Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
WAS's Progress (Start: 250 Current: 245)

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WAS's Progress (Start: 250 Current: 245)  (Read 3009 times)

watersandstars

WAS's Progress (Start: 250 Current: 245)
« on: July 28, 2012, 07:48:53 AM »

So, after about a year of knowing about the Shangri-La diet, I went ahead and purchased a big thing of olive oil. I figured, hey, if it doesn't work, I needed olive oil anyway, you know?

A bit of history: my father died and I gained roughly 50-60 pounds from grief eating. That was three years ago. I went from 290 to 270 just cutting my donut consumption - ha! I went down to 250 by having a sudden urge to eat Brussels sprouts, kale, and tomatoes for dinner. Every day. For two months. Who knows what that was all about!

Now I'm here.

The thing is that it really works. I know my weight loss is fairly low compared to that of others, but if you've ever struggled with constant hunger (emotional and physical) you know how any sort of relief from that feels like heaven. I'm down to one "big" meal a day and a smaller meal sometime afterward. Sometimes I snack. Sometimes I don't. For the first time in a very long time, I've felt in control of my choices.

Last night, we got Thai food. I love Thai food. I was totally stuffed after a plate and I couldn't accept another helping. That's great by itself. The best part was that I didn't feel scared to leave the food behind. There was zero feelings of loss of control or security, and I know those are really big eating triggers for me.

Anyway, yeah. Five pounds down, feeling secure and happy in my body.

Start Weight: 250
Short Term Goal #1: 235
Long Term Goal: 190

I use extra virgin olive oil but plug my nose and swish with water afterward. Three tablespoons a day. At the moment, I'm not making any extra effort to guide my eating, but have plans to since I am actually getting full off without panic. Seriously, blown away that this is my reality right now. So good.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18