Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
whole milk vs. sugar water

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: whole milk vs. sugar water  (Read 5931 times)

ebsld

whole milk vs. sugar water
« on: October 20, 2012, 06:18:08 AM »

I ran across a gallery that attempts to answer "What does 200 calories look like?" (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm) and the glass of milk caught my eye.

Huh...  milk doesn't have a strong taste.  So I drank a nose-clipped glass of whole milk and followed up with a glass of water to wash out any of the flavor, and that held me till about 4pm when I got a little hungry and had another.  Now it's 10pm (I'm on Korea time).  All I've had today is water, milk, and a hot chocolate I had when I was studying at a coffee shop, and while I've felt a little snacky once or twice since the last glass of milk it hasn't been enough to get me off the couch.

I see you don't find much nutritional value in milk.  And dairy makes some people sleepy (I haven't noticed that effect, myself).  I comfort myself with the thought that at least it's better than sugar water.

It's better than sugar water, right?

Presuming some major downside doesn't come up, whole milk is a pretty darn easy way to get a Shangri-La dose.  I mean, it takes a minute or so to drink a lot of cold milk with my nose clipped, but personally I'd much rather drink a big glass of milk than a small glass of oil.

adventurer

Re: whole milk vs. sugar water
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:31:07 AM »

hello!!  anything noseclipped will help lose weight. same effect as sw
  great observation!!! ;D

ebsld

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:35:56 AM »

Yeah, I got the general principle, but I was looking for something convenient that I could take regularly that didn't gross me out.  Milk really does the trick for me.

crazycharlie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:58 AM »

Hi ebsld,

Keep me posted on your progress. I've been drinking 16 oz's of whole milk every morning without the nose clips. I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning.

bigbaddar

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:04:56 AM »

Yes, ebsld...Do tell. Am quite interested... 8)

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!

ebsld

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 05:16:57 AM »

Been a long time -- here's my update.  The milk was good for suppressing my appetite for as long as I used it, but having a lot of dairy gives me congestion, so I went back to ELOO.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18