Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Just began--experiencing extreme hunger

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just began--experiencing extreme hunger  (Read 4917 times)

Birch

Just began--experiencing extreme hunger
« on: July 28, 2012, 10:51:53 AM »

Hi everyone,

I literally just started the diet yesterday, so I feel bad for posting, but I hope someone can help. I am a female in my thirties 5'7' 155lbs, and I am really just wanting to get my appetite and food cravings under control.

I started using 1 tbsp canola oil twice per day (keep in mind, only since yesterday). I am so hungry that I am shaking, and I am hungry more frequently today then I have been in a long time. I'm not using sugar water b/c I'm hypoglycemic, and that would lead to more hunger. It feels as though my body is not even registering the oil as a caloric substance--the hunger continues straight through the drinking of the oil. When I eat, have eaten today, I am ravenous and hungry within an hour.

I hesitate to use any other form of oil because my body craves fats, and canola oil is not among the fats I crave. I am concerned that I am going to gain weight b/c my body feels like it is entering a period of starvation. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a length of time I should suffer through to before I just give up? Any advice would be welcome.

Thank you!

Woody

Re: Just began--experiencing extreme hunger
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

Hello Birch,

I have just started the programme today. I took 1 x tablespoon of the ELOO this morning, and can tell it works!!

Maybe as a suggestion, if you can, change from Canola Oil to ELOO and see how you go.

It is really strange, I don't know how it works, however, I am definately experiancing Shangri La - Eutopia - where I feel at peace with food - which for me is great!!

Let me know how you go. Good luck!! :)

Nufftin

• A work in progress
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »

For heaven's sake, Birch, if you're hungry, EAT! You won't lose any weight if your body is in starvation mode. As has been said other places, the appetite suppression will not kick in immediately, sometimes it takes up to six weeks. SLD is not a miracle cure, but a lifestyle change, and these things take time. I found it much harder to get used to the oil than the sugar water.

Silly question: are you nose-clipping when you take the oil?

Do try to stick with it, and when you are hungry, concentrate on good-for-you foods rather than Twinkies and Cheetos. Good luck!

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

Ratty

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 07:16:29 AM »

Hi Birch

I think a few people have had that experience and it may be a response to taking that amount of oil in one go. It does appear to be temporary. Digestive enzymes might help. Here are a couple of threads on it:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=6275.msg67976#msg67976

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=743.15

Ratty

Chili

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 02:57:13 AM »

I just started two days ago and experienced the extreme hunger as well. I took the oil first thing in the morning and was starving for the rest of the day.
Today is day three and I changed my approach. I took the oil at 10AM which seems to have helped. I don't know if today is going better because I changed the time that I'm taking the oil or because my body is now a bit more used to the oil.

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18