Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
At my wits end

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: At my wits end  (Read 10176 times)

nicolemarie54

Re: At my wits end
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 11:50:16 AM »

wow good for you!  Can you share how much oil you are taking, which oil, and at what times?  I am starting to get frustrated.  Been doing this religiously for 3 weeks and haven't seen much AS yet. 

HelenaR

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 05:57:55 PM »

Hi Nicolemarie

I started doing the oil twice a day to begin with. Morning about 11.30. I use extra virgin coconut oil one tablespoon and nose clip and I follow this with a glass of water. Then I took the same oil and dose about 9.30pm
But I started to nose clip for lunch and that dropped my appetite so I stopped the oil in the evening
Here is what I have been eating - no breakfast (I am just not hungry) one or two fresh coffees with a splash of cream and milk
Then I do my PACE exercises (10 mins)
Then my oil nose clipped
Lunch I like three eggs with a little butter no salt - I nose clip for this
Afternoon a few nuts and 4-6 pieces of dark chocalate which is sweetened with Stevia
I grate one small lemon for my afternoon drink
Dinner - I like to have protein in the way of meat or chicken with a bit of salad - I also have a red wine before dinner
Have some chocalate again and after an hour I have a lemon drink again
I also drink plenty of water through the day
Then I do my oil nose clipped
If I do get hungry in the evening which is not often I put some baby salad leaves in a small bowl and splash some olive oil on them and a splash of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of cheese on top. I follow this with a big glass of water and I find that fills me for the rest of the night.
I walk all up 4 hours a week but I haven't got back to the gym since I started this. Just haven't felt the need to but I am looking at going this week
I don't know how much I have lost. All I can tell you is that a dress that didn't fit me (I bought it years ago when I was almost down to my goal on low carb) now fits me - I couldn't do the zip up three weeks ago! Also a light weight coat that I couldn't do the bottons up on now is fine. Also my tight jeans are good to go. I look a lot slimmer and intend to go on with this. It really hasn't bothered me once I got use to it and also I have stopped obsessing about food etc Feel I can just get on with my life.
I think for me the combo of PACE low carb and SLD has worked very well for me.
Hope this has helped
cheers
Helena

adventurer

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 09:24:13 AM »

yay.  :P

nicolemarie54

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 03:00:15 AM »

Hi Nicolemarie

I started doing the oil twice a day to begin with. Morning about 11.30. I use extra virgin coconut oil one tablespoon and nose clip and I follow this with a glass of water. Then I took the same oil and dose about 9.30pm
But I started to nose clip for lunch and that dropped my appetite so I stopped the oil in the evening
Here is what I have been eating - no breakfast (I am just not hungry) one or two fresh coffees with a splash of cream and milk
Then I do my PACE exercises (10 mins)
Then my oil nose clipped
Lunch I like three eggs with a little butter no salt - I nose clip for this
Afternoon a few nuts and 4-6 pieces of dark chocalate which is sweetened with Stevia
I grate one small lemon for my afternoon drink
Dinner - I like to have protein in the way of meat or chicken with a bit of salad - I also have a red wine before dinner
Have some chocalate again and after an hour I have a lemon drink again
I also drink plenty of water through the day
Then I do my oil nose clipped
If I do get hungry in the evening which is not often I put some baby salad leaves in a small bowl and splash some olive oil on them and a splash of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of cheese on top. I follow this with a big glass of water and I find that fills me for the rest of the night.
I walk all up 4 hours a week but I haven't got back to the gym since I started this. Just haven't felt the need to but I am looking at going this week
I don't know how much I have lost. All I can tell you is that a dress that didn't fit me (I bought it years ago when I was almost down to my goal on low carb) now fits me - I couldn't do the zip up three weeks ago! Also a light weight coat that I couldn't do the bottons up on now is fine. Also my tight jeans are good to go. I look a lot slimmer and intend to go on with this. It really hasn't bothered me once I got use to it and also I have stopped obsessing about food etc Feel I can just get on with my life.
I think for me the combo of PACE low carb and SLD has worked very well for me.
Hope this has helped
cheers
Helena

Wow thank you for this.  I haven't tried nose clipping yet and don't know if that is something I will be able to do.  I eat breakfast and lunch at work at my desk in a quad that I share with 2 other people.  Dinner is with the hubs and he cooks so I'm not really sure how he would feel about me making an attempt to not taste the food that he just prepared for me.  Besides, dinner is my favorite meal. 

I think that I may be starting to see some of the signs of AS, but it isn't very strong.  I have a lot of habits that are tough to break, for example, snacking at night, having snacks at certain times of the day at work, eating everything on my plate, etc. 

It's been almost a month since I started this and I was hoping that it would work for me but so far I have GAINED 3 lbs.  I also go to ww but that's been tough since the oil makes me go over my points by 11 ppv everyday.  With no AS, I am eating the same amount so in essence my calories are going up, hence the weight gain. 

HelenaR

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 03:45:21 PM »

Hi Nicolemarie

I had the same snack problem - it was the evening for me. SLD has largely stopped that.
Have you tried low carb ? I have found it is a lot more forgiving with the cals.

cheers
Helena

adventurer

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 04:31:24 PM »

Ya, low carb is helpful.  8)

CamKrist

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 07:54:37 AM »

Similar subject was being discussed at yahoo answers last week. I can post the link if needed.
I'm on Twitter and my essay
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18