Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Headache with oil?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Headache with oil?  (Read 4355 times)

JodyR

Headache with oil?
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »

I just started this diet last week. First off, I noticed that the SW made me hungry after half an hour. (I didn't eat anything, but my stomach was rumbling, and I made sure I drank it over 30-45 minutes.) The second thing was I took 1 Tbl. of oil, by itself, which I almost gagged on, it was that nasty, and I got a headache that 4 ibuprofen couldn't touch. The next day I decided to combine the SW with the oil, which was easier to swallow, texture-wise, didn't make me hungry half an hour later, but still gave me a headache. In case you're wondering, I haven't had a headache in a few months, and this was the only thing I changed in my lifestyle.

BTW, I'm using expressed walnut oil because of the lack of flavor. I find that I have to wipe my lips after every sip because the oiliness just makes me gag. Is this a normal reaction for a newbie?

I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I realize this might have been posted already, but I did a search and couldn't find anything similar.

gte

Re: Headache with oil?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 01:56:41 AM »

I suppose everybody has a different reaction. Some people can't stand
the feeling of the oil and drink it with water. I drink it plain and
don't have any issues neither headache.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 11:44:07 PM »

Hi JodyR - I can sometimes gag just looking at the oil, so what I do is measure out my oil, add water and shake it up before downing it. That changes the texture completely, it's just like water (or vinaigrette without the vinegar!) and goes down really easily. I block my nose, wipe my lips and rinse before I start breathing through my nose again. Somewhere on the forums is a recipe for "oil milk" which is a mix of water, oil and an emulsifier. Have a look at the thread by ntb because I think that he was the one to come up with the idea.

I can't really comment about the headache because I've never had one on the oil, but I do know that different oils have different effects. I can't handle ELOO - for me it's really gross and it makes my skin break out. My best oil is avocado because I can't taste it, psychologically it's more comfortable for me and it makes my hair and skin really soft. I did try canola, but couldn't stick with it.

Good luck and keep us posted  8)

questable

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:13:35 PM »

i said this on the other thread as well:

newbies, don't forget to use the search function at the top left hand side if you have a specific question.  chances are, its been posted already.

good luck!

Design Your Own T-Shirt
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:36:26 AM by questable »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18