Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hypoglycemia

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hypoglycemia  (Read 4747 times)

Chili

Hypoglycemia
« on: August 30, 2012, 03:57:46 AM »

When I was younger and a lot thinner I used to suffer from hypoglycemia. Today, which is day 3 for me on SLD, I'm experience low blood sugar for the first time in years. Is there anybody else with hypoglycemia and what do you do to prevent your glucose levels from dropping?
I've only been taking the oil and not the sugar water.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein

numpty01

• Global Moderator
Re: Hypoglycemia
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »

When I was younger and a lot thinner I used to suffer from hypoglycemia. Today, which is day 3 for me on SLD, I'm experience low blood sugar for the first time in years. Is there anybody else with hypoglycemia and what do you do to prevent your glucose levels from dropping?
I've only been taking the oil and not the sugar water.
I don't have diagnosed hypoglycemia but do suffer a bit when I don't eat regularly enough.

I would ask how you are making up your other calories - it could be that either raising the amount of protein or complex carbohydrates will help your glucose levels. It really depends on how your body works though.

The other thing is timing, do you take your oil at a certain time and do you experience hypoglycemia at a specific time too ?

N.

Chili

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 03:30:11 AM »

I seem to feel it about an hour after having taken the oil.
Yesterday I had some Low-GI toast with boiled egg for breakfast at about 8 and then the oil at about 10.
I suppose the easiest thing to do would be to wait for the full hour after taking the oil and then eat something Low-GI regardless of whether I'm hungry or not. As they say, prevention is better than cure.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein

LeanAndHealthy

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 02:15:17 PM »

I know it's an old thread but in case it helps anyone else I also get bad hypoglycemia. It's not to the point of passing out but when I stand up I have to wait like 10 seconds for my vision to come back and the light headedness to go away. It's extremely unnerving and annoying. If I suck on a regular cough drop the problem seems to go away probably because of the tiny pulse of glucose coming from the drop.
I would recommend that people with this problem try sipping on the sugar water over a prolonged period of time and I think that this would help the problem without spiking insulin or anything like that.
Set point theory explains why I'm ravenously hungry an hour after eating a whole pizza and why I'm not hungry for the rest of the day after 3 tablespoons of sugar dissolved in water.

Chase the set point. Always chase the set point. It can never get so low that you'll starve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18