Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Second time around

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Second time around  (Read 5125 times)

Ratty

Second time around
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »

I started trying to make SLD work for me back in 2007. I used the 'alarm' version, talking the oil in the early hours of the morning. It worked to a degree, but not as well as I would have liked. My appetite was lowered, but not a lot. I did lose a few kilos but I wouldn't call it a huge success. I did it for 4 years (!) and then called it a day.

When all the weight I lost slowly drifted back, I decided to come back to SLD. That was about two weeks ago. It has been a very different experience for me and I thought I'd share that, just in case it helps others too.

This time round, I am taking the oil either after breakfast or instead of breakfast. At first I divided the dose and had some in the afternoon but now I am doing it all in the morning. Timing is clearly everything with me as I am experiencing a totally different kind of AS that brushes aside premenstrual munchies and leaves me feeling hungry but disinterested in food. I have lost a kilo so far. :D

My details are:
Goal: Lose 6-8 kg
Dose: 300 cals oil + sugar rinse
Oil: Mostly canola

All the best,

Ratty

numpty01

• Global Moderator
Re: Second time around
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 04:20:32 AM »

All the best and welcome back!

N.

shovelqueen

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:28:15 AM »

Welcome back, Ratty!  I'm still here, since 2007, too. I'm also 50+, losing about the same amount of weight (goal 15-18 lbs).  And back to taking oil several days a week to help me along the way.  And it's working.  Good luck to you!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Ratty

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »

Hi numpty and shovelqueen,

Thanks for the support. And apologies for the delay in replying. I've been on holiday. Maddeningly, I was on holiday with people who just wouldn't understand SLD. I tried 'alarm SLD' but that really didn't work so I ended up eating waaay too much.  >:(

But I am back on the wagon and feeling hopeful again.

Ratty

Ratty

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:35 AM »

Looking back at my limited postings is always eye opening. Here I was thinking that I have moved along quite consistently and the records show otherwise. I can't remember taking canola, but the evidence suggests otherwise.

I drifted into noes plugging about a month ago. The logic driving that was that all the SLD calories would contribute more constructively towards my overall calorific intake, as I have always found it hard to keep under 1200 and take the oil. I have also been working from home, so I could noseclip with abandon.

As is typical in my experience, it works fantastically well for a couple of weeks. In this case, I have had many days where I struggled to eat 1000. Amazing. Really amazing. But...

...whenever I've had a day where I couldn't noseclip almost everything (guests staying, for example), which also involves a few glasses of wine, the AS has disappeared for up to 2 days and my weight has shot up, too. So the net result over a whole month is a kilo lost, which is a bit discouraging for the effort required (including having to sit at dinner with my long suffering partner, wearing nose clips, which just feels like a recipe for future blackmail!).

So, I do plan to keep going and tweaking as I go. I have recently added 100 cals of flaxseed last thing at night but am not certain its helping at all. Hopefully, I'll be able to report better progress soon!

Ratty

Ratty

Success! 2kg lost - by eating Skittles!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 01:01:03 PM »

I thought it was time for an update, particularly as I have had moderate success by changing tactics completely! For the last 2 weeks, I have been using Doug's's "Extinguishing Conditioned Reinforcer method" - http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4361.0 which pretty much follows the calorie free flavour (CFF) principle.

Rather than using KoolAid, which is hard to come by in England, I started off with slightly sweetened lemonade. I got some AS, but I wasn't satisfied with that approach as I have a trip coming up soon and need a method that worked well when visiting friends. You can't just turn up with bags of lemons and you also can't demand that they stock up on your behalf.

I landed on the idea of using Skittles. I have been eating three at a time, (4.5 calories per Skittle) with and without food regularly every day and getting excellent AS. I probably do this 5-8 times a day, usually when I feel a bit peckish. It allows me to eat two small meals a day, which keeps me under 1200 calories, so I can lose weight. I usually feel like I have eaten waaay to much food at every meal.

I assume Skittles are sold everywhere, but here's a link for anyone who doesn't know what they are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skittles_(confectionery)

On top of the fact that its working so well, what also is so appealing about this approach is that you can do it literally anywhere. Eating three sweets every so often seems so unremarkable and normal, unlike drinking oil, nose clipping and all the other methods I have tried and not been able to maintain in a social context. The fact that I am not overly fond of Skittles generally, may help me just eat a few at a time and not swallow them by the handful.

Fingers crossed for continued success!

Ratty
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18