticed here at home is our dental health. Since going primal I stopped having sensitive teeth. And no gums bleeding while brushing. Nice!

It's heavy rain season here, so running has been affected by this. It seems storms will go away soon, so I'll get back to the streets next week.

So that's it for now.

Until the next update... get primal and keep that oil flowing!

And do yoga.

No, really. Do yoga. It's awesome.  ;D

babyhopes

« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2013, 05:49:48 am »

hey there Morex,
Thanks as always for your updates and keeping the rest of us hopeful and motivated. I really like yoga too, especially after I power walk/jog, it keeps me more flexible and feeling better in general. Thats really cool that you are still eating healthy. And big congrats on the 10 months anniversary. I hope to get to the same point concerning Junk food. I still want it but am trying to stay away. My biggest problem is my need for bread (yes I am eating dense healthy whole wheat bread and semolina bread) but I cant give it up, I am just trying to reduce my quantities. I wanted to ask you about IF, are you doing sixteen eight or another form, sorry I cant remember what You said in the past. I want to do IF but have heard its better to have 4-6 small meals a day, what do you think? Is there a site you go by to eat primal? Just want to get some good advice.

Morex

« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2013, 07:42:37 am »

hey there Morex,
Thanks as always for your updates and keeping the rest of us hopeful and motivated. I really like yoga too, especially after I power walk/jog, it keeps me more flexible and feeling better in general. Thats really cool that you are still eating healthy. And big congrats on the 10 months anniversary. I hope to get to the same point concerning Junk food. I still want it but am trying to stay away. My biggest problem is my need for bread (yes I am eating dense healthy whole wheat bread and semolina bread) but I cant give it up, I am just trying to reduce my quantities. I wanted to ask you about IF, are you doing sixteen eight or another form, sorry I cant remember what You said in the past. I want to do IF but have heard its better to have 4-6 small meals a day, what do you think? Is there a site you go by to eat primal? Just want to get some good advice.

Hey Babyhopes!

Quitting junk food is very hard to quit, but once you REALLY understand how damaging and addictive it is, it gets easier to think about twice putting a Big Mac in your mouth.

The less junk food you eat, the less addicted you get. In a couple of weeks you'll no longer crave for it.

Primal eating helped me a lot because it simply doesn't limit food intake. If you want to have a huge crate of veggies and bacon, go ahead! As days go by you get detoxified of grains, bread and legumes.

My main site for Primal eating is marksdailyapple.com. TONS of great info, data and motivation.

Now about IF, it's simply fantastic because it has a lot of benefits. Since I no longer need to lose weight, I do it because I want a better health and maybe put on some muscles. It helps the minds A LOT too. I have found better concentration and problem solving by doing IF for a month now.

I go 16/8, five or six days a week. My 8 hour eating window is great because I get to have my meals with my girlfriend. My last meal is at 8 and my first meal is at 12:30 PM the next day. Since most of the fast is done while I'm asleep or working, I don't get hungry at all.

Before trying IF, please be sure to have good AS by doing Shangri-La. This way it will be easier for you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Morex

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »

Week 41. Maintenance

Hey guys!

This will be a short post because:

1. Life has been hectic!! Too much work this time of year. Can't complain because too much work is a blessing for freelancer like us.

2. All is good in SLD/Paleo/IF land. AS is strong as usual... but I'm starting to question why is it that I crave peanuts so much. Could it that I need more minerals on my food?

Rainy season is stopping, so I got back to my running. Yoga is still strong and beautiful.

And that's it for now.

Until my next update, keep calm and eat REAL food!

Donnat

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 12:12:03 am »

Hi Morex,
 I have been inspired by your journey. You have certainly done an excellent job especially with your running as well.
I started today with some extra light olive oil, 30mls in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I put it in some water and it went down well. Felt a bit nauseas but certainly not hungry.
Thanks for your inspiration and best wishes to you and your family
Donna :)

Morex

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 03:57:00 am »

Hi Morex,
 I have been inspired by your journey. You have certainly done an excellent job especially with your running as well.
I started today with some extra light olive oil, 30mls in the morning and then again in the afternoon. I put it in some water and it went down well. Felt a bit nauseas but certainly not hungry.
Thanks for your inspiration and best wishes to you and your family
Donna :)

Hi Donna!

I'm happy you decided to journey into SLD lands. You will improve your life in so many levels, you'll be amazed how easy it is to take control over your life.

If I may, here are a few things that have worked for me:

1. Be patient. Changes won't happen over night. Just be diligent and read the FAQ several times.
2. Quit eating processed food. The less crap you eat, the more you'll heal the addiction and eating healthy will become natural.
3. Don't obsess. Not with scales, numbers, stats... anything. See your progress with how lose your clothes fit or photos. Use the scale only for information purposes, not for craziness.
4. Go on with your life. Take your oil and go about your day. Work, play, read, dance. Enjoy life!

I'm not an expert, but if you have questions, I'll be glad to help.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18