sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We are survivors...  now, you are handed a GIFT.. You can DO IT. -- jezzica

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Morex's adventures in SLD  (Read 16999 times)

Morex

Morex's adventures in SLD
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:30:57 am »

Hi all.

I know I am late to the party and writing here is like sending a message in a bottle, but I need a place to record my adventures in SLD.

I started 3 days ago and so far I am very surprised and pleased with AS. Impressive.

I am taking 2 tbsp canola oil 3 times a day. It worked since day 1!

Now, I'm a little skeptic about this but since it's all a huge experiment, and I love experiments, I'll stick with it for at least a month.

Of course I'm doing SLD because I am overweight. I have been all my life, even if I am a runner and I run half marathons.

My main problem has always been my addiction to carbs.

Last time I weighted I was 113 kilos - 249 lbs. That was November 2012.

I'll create a nice little ticker when I get a hold of a scale.

Anyway, I wanted to record I started SLD on January 10th 2013. Lets see how far I get.

Cheers!

Nufftin

• A work in progress
Re: Morex's adventures in SLD
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 04:57:51 am »

Welcome!

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

shovelqueen

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 05:13:54 am »

Welcome! 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

gte

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:39:51 am »

Carbs have always been my weakness as well. Good luck to us both.

adventurer

Morex

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 04:56:14 pm »

Day 4

Hey, it's me again. Thank you for your replies.

Before I go on I realized I forgot to say I am 40 years old and 6.2 tall. Like I said, I haven't weighed in yet, but I'm sure I'm over 120 or 115 kilos.

So! Today I had a ton of curious experiences.

I woke up early, as usual, and had some coffee before heading out for a run (5k).

Then I had breakfast and for the first time in my adult life I had a regular human breakfast. I ate a sufficient amount of food for a regular size human. And I was full.

I normally would go for a second serving of whatever I cooked, but this time it was a small size breakfast and I was done. Impressive.

I had my oil before noon.

After a few hours of any meal I've noticed a very weird feeling. I can feel my empty stomach. I know it has nothing inside it. I can sometimes feel it growling, but the urge to go and eat is gone.

For lunch I had some chili. Again, I love chili and I normally have 2 big ass bowls. This time I had only one... and just for the heck of it, I served a little more. Not a full bowl, just a little. That was enough to make me feel sick for hours. Again, it was impressive.

Dinners have also become way smaller and I feel good about it.

Now I have been thinking... for what I have read, people doing SLD often skip meals. Is that healthy? Shouldn't we be eating at least something really small for nutrition purposes?

So far I have managed to have 3 way small meals and no snacks at all. And snacks were huge for me.

Like I said, I've been having very interesting experiences.

Lets see how it goes tomorrow.

Cheers!

Morex

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 06:44:14 pm »

Day 5

Another interesting day.

Breakfast and lunch were a very small portion of what I usually have.

Hunger and anxiety are almost gone, but the feeling of empty stomach is still there. Very weird.

I'm starting to eat less and less.

I felt my pants a little loose, but it might be just my imagination.

Morex

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »

Day 6

The 4 oil tablespoons are getting easier to swallow. I take 2 at 11 AM and 2 at 6 PM.

I started training for a half marathon today.

My 3 meals are REALLY smaller than they used to be only last week. It's impressive.

I haven't experienced any weight loss yet, but by pure logic, if my meals are smaller and I keep exercising, I'll start losing weight soon.

My girlfriend joined me! She is taking sugar. Lets see how she does.

I have been discovering other benefits of SLD that I think I haven't seen posted anywhere:

Money savings!! By eating smaller we have noticed that food lasts longer and we don't have to be buying snacks at all. Oil and sugar are way cheaper, of course.

Time savings! Since I am eating smaller portions, I have to cook less and take less time eating. Thus, I have more free time!

Money and time. Two of the most precious things to me, since I lack both.  :P

These benefits alone are worth to be experimenting with SLD.

Anyway... I'll get back tomorrow. Cheers!

Morex

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 05:21:00 pm »

Week 1!

Well here I am at the end of the first week.

I must say I am impressed. Not only because I have managed to lose some weight,  but because of the learning process.

I have learned that I can survive with a lot less food than what I though. Eating less ins faster and cheaper too, so it's all win.

I personally haven't noticed I have lost weight, but my girlfriend has and some other people. As a Zen Buddhist, I couldn't care less about the scale, but I do care about not being fat. How do I measure my progress? Well I don't. I simply want to feel better when running and maybe wear my belt a little loose.

I have been taking 4 table spoons of canola oil and AP is there all the time.

Now lets move to week 2 and see how it goes.

Morex

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 03:50:57 pm »

Day 10

Holy mother of Mothra!

I am most impressed with AS. Yesterday and today I've been experiencing heavy AS and barely eating.

A bit ago we went to Burger King not because we were hungry, but because we realized we needed to eat something.

And I ordered everything small. Tiny burger, small fries and small iced tea. I haven't had any small meal since I was a child!!!!

But the best part is that I was freaking full with half the meal! Since I am experimenting I decided to eat it all (like I would've done a week and a half ago) and I regret it because now, after a couple of hours, I still feel the food slowly digesting.

Looking at my small meal I realized how important this is in my life.

Also, when I was traveling on the subway earlier today, I caught my reflection on the glass and I saw my face is starting to not be so rounded.

And my clothes are starting to fit lose.  :)

Thank you Seth. This is major breakthrough for me.

And of course I'll keep on SLD.

Morex

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 07:10:20 pm »

Day 11

Today I realized that SLD is a revolution in my life. It's changing the way I relate to food... hopefully forever.

I ran 16.2K today as part of my training for a half marathon. When I run these kinds of distances, I would normally eat twice as much as any other day.

Today was not the case. I got home and breakfast was small. 6 year old portion small. Lunch was about 1/4 of what I eat.

It's impressive.

So much that I just went and buy the book a couple hours ago.

Like I said I am a Zen Buddhist and I meditate everyday. Since I'm on SLD, I've been having outstanding experiences. It's easier to concentrate and just sit in silence.

Even if I don't lose weight, the benefits of cooking less, using less time to cook and eat, killing the cravings, and the money savings, are worth it all.

I think I'll go look for a scale tomorrow. Not buying, but one where I can know my weight.

littleg

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:52:16 am »

Nice progress :)  Seems like you are experiencing both mental and physical (maybe related...?) benefits! 

Morex

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:19:54 am »

Nice progress :)  Seems like you are experiencing both mental and physical (maybe related...?) benefits!

Thanks!! Yes, there are a lot of benefits. I love this!

Morex

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:23 am »

Week 2

I look to my reflection in the mirror and I see that a weird guy looks back at me. It's me, of course, but with a slim face I have never seen before.

All my clothes are loose now and boy is it cold! I guess cold gets me even more than it used to due to the calories lost.

All my meals now are WAY small. Like baby small portions. And I'm not hungry at all.

Hell, yesterday I had for breakfast just a little portion of watermelon and 1/2 cup of yogurt... and I was freaking full!

Coffee was a huge part of my life... now I can only have just a little or non at all!

Here at home we are re-educating ourselves to buy groceries. Since my girlfriend is also on SLD, our food expense is a quarter than what it used to.

Sleep is better, meditation is easier, running is also easier too since I am not so heavy.

It's amazing!

I haven't used a scale yet, so I have no idea how much weight I have lost. But I think it's okay this way. If I start obsessing with numbers, I'll probably get stressed.

Suffice it to say that all my clothes fit loose and neighbors are starting to stare at me.

There's still a long way to go for me to be fit, but at week 2 doing SLD I can say I am very happy with the results I'm getting.

I'm kind of getting a little existentialist conflict here. All my life was about how to get full. More food, more taste, more recipes. Not that those issues are off the picture... what's left? "Meditate on this, I will", said Master Yoda.

So there. That's my update.

Morex

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:40:45 am »

Oh and I bought the book. It's awesome!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18