Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
xylitol-anyone using it?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: xylitol-anyone using it?  (Read 3949 times)

deMuralist

xylitol-anyone using it?
« on: July 07, 2012, 10:29:55 AM »

The forum told me that the other thread was too old and to start a new one.  I am wondering if anyone is still using this and how it is going.

I currently use 1T of ELOO in the morning, followed by 1 liter of water, and 1T of EVCO in the afternoon followed by 1 liter of water.

I was considering adding a tsp of xylitol to both of the liters of water.

Also wondering if with the xylitol in it, would I still have to not have anything with flavor for an hour after I finished the water.  I tend to sip it for the hour after I do the oil now.

I am a newbie, 1 week in.

LeanAndHealthy

Re: xylitol-anyone using it?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:21:39 AM »

I know this is old but since this thread is still on the first page maybe my post will help someone. I don't use xylitol on SLD but I would think it would be fine. It seems like the body digests xylitol as a vegetable essentially not getting any calories from it until it reaches the intestines and ferments. It has an extremely slow digestion rate. That being said a lot of people get gas, bloating and dihherea from xylitol as it's primary digestion is done via fermentation.

I once read online that how you react to xylitol can be a good indicator of your intestinal health. Gas, bloading, and frequent trips to the toilet after xylitol consumption can mean poor bacteria balance and an unhealthy gut. That being said sometimes xylitol would give me trouble and sometimes it wouldn't.

For those thinking of trying xylitol try alittle at a time. Maybe start with 25 calories worth and slowly work it to 100+. It's healthy stuff- fantastic for your teeth and good for your gut too.
Set point theory explains why I'm ravenously hungry an hour after eating a whole pizza and why I'm not hungry for the rest of the day after 3 tablespoons of sugar dissolved in water.

Chase the set point. Always chase the set point. It can never get so low that you'll starve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18