Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
MCT Better Than Olive Oil

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCT Better Than Olive Oil  (Read 7351 times)

KittyMcKnitty

MCT Better Than Olive Oil
« on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »

MCT has been mentioned before on these forums, but I wanted to report my experience with it.

I have been Shangri-La-ing for a little while now with great results (I started when my low-carb weight loss stalled), but since I think a lot of fats are healthy, I wanted to try to pick the one with best results.  Through my n=1 experiments, I have found that MCT oil works the best of anything I have found, plus I feel more energetic after taking it.

I was looking into why this oil may work better when I found this study: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18326600

People were put on identical diets except that one group got MCT oil and the other got olive oil.  The MCT oil group lost more fat.  Over 16 weeks, neither group lost much weight, but the MCT group lost twice as much as the olive oil group.

adventurer

Re: MCT Better Than Olive Oil
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:03 AM »

I hope you continue to post your progress.   Thanks for your link!

KittyMcKnitty

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 01:22:53 PM »

Today I mixed 1 tbsp MCT with a raw egg (a raw egg shooter gives great AS and energy and MCT gives great AS and energy, so I wanted to see if mixing them might be the best).  I had severe nausea and stomach pain that started an hour or so afterwards, but went away fairly quickly.  I think if it were a bad egg I would have stayed sick.  It may have been something else or a coincidence, but it was so terrible that I'm hesitant to try it again.  It's weird, because a raw egg alone gives me no trouble, and 2 tbsp of MCT alone is fine.

The good news is that I was not remotely interested in eating lunch.

lemur2

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 03:09:43 PM »

Mary Enig & Sally Fallon, who wrote Eat Fat, Lose Fat, say olive oil is mostly stored as body fat. 

ziggysue

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »

Don't know if you are still around Kitty but I have found mixing oil and protein fats together causes severe stomach upset for me too.  I venture the stomach is not designed to handle multiple intense amounts of fats at once.  Easy does it. 

BlueMorrissey

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »

I've started using MCT this past week.  Besides the early upsets stomachs and loose bowels, I'm very happy with the results.  There is virtually no taste and it provides a thermogenic component.  It is my oil of choice until fish oil comes out with a tasteless brand that does not cost so much.

quigman

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »

I use MCT oil as well. If you have trouble with digesting the oil, taking a Betaine-HCL capsule can help.  especially as your body gets accustomed to the oil. 

Oilman

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »

the MCT group lost twice as much as the olive oil group.

MCT oil is especially good at reducing belly fat. The same study showed that the MCT users lost more than 6.7 times as much "IntraAbdominal adipose tissue" as the olive oil users.

Remember to ramp up slowly if you go this route, though.  Too much too soon, and the oil takes the express lane.   :-\
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 08:52:40 PM by Oilman »

Gelsemium

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »

There was a sale at the HFS so I bought a little bottle of this. I'm using it to cut down on the amount of red palm oil I've been taking.
Start date: 8/8/13

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18