Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Low palatable diet

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low palatable diet  (Read 3829 times)

bjk

Low palatable diet
« on: May 26, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »

I realize this isn't strictly a SLD topic, but I wanted to share my experience with low palatibility diet. I had gained about 8 extra pounds and was feeling pretty bad about ever losing the weight (not just the eight pounds, the total overage). I had read about low palatability from Seth and Steven Guyenet, and had given it a half-hearted try. However in my despond I didn't bother to go the store and ate what was left in my fridge, which was stocked with my low palatability shopping - cottage cheese, vegetable soups, bland cereals, eggs and peas. None of my favorite foods, like bacon or chocolate or sausage (having picked the parts of the Atkins diet I liked and chucked the rest). After about a week of this I realized, wait, I'm  not hungry! I don't even need to eat dinner. And in the three weeks since, I've lost about 7 pounds without too much trouble. So, in short: I recommend the low palatable diet. I hadn't realized how much flavor was in my diet, and eating less flavorful foods, I also think about food far less. I can even skip meals, something that would have been hard to imagine a few weeks ago.

bjk

Re: Low palatable diet
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »

Probably should have put this in general.

Re: Low palatable diet
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »

How is the low patability diet faring now that you're a month and a half in?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18